Big Bang Bar Forum Index Big Bang Bar
Forum hosted by Robert Winter

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

BBB Merchandise Poll #4 – Shirt Design Location

View previous topic :: View next topic  

Where would you want your shirt to have artwork?
Back only
0%
 0%  [ 0 ]
Front only
17%
 17%  [ 4 ]
Front & Back
82%
 82%  [ 19 ]
Total Votes : 23

BBB94

PostPosted: Mon Jan 09, 2006 8:29 pm    Post subject: BBB Merchandise Poll #4 – Shirt Design Location Reply with quote

Artwork could be silk screening (or what ever the latest greatest color shirt printing technology is) and/or embroidery.

I would expect that having art on the front & back would be more expensive, but I don’t know by how much. Here is one idea that I have, that would probably be fairly expensive - and is not covered in the above options. I'll work it into the voting eventually.
harrrrrrr

PostPosted: Mon Jan 09, 2006 10:20 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

BBB94... great shirt... I'll take one. As for my vote for front only... that's for a polo with a small BBB planet or tube dancer over the heart... why not both? Sweatshirt... same. Tee... same and one additional Tee with tube dancer (large) on back and small bbb planet over the heart on front. Decisions... decisions... what the heck... I'll take one of each... something to wear in the neon glow... hmmm... glow in dark tubedancer on a shirt... yes one of those also please... hmmm...
BBB94

PostPosted: Tue Jan 10, 2006 12:33 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Yes, so many options; enough to drive one mad - hee hee tshirt ! I'm hoping that when we settle on some designs, that people can pick any style, size and color of shirt that they want for any particular design.

Just to let everyone what else I hope to determine in upcoming shirt polls:
* Inks: regular, fluorescent, glow in the dark, and/or reflective
* Polo style shirts: T-shirt type material that can be silk-screened or businessy type material that could probably only be embroidered.
* Artwork to consider: Backglass, sideart centered on planet, sideart with planet on left (R side art), sideart with planet on right (L side art), tubedancer, planet logo - red or blue, playfield section(s), apron waitress, cabinet front girl, some small section of BG, sideart, or playfield, and ?ideas?
* Text (I think in the old forum Gene said nothing vulgar or negative to the nay sayers): Do we want one or more shirts with a saying on the front and/or back; if so what?
* Shirt colors (if we can't pick individually): I would start with purple, black, lt gray, dk gray, and white (I think blue and green would match the art too much - but that's what voting is for)
* For the Backglass and Sideart, should the background color (black for the BG, and purple for the sideart) be removed so the image blends into the shirt more naturally.
Swann

PostPosted: Tue Jan 10, 2006 1:01 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

In regards to T-Shirt, I do have to mention what I've made myself for fun (do not sell it, won't do it again (as you will understand why soon)).

Anyway, I used an online interactive site where you can design your own t-shirts and I uploaded a picture taken on the translight artwork (the original one without the logotype) and the BBB-logotype. Then I used the translight artwork on the back and the BBB-logotype in the front (small top right).

In regards to printing quality when you do like this... well the obvious answer is: no good... but it's a great way to create a truly unique t-shirt Smile
...and yes I'm aware of all copyright issues and so on, but don't think anybody would go hunting me down for having down two such t-shirts... + I would definitly buy well made ones in a sec.

Conclusions in regards to this; I think the logotype doesn't need to be that large, it's fine with having it just small top right. In the back there's a lots of goodies artwork that can be there, am quite sure that you could use both translight and side-artwork from cabinet to fill up the back.

--------

In regards to "real" t-shirt printings, I've been doing some for other pinball related projects that I'm involved it and there is quite a bit of things to think about.

First the least obvious, the quality of the t-shirt, there's a lots of different ones and you can really spot and feel the difference. Don't need to go into a deep analysis of this, but I have good friends that has *almost* done that and it's a science.... ( his website by the way: Pinwear.se) the easiest way to be safe is to select a big brand like Hanes or Fruit of the Loom.

In regards to the print, the thing that costs is actually developing the print and this variates depending on how many colours you will be using. Also if there is some colorshades and fades then you'd have to takes those into considerations when developing the print. The BBB-logo would actually be reasonable cheap, it's just three colors (black, blue, green).
So making a couple of different versions (same print, just different locations) would most likely increase sales and wouldn't actually be so much more costly (so yes, it's not that big of a deal to make that BBB-Bra as long as you've got the print developed).

--------

In regards to fixing the artwork so that it suits, you'd have to have some graphics-artists doing that and there's one thing that I would like to point out here. You can save a lots of bucks by turning to a artist that's into Pinball. I personally know some really good artists that would happily do things like this for free if they just got a copy of the work they've done (a free t-shirt that is). It doesn't have to be so expensive to do everything... you just have to know the right people...

--------

Personally I'm just into T-shirts, wouldn't use a sweetshirt or polo (but would most likely buy one anyway Razz . Actually I think I would get one of each just for the kick of it... even the bra (hmm, what's my size? ).

It would be great if the color selections would be correctly made so it really becomes a UV-reactive print.

And in regards to which print, don't really matter so much for me, all the BBB-stuff looks great, just get som variations to select from.

Embroided would be really cool to, it creates a more exclusive image... but I guess it would only work on some clothing and on smaller details, else it would just look weird...

* Just made some "bold'ing" to make it more readable... has nothing to do with wanting to state anything...
BBB #79 has arrived here in Stockholm, Sweden!
Kronis

PostPosted: Tue Jan 10, 2006 11:42 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I think simple is better than complicated- 3-5 color silkscreen design on standard tees first, long-sleeves and golf/polos second. I would favor white/black base colors first, purple second, other colors third. Day-glo ink would be really cool, and still a cheap option.

Below is a quick n' dirty I worked up. I favor a small BBB patch on the breast, and company logo and maybe some backglass/playfield/sideart somewhere else, preferably on the shoulder patch (in this case, it's "Ray" from the plastic art):

Additionally, while I would like we 183 machine purchasers to organize and be the first beneficiaries of merchandise, I think after game delivery, everyone should be able to purchase this stuff. It will help defray costs by allowing manufacturers to build larger production orders, and I really think there is a small, but real market for BBB merchandise for non-owners.

BBB #21
CraigC

PostPosted: Thu Jan 12, 2006 8:46 pm    Post subject: Re: BBB Merchandise Poll #4 – Shirt Design Location Reply with quote

I really like this design. good idea to have the tube dancer down the arm. I would like to see it down one arm and not both. or maybe the capcom logo down the other if you did anything or under the apron gal.

I'd like to see dark blue shirts. or just a darker color.

-c

BBB94 wrote:
Artwork could be silk screening (or what ever the latest greatest color shirt printing technology is) and/or embroidery.

I would expect that having art on the front & back would be more expensive, but I don’t know by how much. Here is one idea that I have, that would probably be fairly expensive - and is not covered in the above options. I'll work it into the voting eventually.
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Big Bang Bar Forum Index -> Polls All times are GMT - 7 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: