Big Bang Bar Forum Index Big Bang Bar
Forum hosted by Robert Winter

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

BBB Merchandise Poll #5 – Favorite Shirt Art, Back

View previous topic :: View next topic  

What is your favorite art for the back of a shirt?
Backglass art
16%
 16%  [ 4 ]
Side art centered (more or less) on planet
25%
 25%  [ 6 ]
Side art back portion, planet on left or right
4%
 4%  [ 1 ]
Playfield (lower 2/3rds, lower third, or middle third)
0%
 0%  [ 0 ]
Tubedancer(s)
25%
 25%  [ 6 ]
Planet logo, red or blue
8%
 8%  [ 2 ]
Capcom logo
8%
 8%  [ 2 ]
Arpon Waitress
4%
 4%  [ 1 ]
Playfield Waitress or Whip? girl (from cabinet front)
4%
 4%  [ 1 ]
Other/Combo – see post
4%
 4%  [ 1 ]
Total Votes : 24

BBB94

PostPosted: Wed Jan 11, 2006 10:56 pm    Post subject: BBB Merchandise Poll #5 – Favorite Shirt Art, Back Reply with quote

I don’t think the front portion of the side art would work well because it would be too oddly cropped, so I left the following as write in candidates in case anyone disagrees with me:
Side art planet on left (front portion of left side)
Side art planet on right (front portion of left side)

If there is a landslide, I may do a 2nd favorite back art poll to ferret out the best options for additional shirts.

For better or worse the options would have been more specific if there was not a 10 choice limit for polls.

Kerry Richard: in Poll #6 wrote:
Any chance these images can be a thumbnail next to the vote options?

Backglass Side art L center
Side art L rear Side art L front
Tubedancer Whip? girl
Apron Waitress PF Waitress
Planet logo, red Planet logo, blue
Playfield middle Playfield bottom

Anyone got a good pic of the right side of the cabinet, Pf Waitress, or Whip girl?

Last edited by BBB94 on Tue Jan 17, 2006 4:29 pm; edited 3 times in total
blubboman

PostPosted: Thu Jan 12, 2006 5:36 pm    Post subject: Playfield waitress Reply with quote

Like my other post, the playfield waitress has it all!

A tray of wacky space drinks
A slinky 'Saturn ring' boob dress
Blue skin
Orange mohawk hair
Tubes for ears (uh, not sure what those are for . .)

She looks good on the side cabinet also.
BBB94

PostPosted: Mon Jan 16, 2006 1:31 pm    Post subject: Re: Playfield waitress Reply with quote

blubboman wrote:
Like my other post, the playfield waitress has it all!

Does anyone have a guality, well lit, straight down (not angled), pic of that section of the playfield? I haven't come across any to play with. TIF or PNG preferred, high quality JPG okay.
BBB94

PostPosted: Tue Jan 17, 2006 4:31 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I added the thumbnails to my original post.
BBB94

PostPosted: Tue Jan 17, 2006 5:00 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Does anyone know how many screens are required to print the backglass?

Am I correct that it takes 7 screens for the side art?
Swann

PostPosted: Wed Jan 18, 2006 12:47 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Yes, I think 7 screens should do it in regards to the sideart, maybe 8 (look on the eye of the creature with the long neck top right, it seems like another shade of green)

1 Yellow
2 Red
3 Black
4 Light Blue
5 Light Green
6 Purple
7 White
8 (Medium Green)

I'd have to agree too that the playfield waitress is nice (it's the same as on the side-art!). So definitly carefully edited side-art would be truly great as back-print! (that is shouldn't look like some one just took the side-print and used it, the edges should be following the figures and not the cabinett-side size.)
BBB #79 has arrived here in Stockholm, Sweden!
alienagent

PostPosted: Wed Jan 18, 2006 8:18 pm    Post subject: Over painted shirts Reply with quote

I think we would find that robert could probably come up with much better designs for the shirts, His elvira shirt looks really good, not lacking in graphics but not too busy either.
It seems like we are heading in the direction of covering as much of the shirt as possible with paint, and that could look really tacky Very Happy
Im looking for something I can wear without looking like a billboard. Very Happy
robertwinter
Site Admin

PostPosted: Wed Jan 18, 2006 10:50 pm    Post subject: Re: Over painted shirts Reply with quote

alienagent wrote:
I think we would find that robert could probably come up with much better designs for the shirts, His elvira shirt looks really good, not lacking in graphics but not too busy either.
It seems like we are heading in the direction of covering as much of the shirt as possible with paint, and that could look really tacky Very Happy
Im looking for something I can wear without looking like a billboard. Very Happy

I can't take credit for the design of that shirt although I did do a run of them in cooperation with Jim at PinGame Journal.

I agree about not making the shirt too busy. That's why I like the concept of a small BBB planet on the front and the tube dancer on the back. The other reason I like the choices is because of the low number of colors required to pull it off. The BBB planet is only three colors and the tube dancer is about 4 colors.

The sideart or backglass art is just too complex to be on a shirt. Too much going on and too crowded. It's great if you've got time to stare at it and discover all the detail, but the normal person is probably only going to glance at it for a second or two.

I dislike the idea of any wording added especially if it's something corny or suggestive. A shirt should be something that *everyone* could feel comfortable wearing. Sometimes simplicity is good.
BBB #74
Kerry Richard

PostPosted: Wed Jan 18, 2006 11:11 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Thanks for the thumb nails...They're very helpful to me and I'm sure to others.

Thanks again!
Kerry Richard #111
Swann

PostPosted: Thu Jan 19, 2006 12:50 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I agree with that too busy print becomes messy, but I also still think that the Side-art of the cab is truly great. With the right coloring (UV-reactive) it would turn out to a truly amazing print! (and yes, with the right art editing too, wouldn't want it to be a square covering the shirt, it should be a suitable image.)

By the way, Robert, only a second or two? Does the ball drain that fast when you're playing? Twisted Evil Don't you play for longer periods with your back towards the audience?

Yes, wording makes it too much... it's better to have a print that makes people interested and wants to know more (just art) then one that says it all... and yes, wording is not suitable to wear by everybody.

In regards to the Tube dancer, well why don't we have three prints, you can then get them in every possible variation that you want, that would satisify most people I guess;

1. Front: Tube - Back: Sideart
2. Front: Tube - Back: nothing
3. Front: BBB logo (small top right) - Back: Tube
4. Front: BBB logo (small top right) - Back: Sideart
5. Front: BBB logo (small top right) - Back: nothing
6. Front: Sideart - Back: Tube
7. Front: Sideart - Back: nothing

Personally I think several of the options doesn't really work, and would go for getting some T-shirts of 3 & 4. But the taste is like your a*s, twofolded (this is a Swedish saying, guess it doesn't exist in US..or???), and some of the others someone else might like more.

Sure I would also think it to be truly great with a fourth print available too, one that says "Capcom". Would be cool with a shirt that just says Capcom (small top right) and on the back Tube or sideart.

I believe for the printer it's not such a deal to have many prints to choose between, the big cost is to develop them.
BBB #79 has arrived here in Stockholm, Sweden!
BBB94

PostPosted: Thu Jan 19, 2006 3:43 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Robert, Swann - I agree that (most of?) the final ideas need to be less busy. The more I contemplate things the more I like the idea of having the BBB logo on only one side (whether solo or as part of the BG or side art) – in line with your TD/side art & logo/TD suggestions. 1) it is less repetitive, 2) it identifies the art for the uninitiated. I think the backglass would be difficult and perhaps expensive, and maybe the side art done right would be more impressive on a shirt anyways.

I also agree that the worded shirts aren't that compelling. Although I think the Capcom logo or name or the word “pinball” somewhere would help prevent the shirt from being mistaken as memorabilia for the chain of real bars. I just came up with an idea for this and will post it in the shirt front section when the image gets uploaded.

I’ve been working on (what I think are) some pretty good concept images for the side art and Tubedancer that I will post soon. It occurred to me that we can save money on the side art if the red and yellow are replaced with blue and green like the apron logo. Maybe its not worth it to save a dollar or two per shirt, but we can vote on it at some point.
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Big Bang Bar Forum Index -> Polls All times are GMT - 7 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: