Big Bang Bar Forum Index Big Bang Bar
Forum hosted by Robert Winter

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

BBB Merchandise Poll #9 – Side Art Preference

View previous topic :: View next topic  

What is your favorite section of cabinet side art?
Left side centered
29%
 29%  [ 5 ]
Right side centered
17%
 17%  [ 3 ]
Left side back
23%
 23%  [ 4 ]
Right side back
29%
 29%  [ 5 ]
Left side front
0%
 0%  [ 0 ]
Right side front
0%
 0%  [ 0 ]
Total Votes : 17

BBB94

PostPosted: Tue Jan 17, 2006 5:15 pm    Post subject: BBB Merchandise Poll #9 – Side Art Preference Reply with quote

The side art (centered) tied with Tubedancer for preferred shirt back art (5 to 5 as of this posting). I want to see if there is a preference for the left or right side art. Please try to ignore differences in picture quality and perspective between the left and right sides when voting. If you can quantify why you have the preference that you do, please explain. Please also suggest alternate croppings for the side art. If anyone has better source material that I can crop and edit from let me know.

It would probably look better (on a shirt) and be cheaper to print this image if the purple background and maybe black background near the bottom (I think its the bar) is removed from the print. Comments?

Left side centered Right side centered

While I was at it I figured it wouldn’t hurt to toss in the non-centered side art with the thumbnails, just to make sure everyone doesn’t have a change of heart now that they have a picture to look at.

Left side back Right side back
Left side front Right side front

P.S. the Forum software did not let me put the pics up by the voting buttons.
Swann

PostPosted: Wed Jan 18, 2006 1:08 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

You forgot the vote-option, "doesn't really matter for me" Wink

In regards to the pictures, it's really hard to be able to justify a vote, have to see it properly cropped and adjusted for print to be able to choose what I think looks the best.
I did select centered before, but I have to say that it does seem to work with "Right Side Back" too, makes it looks like the bar in perspective and the Bar-sign somewhat behind there, works just as good as centered (+ it shows the waitress better!)

So well since "doesn't really matter for me" isn't there I won't cast my vote, but if it starts leaning towards "___ Side Front", I'd have to cast my vote to the opposite to have it go the right direction.

Else centered as before is fine and it doesn't matter from the left or right.
BBB #79 has arrived here in Stockholm, Sweden!
BBB94

PostPosted: Wed Jan 18, 2006 7:17 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

The reason that I wanted people to pick from the 6 is that I don't want to spend hours doing comprehensive editing on each of the 6 variants. I agree with what Swann said in Poll 5 that it would be nice to not have square edges, which is easily accomplished at the top by erasing the purple, the sides a little harder, but would look fine following character outlines, the bottom, I guess just erase some black. I'd much rather take the prefered section of side art and spend just a few hours on that one, making a higher res image that can be tossed into a "what color shirts look best with this" and then "how many would you buy" polls.

It is interesting that the back side art now leads the centered by 2:1, considering no one voted for it itinially, glad I included it. Can anyone tell me why they now voted for the back, and their preference for left vs. right?

Should I do a favorite character poll, where everyone picks their favorite characters and I crop to include as many as possible? I guess maybe I could just edit out the unneeded purple and black filler form the prefered side and then lasso crop a couple sections and either run the poll again or just add the updated pics to this poll.
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Big Bang Bar Forum Index -> Polls All times are GMT - 7 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: