Big Bang Bar Forum Index Big Bang Bar
Forum hosted by Robert Winter

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

BBB Merchandise Poll #24c - Large Embroidered Items Art

View previous topic :: View next topic  

If you plan to purchase a "jacket" which art do you prefer?
Original
50%
 50%  [ 4 ]
New, shorter version
50%
 50%  [ 4 ]
Total Votes : 8

BBB94

PostPosted: Mon Mar 26, 2007 4:41 pm    Post subject: BBB Merchandise Poll #24c - Large Embroidered Items Art Reply with quote

I've gotten some feedback from people which prompted me to explore some alternate selections for the jackets, heavy shirts (like denim), sweatshirts, etc. This embroidery can also be put on pretty much anything else you want - messenger bag, gym bag, blanket, big patch, etc.

The embroidery setup is already partially done, so I can't make any major changes. I only have 13 hours (until 8 AM Central Tuesday 3/27) to change to the new version if that seems to be preferred. Anyone that is interested in a big embroidered item will need to vote and/or comment quickly if they want to influence the product. Your feedback will help me decide which selection to go with, but it also comes down to Gene's approval.

Original version:

Here is the new shorter modified version:

It may be posisble for this shorter version to be of a slightly larger scale (wider) than the older version, because of the way the machines work.

To whomever voted previously that they would not buy a jacket because they did not like the art, I would be curious to know (publicly or privately) if you like this new version enough to change your mind.

Thanks all - please bear with me - the end of my product polls and the production of more product is near.
jadziedzic

PostPosted: Mon Mar 26, 2007 6:06 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

While I'm very interested in BBB merchandise, I simply can't devote the time to dig through ALL the disparate topics here to determine just WHAT is available. If one doesn't already exist, can you create a SINGLE topic that lists the individual items available? Or, should such a topic exist, could you please point me at it?

Please don't take this the wrong way; I appreciate all the work that goes into making this stuff.

Tony
BBB #39
BBB94

PostPosted: Mon Mar 26, 2007 7:57 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

The only place thread that discusses what is "currently" available is this one:
http://www.robertwinter.com/pinball/bbb/forum/viewtopic.php?t=379

I have not finalized the product mix yet, because I am still waiting for some pricing info and working on art concepts and selections.

The same products that were available at the TX show should be available at the other shows Gene attends this year, but probably with decreasing selection as I reproduce only the most popular items for him to take to the show, to avoid lingering inventories.

When I figure out what all is feasible or worth attempting, I will put together my pre-order information sheet and order form - hopefully in a week or so. I will then take orders for 10-14 days or something and then get the product made and ship it.

My current theory is that I will offer:
* the three embroidery pattern that is on th TX stuff in a wider range of products (3 styles of sport/polo shirt, golf towels, ball caps, patches, and the jackets, and some other stuff I'm getting prices on). The Soft Pique Sport shirt for the show was an expensive shirt the Jersey and the plain pique will be a few bucks less expensive.
* the large embroidery that this poll pertains to on a wide range of products - Jackets, and pretty much anything else made of fairly heavy fabric (sorry no leather, the ebroidery machine would just put a big hole in that).
* two different large screen printed selections and probably the planet logo in two colors, available on regular, longsleeve, pocketed, and sweat shirts.
? A beer mug and a hi-ball glass - based on my poll I don't think the demand is there, as currently we are only at about a third of the demand needed and much of that is the 16 I plan to order for myself.
? Talking keychain - minimum order is 100 so this seems iffy unless people are willing to buy 3 each to make it happen.

People will be able to pick from a wide range of colors on most items, and be able to generally do a small amount of customization (decide what is on the front and/or back), and of course pick their size(s).

I will make sure I have a nice clear thread started when I have some real definative info to report/announce. Again, thanks for the support and patience. My enthusiasm and available time only allow me to get so far in overcoming my lack of experience (and perhaps aptitude) in many aspects of this process. {Hey Robert, what category would you like the product ANNC in?}
robertwinter
Site Admin

PostPosted: Tue Mar 27, 2007 11:23 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

BBB94 wrote:
{Hey Robert, what category would you like the product ANNC in?}

Please put them in the Advertising section.
BBB #74
BBB94

PostPosted: Thu May 17, 2007 9:38 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Update on the big embroidery - jackets...

I had to go with the new version after consulting with the vendor, because based on how the machines work, it would allow for an overall larger piece of embroidery, with fewer stitches required. As it turned out even this art selection has the embroidery machine overwhelmed, which has resulted it a lot of stitch (corner) cutting. I am not confident that this piece will look as cool as the smaller embroidered pieces, because they just can't layer the threads to add texture and use their full bag of tricks.

Bottom line is that once a final stitch out (test piece) is done I will take and post good photos of it and people will have to decide if they are still interested.

Another thing is that I had originally intended to let people pick whatever jackets they wanted. However, what I learned is that the alignment of the stitches is impacted by the thickness of the material, so jacket/item selection for this (if it happens) will be limited.

I think I will have them swamped for the next several weeks if not months, so I don't know when they will be able to get the setup done and test stitched.
BBB94

PostPosted: Sat Dec 08, 2007 11:59 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

After many months of trying the vendor stated that they can not get consistant results on the jackets, so that project won't get completed.
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Big Bang Bar Forum Index -> Polls All times are GMT - 7 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: