Big Bang Bar Forum Index Big Bang Bar
Forum hosted by Robert Winter

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

How much would you pay for the "Interview DVDs"?

View previous topic :: View next topic  

How much would you pay for the "Interview DVDs"?
$25.00
50%
 50%  [ 9 ]
$30.00
27%
 27%  [ 5 ]
$35.00
5%
 5%  [ 1 ]
$40.00
11%
 11%  [ 2 ]
$45.00
0%
 0%  [ 0 ]
$50.00+
5%
 5%  [ 1 ]
Total Votes : 18

awarner

PostPosted: Tue Jul 17, 2007 10:36 am    Post subject: How much would you pay for the "Interview DVDs"? Reply with quote

Hey Everyone,

When I finish the BBB Video, I'm going to release the Interviews in a DVD set. I have decided that instead of going to the Pinball Hall of Fame with the profits, instead I'm going to collect the profits myself and donate them to a certain person, we all care about, who worked on our games, that is now fighting a disease.

So, How much would you pay? My cost to produce these will be $7-$10 depenant on how fancy I get. I suspect it will be 4-5 hours long in total. Editing will be VERY minimal. I want to be able to get this out quickly when the main video is done.

-Al-

PS - I'll prolly charge whatever the result of this poll is. It will not stop you from paying more though (if you want).
Pins and Vids #4 - A New Hoax DVD, Available NOW at www.pinsandvids.com for only $12.00 plus shipping.
RatherPlayPinball

PostPosted: Tue Jul 17, 2007 4:25 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Tough one Al. Don't want to say anything negative because it would be an insult to your effort (which is highly appreciative) or the cause you've picked (and that is very worthy too). But.... I guess I am starting to slow down on "everything BBB". I enjoy the game, glad it worked out, etc. Have the glitter paper (collecting dust), ordered rings. (Might install or just leave it original, I'm leaning towards, if it is work, leave it alone). So when you come along with 4-6 hours of interviews, I'm thinking, no way could I sit through that. (And with international flights, I do have the time.) But seems like it would be brutal to watch. (Note: I do look forward to the condensed version that you're working on.)

So my vote would be, with all due respect, I'm not buying the Interview DVDs, even though it would go to a good cause. I'd rather just see another effort to donate to the worthy cause, with no strings attached.

Or give the option to buy the BBB video with an extra amount kicked in for the effort.

Just some feedback, don't take it wrong.

Jack
awarner

PostPosted: Tue Jul 17, 2007 8:11 pm    Post subject: Respect! Reply with quote

I know what you mean. I'll be glad to move on as well. It's a fun game and it's been quite a journey but journeys have endings. I'll take your advice and maybe we'll have a "contributor" option on the long DVD set sales where you just give the portion that will go to the fund and don't get a disc set. I'll make having your name on the card an option for everyone.

I would switch the regular DVD sales to this as well, but many people outside our circle contributed with the intention of helping the PHOF and Tim has done a great job of distributing the first two.

I respect your opinion and thank you for it!

-Al-

PS - I'll be making these discs up myself. I'm really not planning to sell a whole lot of them. I'm not prepared to sell a whole lot of them.
Pins and Vids #4 - A New Hoax DVD, Available NOW at www.pinsandvids.com for only $12.00 plus shipping.
BBB93

PostPosted: Tue Jul 17, 2007 8:12 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

To each his own I guess... I for one am looking forward to watching both the BBB and the interviews videos. The videos are all about BBB and part of pinball history. I'm sure I will find it very enjoyable.

Thanks for putting this together.
Bob S
BBB#93
awarner

PostPosted: Wed Jul 18, 2007 1:39 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I'll be sure to put chapters on the interview discs so you can get between sections. I think they will be OK if you watch them as single entities. Watching them back to back would be insanity. I have 1 hour of strapping games and loading trucks which sees about 5 minutes in the real video and maybe a few seconds in Chris's. Maybe some more of that will be at the end of the disc.

Pick-up day was the most fun for me. I really enjoyed the edit on that part in the main video but my interviews with Jeff Powell and Bill Pfutzenreuter had a lot of background noise to deal with and I EQed it as best I can. I might put in subtitles - I'll try it on the home system and see how hard it is to hear.

I am going to do a commentary track on the main video. I have a lot of comments!

-Al-

PS - The poll has spoken, the interview discs will be $25.00 - I'll hand number them and post the numbers on the forum with the amout of money paid (no names on the forum). That will keep this all honest!
spida

PostPosted: Wed Jul 18, 2007 3:32 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

LOL! Commentary track? That's awesome! I want to send one for my piece!! LOL!!!!!!!!!!
awarner

PostPosted: Thu Jul 19, 2007 3:16 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Chris,

E-mail sent on the How-to! Look forward to hearing your comments - hehe!!

-Al-
BigBangJoe

PostPosted: Thu Jul 19, 2007 11:59 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

RatherPlayPinball wrote:
I guess I am starting to slow down on "everything BBB".

I'm thinking more about the future. Now there's a bit of a BBB overload, but in 5 or 10 years time, you will have forgotten a lot about the project. I hope this forum will be around for a very long time, or at least the posts will be made available for download once it shuts down (unlike the lost Bearcave forum). BBB is a very nice piece of pinball history, so it's good to have a lot of material to document that. You might not look at the interviews now, but just like wedding video's, it's good to have them to show to your kids or whatever.
robertwinter
Site Admin

PostPosted: Thu Jul 19, 2007 10:38 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

BigBangJoe wrote:
I hope this forum will be around for a very long time, or at least the posts will be made available for download once it shuts down (unlike the lost Bearcave forum).

This forum will never be shut down and shall be available as long as I have a web domain, which should be as long as *I'm* around!
BBB #74
BBB94

PostPosted: Sun Oct 14, 2007 7:48 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Is the uber extras version available yet? Should I just get the "regular" DVD for now and get the extras later?
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Big Bang Bar Forum Index -> Polls All times are GMT - 7 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: