Big Bang Bar Forum Index Big Bang Bar
Forum hosted by Robert Winter

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

BBB Merchandise Poll #1 – The Plan & General Interest
Goto page 1, 2  Next

View previous topic :: View next topic  

Assuming that a lot of really cool BBB merchandise (clothing, headgear, table & bar-ware, etc.) gets made, how much are you likely to spend on the stuff?
1) Nothing, the machine is the only BBB thing I want
4%
 4%  [ 2 ]
2) One or two items (under $50)
7%
 7%  [ 3 ]
3) Enough to wear each day of Expo ($50-100)
24%
 24%  [ 10 ]
4) Enough for people to think I’m obsessed ($100-250)
29%
 29%  [ 12 ]
5) Enough for people to know I’m obsessed ($250-500)
26%
 26%  [ 11 ]
6) Enough to have to start hiding the receipts ($500-1,000)
7%
 7%  [ 3 ]
7) BBB stuff is way cooler than having money! (over $1,000)
0%
 0%  [ 0 ]
Total Votes : 41

BBB94

PostPosted: Wed Jan 04, 2006 8:28 pm    Post subject: BBB Merchandise Poll #1 – The Plan & General Interest Reply with quote

I talked to Gene about BBB merchandising. He asked me to poll the forum to determine the interest in various products and gave me permission to post concept images. Gene asked me to gather the data for him so that as time permits over the next few months he can look into these ideas and make some informed decisions. I am willing to try handling as much as I can at any point of this process to allow Gene and everyone else to focus all the necessary energy on getting the machines to us.

My plan is to post various polls to determine the level of interest in various BBB merchandise. The polls will start out very general and progressively seek more detailed input from everyone. For example, the topic of shirts might start out with “What kind of shirts, if any, would you buy?” The next poll might be what colors and/or designs would you like on the shirt(s)? I will try to include rough price estimates where I can based on internet research, but understand that the actual cost may be much different.

I hope this process will help bring cool BBB merchandise to market for us and create several interesting new threads each week to help liven things up. I have no delusions that these polls will be as cool and interesting as Trivia Tuesdays, but your enthusiasm and participation would be appreciated.

Here are two “concepts” from a suggestion in the old forum (damn I miss access to the old forum). I’m 98% sure the idea was NOT mine and 99% sure these won’t get made, but I hope these peak your interest a little.

So, let’s start here:
latecomer

PostPosted: Wed Jan 04, 2006 9:52 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

How about a Big Bang Bra?

BBB94

PostPosted: Wed Jan 04, 2006 10:00 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

latecomer wrote:

I like it! And I think people will like your teaser art more than mine.

I wasn't gonna mention it, but now I have to. One item I saw in a merchandising catalog that I thought was funny was custom printed matchbook type covers for condoms - so we could have Big Bang (Bar)Condoms too.
mushroom

PostPosted: Wed Jan 04, 2006 11:50 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I clicked between $250 and 500, but that's assuming there will be a neon and hoping it can be shipped *with and inside* the game, otherwise the shipping costs will kill it for the non US buyers.
I'm not really into T-shirts & stuff, cause they wear, I like my stuff mint, and like to keep it mint.
Maybe you can put up a poll (with rough prices and rough teasers from the different items) and start from there ?
Swann

PostPosted: Thu Jan 05, 2006 1:05 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

...and well I clicked $250-500 and that didn't assume a neon sign, would have selected a higher amount if it does

And yes, I liked the bra idea... hmm... would be nice to see one of those Pinball Magic photo-sessions with that kind of apperal. Seriously though, will probably not get that many takers something like that (sadly).

If you do T-shirts, it would be great if you both have dark and light ones, cause some people might tend to dress dark and other lighter and for example a white t-shirt might not be wearable by some (more then maybe at home while working on the machines).
BBB #79 has arrived here in Stockholm, Sweden!
jadziedzic

PostPosted: Thu Jan 05, 2006 6:18 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Unfortunately, a general poll is too broad for useful answers; you really need to focus on specific items.

If you asked me if I'd spend $25-35 for a denim or polo shirt with the BBB logo over the pocket, sure. I think I suggested a purple polo with the BBB logo in green over the pocket in the old forum.

$15-20 for a T-shirt; probably.

A $250 neon sign? Perhaps, I'd have to see the design first.

Keychains, drink coasters, etc.? Probably not, unless they're in the $5 range, and I could include one with an order for something else.

Without specifics any answer I might give is not really meaningful.

Tony
BBB #39
BBB94

PostPosted: Thu Jan 05, 2006 7:24 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

mushroom wrote:
Maybe you can put up a poll (with rough prices and rough teasers from the different items) and start from there ?

That is the plan.

Swann wrote:
If you do T-shirts, it would be great if you both have dark and light ones, cause some people might tend to dress dark and other lighter and for example a white t-shirt might not be wearable by some (more then maybe at home while working on the machines).

Yes, shirt color will be polled. Hopefully if this happens people can pick from several colors and perhaps style for each image selected as the art is what takes all the setup, but each style or color may have certain minimum quantities, etc.

jadziedzic wrote:
Unfortunately, a general poll is too broad for useful answers; you really need to focus on specific items. <<SNIP>> Without specifics any answer I might give is not really meaningful.

Yes, I will work my way to the details. I don't want to overwhelm everyone including myself. I'm still trying to figure out the most efficient way to do this twith in the Poll post framework. My current estimate is that this will take a few dozen polls, but we'll see.

For the purpose of this poll please just assume that Gene (or others with permission) makes every licensed BBB thing that you could hope for. And yes, I think people should include the neon signs or any other licensed item mentioned in case they happen. Future polls will be designed to try and get everyone's ideas posted and considered.

All feedback, including on Poll structure and format are welcome.
BBB93

PostPosted: Thu Jan 05, 2006 7:28 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I too voted in the $250 - 500 range, but that did not include a BBB neon. Things I would be interested in are; t-shirts, polo-type shirt, ball cap, coasters, shot glasses, bar style glass, beer glass, window stickers, maybe an embroideried patch you could sew anywhere..... I would also be interested in a BBB neon if in the $250 - 350 range.

I think your idea about finding out what the average budget might be is fine, then try to tailor the products to the interest. How much i would spend would be driven by the variety and design of available product. I am in the printing business, so if anything falls into the "needs to be printed" area, let me know, I may be able to volunteer some help.

Thanks for the effort

Bob Stemmler #93
jadziedzic

PostPosted: Thu Jan 05, 2006 8:43 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I'd also suggest creating a separate forum section for merchandise. Create one topic for each item that is being proposed.

Tony
BBB #39
bspins

PostPosted: Thu Jan 05, 2006 10:15 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

latecomer wrote:

I'm not sure my wife would allow me to wear it.
Bryan Kelly Former BBB #123
runner1717

PostPosted: Thu Jan 05, 2006 12:28 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

bspins wrote:
I'm not sure my wife would allow me to wear it.

ewwwwwww!!!! Smile Smile
robertwinter
Site Admin

PostPosted: Thu Jan 05, 2006 12:46 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

jadziedzic wrote:
I'd also suggest creating a separate forum section for merchandise. Create one topic for each item that is being proposed.

We (BBB94 and I) have already discussed this. Depending on how these polls progress, a new section may be created for the merchandise and these topics will be moved. Since these are only polls at the moment with no merchandise actually for sale, we felt this was an appropriate place to start.

BTW, I like the tube dancer keychains *inside* the tube. Better protection.
BBB #74
BBB94

PostPosted: Thu Jan 05, 2006 6:18 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

BBB93 wrote:
Things I would be interested in are; t-shirts, polo-type shirt, ball cap, coasters, shot glasses, bar style glass, beer glass, window stickers, maybe an embroideried patch you could sew anywhere. <<SNIP>> I am in the printing business, so if anything falls into the "needs to be printed" area, let me know, I may be able to volunteer some help.

Those will all be on the list for consideration. You could contact Gene and let him know what you can offer, or contact me privately. Whoever might take this on (Gene, myself with a licensing agreement, and/or others) would be looking to get high quality at a good price, so whatever help or advice you can offer, I'm sure would help someone.

robertwinter wrote:
BTW, I like the tube dancer keychains *inside* the tube. Better protection.

It would be quite cool if these could be made at a reasonable price. And a cool option would be to have a way to put a little soap water in the tube for bubbles - just rehearse your "I didn't piss my pants, my keychain broke, REALLY" line.
----
I failed to mention it in my oginal post, but my goal is (as some suggested) to have a poll for each possible product - once I have determine what the preferences are. Those polls would be: How many of this would you buy? The post would probably have a concept image and a ballpark price questimate.

I will try to put together my next poll (maybe a 3 parter) later, which will seek to determine what product categories everyone is most interested in. I think it/they will answer some questions, ease some concerns, and get the creative juices flowing.
Bertl

PostPosted: Mon Jan 09, 2006 6:51 am    Post subject: Another idea... Reply with quote

...would be the tube dancer "lasered" i a real glass tube.

Here is an example:

The procedure is the following:

You need, for example, the tube dancer in original (otherwise it will not be three-dimensional). It will be photographed and after then a special laser burns the photo in a glass cube with 100.000 little pixels.

I got a photo of my family in such a glass cube, looks great! (expecially with the lightstand under it)

Brgds
Norbert
BBB94

PostPosted: Mon Jan 09, 2006 8:34 am    Post subject: Re: Another idea... Reply with quote

Bertl wrote:
...would be the tube dancer "lasered" i a real glass tube.

Cool idea. When I had pondered this, I had only thought of the planet, ring, and name. But I guess that would not be as easy if you need a 3D model to start from. How much did it cost? Either or both would be prettty cool.
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Big Bang Bar Forum Index -> Polls All times are GMT - 7 Hours
Goto page 1, 2  Next
Page 1 of 2

Jump to: