Kingpin Forum Index Kingpin
Forum hosted by Robert Winter

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

Pigs will REALLY be flying!
Goto page Previous  1, 2

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Kingpin Forum Index -> General Kingpin Discussions
View previous topic :: View next topic  
sellenoff

PostPosted: Fri Nov 10, 2006 4:57 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

robertwinter wrote:
awarner wrote:
My real question is with Gene over by $XXX,XXX.00 on BBB, how much will this cost?

I've *heard* that Gene is losing $1K-1.5K per BBB. That said, I'd imagine KP would sell for at LEAST $5500.

It's tough to say, since I would assume the $ Gene is losing/lost for BBB was due to some mistakes and hard lessons learned. In theory, his next game should be far better organized and managed since he's now been through the process and has also found reliable manufacturing companies to work with.

On the other hand, having to repro the capcom boards might add back any cost savings from above, so you could be right or even a little low. I'm not sure the response would be nearly as good for a 6000-7000$ game that's even less well known than BBB. It will be interesting to see what happens.

I do agree with others that Gene has earned respect from RGP and the industry in general with the successful completion of BBB and certainly if priced within reason, Kingpin would get higher volume as a result.

I'd also be curious to see if once the Capcom boards were repro'd if a second run of BBB would happen ala Stern and their industry breaking pattern of rerunning their popular games.
BBB94

PostPosted: Thu Nov 16, 2006 7:35 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

At first glance the art package didn't appeal to me. But, after studying the pics more closely I noticed that there is a good deal of color in the playfield, much of that from inserts and/or lights. I still think it is a bit plain (most games are really plain compared to BBB any ways), but I am more curious and interested in KP now. I don't really care for the grey cabinet and car, but with the playfield being lively if I find the game to be fun I will have to consider this one too.
Lloyd Olson

PostPosted: Thu Nov 16, 2006 10:20 pm    Post subject: KP art package Reply with quote

wait until you see KP's light show. Sweeps up, down, at angles. And in sudden death all clear lights go out and red ones turn on. No GI lighting on a Capcom pin, all feature lights.
LTG Smile
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Kingpin Forum Index -> General Kingpin Discussions All times are GMT
Goto page Previous  1, 2
Page 2 of 2

Jump to: