Kingpin Forum Index Kingpin
Forum hosted by Robert Winter

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

Gene announces price of $7000 for Kingpin - Are you in?
Goto page 1, 2  Next

View previous topic :: View next topic  

Will you be buying a Kingpin at the announced price?
Yes
56%
 56%  [ 17 ]
No
43%
 43%  [ 13 ]
Total Votes : 30

robertwinter
Site Admin

PostPosted: Wed Mar 07, 2007 2:52 am    Post subject: Gene announces price of $7000 for Kingpin - Are you in? Reply with quote

On the 3/6/07 TOPcast, Gene announced a $7000 price tag for KP. If you're a BBB buyer, it's $6500 if you order within two weeks of the notices being sent out.

Are you in, or out?
Latecomer

PostPosted: Wed Mar 07, 2007 3:00 am    Post subject: Re: Gene announces price of $7000 for Kingpin - Are you in? Reply with quote

robertwinter wrote:
On the 3/6/07 TOPcast, Gene announced a $7000 price tag for KP. If you're a BBB buyer, it's $6500 if you order within two weeks of the notices being sent out.

Are you in, or out?

Yes, it's expensive but it's special! I'm in!
jadziedzic

PostPosted: Wed Mar 07, 2007 4:11 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Maybe. It will depend on the payment schedule (i.e., all up front, xx% deposit, n equal installments) and completion dates. I'll have to spend some more time checking out the game on IPDB, too.

Tony
awarner

PostPosted: Wed Mar 07, 2007 5:54 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

The truth of the matter is, unless it's a vehicle, I can't afford anything that costs $7K. I would love to be able to buy one, but It just probably won't happen. And now with NOT winning the big lottery last night, well, my plans are crushed...
Former BBB #95
Pins and Vids #4, A New Hoax DVD, Available NOW at www.pinsandvids.com for only $12.00 plus shipping.
sellenoff

PostPosted: Wed Mar 07, 2007 6:23 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

If I had the cash, I'd buy it in a heartbeat. I love the theme, I love the music, and the dmd & artwork are great. My only real hesitation if I did have to cash is that the game is not as complete as BBB, and feels slightly unfinished.

Unfortunately, I don't have the $, so I'll have to miss out on this great chance.

-Steve
Latecomer

PostPosted: Wed Mar 07, 2007 8:56 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Over the lat six months I've put in a few games on pinmame. I decided that I liked KP almost as much as BBB, and more than a lot of other machines. Sure, pinmame doesn't give you a proper feel for the dynamics, but it does give a perfect rendition of the theme and execution, and I love it. Not sure why the software is thought to be incomplete - but I'll defer to those that know more. All I know is that with ***lots*** of ball buy ins I could get this to the wizard mode, and really enjoyed it.
sellenoff

PostPosted: Wed Mar 07, 2007 10:15 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Latecomer wrote:
Over the lat six months I've put in a few games on pinmame. I decided that I liked KP almost as much as BBB, and more than a lot of other machines. Sure, pinmame doesn't give you a proper feel for the dynamics, but it does give a perfect rendition of the theme and execution, and I love it. Not sure why the software is thought to be incomplete - but I'll defer to those that know more. All I know is that with ***lots*** of ball buy ins I could get this to the wizard mode, and really enjoyed it.

If you enjoyed the pinmame version you'll like the real game far more! I don't really like the pinmame version since I played the real thing, and know the difference, and it's definitely not as good. Some pinmame conversions are spot on, but this is not the case here.

The timed flipper strength feature which cannot be properly emulated in pinmame at this time is integral to the enjoyment of the game, and makes gameplay really cool and exciting (albeit also frustrating).

I say it's unfinihsed in that I found a lot of bugs while playing Lloyd's game (or at least things that seemed like bugs) as well as certain areas of the game having seemingly unfinished or drab looking dmd display and or/lack of sound effect/music.

I also did buy-ins all the way to the end of the game on the real machine, which is where I came up with the bug sightings (near the end of the game), but then again, my memory isn't too clear about the specifics from 3 years ago.

-Steve
Tim Rudland

PostPosted: Thu Mar 08, 2007 3:32 am    Post subject: Too much for me- Reply with quote

I would love a kingpin, but $6500.00 is too much, after adding taxes and shipping, I could buy two stern machines, I know theres a lot more work involved and I hope Gene can make a go of it, but I just cannot justify spending that much money on one pinball machine Sad
Mike Hogue

PostPosted: Fri Mar 09, 2007 3:08 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I voted no.... then I had a day to change my mind.

I really can't afford it, but if I can put half down and the rest at a later date, then I think I could swing this. If it means selling another pin, I guess I'm ready to go for it.

The chance to own Kingpin #70 to match my BBB# 70 is too great of an opportunity!

I'm in!!!! Laughing

Mike
Bertl

PostPosted: Fri Mar 09, 2007 10:18 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I would take one, but i don't think that there will be enough buyers (200 or more) for it.

BBB was something like "the holy gral of pinball".

Unfortunately, KingPin (from my personal opinion the better machine) is not that popular.

Better idea would be another run of BBB (as long as the hype goes on), who has much more fans, besides a smaller run of KP.

The BBB's, where everything is known how to make it, could cover a part of the KP costs, especially the board set production.

And i would also try to get somebody of the software team (Pfutz??) to complete the software, which seems to me to be unfinished a little bit.

Just my USD 0,02.

Brgds
Bertl
Kerry Richard

PostPosted: Sat Mar 10, 2007 10:13 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I would really like to buy in on KP.

But, I'm on the fence at $6,800 ($6,500 plus $300 or so for shipping).

I think it will also depend on how Gene will want the $$$.

IF all $$$ now; I won't be able to pull that off.

Kerry #111
Swann

PostPosted: Mon Mar 12, 2007 9:19 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I will surely buy one, won't be any problem with the bank, eventhough it surely will leave an empty space there (soon to be filled with a KingPin). Actually think it's a really fair price-tag on a title where you only make 200 pieces, low-production does cost.
BBB94

PostPosted: Wed Mar 14, 2007 2:49 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I'm a definate maybe. I would want to see one in person and play a few games before deciding.
SpecialWhenLit

PostPosted: Mon Mar 26, 2007 4:15 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

The money isn't really the problem. It's the three(+) year wait that kills it for me. Never again.

Evan K.
BigBangJoe

PostPosted: Fri Apr 06, 2007 11:11 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

SpecialWhenLit wrote:
The money isn't really the problem. It's the three(+) year wait that kills it for me. Never again.

Evan K.

Wait till you get your BBB, you will have to admit that it was worth the wait! Cool
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Kingpin Forum Index -> Polls All times are GMT
Goto page 1, 2  Next
Page 1 of 2

Jump to: