Silicon Silicon Gaming Odyssey Slot Machine
The Site for Owners and Enthusiasts

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

Robert Winter introduction

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Silicon Gaming Odyssey Slot Machine Forum Index -> Member Introductions
View previous topic :: View next topic  
robertwinter
Site Admin

PostPosted: Fri Aug 26, 2005 3:53 pm    Post subject: Robert Winter introduction Reply with quote

My name is Robert Winter and I am the administrator of this forum and host to the only Odyssey site on the Internet! If you've found this forum, you're obviously an enthusiast of the game as well.

I was first introduced to the Odyssey platform on a trip to Las Vegas in the mid to late 90s. I remember being fascinated by the quality of the graphics and immediately became hooked on Top Hat 21.

Fast forward a few years to 2002. I was fortunate enough to buy a complete working machine on Ebay and in a few weeks it was in my home. I'm a computer professional so delving into the inner workings of the machine became a hobby. I started learning more about the machine and meeting other owners. It was through my network of owners that I was able to amass the entire game library for my machine. I also began making hard drives for other owners and slot dealers.

In my quest for information about the machine, I had found little information available on the Net. So I decided to do something about it. I started the first and only web site devoted to the Odyssey platform.

It is now late 2005 and I currently have two machines - one white and one black. Both machines were completely stripped, re-powdercoated, and all metal was polished. My black machine was originally all white and I replaced all the formica with a new gloss black formica. Quite an undertaking.

I've collected quite a few spare parts for my machines and have some available for sale. If you're looking for something specific let me know. I may have it or know where to find it.

Please tell us a little about yourself and if you have a machine or are a dealer (I get LOTS of people emailing me about where to buy one).

Oh, and here is a picture of my games -

TTTony

PostPosted: Fri Aug 26, 2005 5:33 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Robert,
Your machines look awesome. I'm curious...where did you compile all the rare screen shots from in the Games section of the website?
robertwinter
Site Admin

PostPosted: Fri Aug 26, 2005 6:41 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

The screens shots that have the RobertWinter.com watermark were obtained from an ex-SGIC employee and are from original art files. All the other game pictures I shot on my own machine.
ody-man

PostPosted: Sat Aug 27, 2005 9:41 am    Post subject: T Shirts Reply with quote

You ever think about some Odyssey T-Shirts ? Or maybe for some of the more popular games? Razz
robertwinter
Site Admin

PostPosted: Sat Aug 27, 2005 5:10 pm    Post subject: Re: T Shirts Reply with quote

ody-man wrote:
You ever think about some Odyssey T-Shirts ? Or maybe for some of the more popular games? Razz

That's a possibility. I'd love to do some cool embroidered shirts, but I'd probably need to sell 50 or so just to break even.

If this forum turns out to be wildly popular with enough people interested in buying shirts, maybe someday it could happen.
TTTony

PostPosted: Sat Aug 27, 2005 5:13 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

put me down for two Wink
kb5zcr

PostPosted: Tue May 16, 2006 8:05 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

If you ever do go forward with the shirts. Send me an email. Me and my wife really liked the odyssey machines and would be interested in a shirt.

Thanks, Tim

ps. Nice site.
Marc

PostPosted: Wed May 17, 2006 5:45 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I was just thinking about this some more myself when I was playing my machine. I had talked with Robert a few months back about trying to embroider a design since I have the digitizing software and an embroidery machine.

The Odyssey logo that we see in the upper left-hand corner was one that I looked at, but the colors are a bit too complex for me to embroider well.

I could do just the "Odyssey" name in white with a purple glow.

I could also do that Silicon Gaming logo that shows up briefly when the machine boots, although that's far less recognizable as an Odyssey logo.

I might even be able to do an rendition of the Odyssey machine with the "Odyssey" name in the belly area. I just tried playing with that and it didn't look dreadful.
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Silicon Gaming Odyssey Slot Machine Forum Index -> Member Introductions All times are GMT
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: