Silicon Silicon Gaming Odyssey Slot Machine
The Site for Owners and Enthusiasts

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

Help Machine says DOOR OPEN: Bill Door

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Silicon Gaming Odyssey Slot Machine Forum Index -> Tech Help
View previous topic :: View next topic  
ody-newbie

PostPosted: Thu Jun 01, 2006 3:44 am    Post subject: Help Machine says DOOR OPEN: Bill Door Reply with quote

Hi there, I hope that someone can help me with an Oddessey Machine problem. Sad Sad Sad

It was working, but now it is not, and I have tried alot of things in looking over the manual and schematics that I was happy to find on this great site!!! Very Happy Very Happy Very Happy I have not been able to figure it out. I have already tried doing a full ram clear on the machine, but the problem was still there after reseting properly! The machine is now basically waiting for the error to be cleared to allow the tochscreen to work, and games to be played!

There is not a mention of a bill door in the manual, but I have found several references in the schematics. Has anyone had this problem before?

I have checked as many switches as I could, and they seem to all work properly. The Belly door and currency door switches all work as they should, as does the switch for currency cartridge removed. Behind the currency cartridge are two microswitches that are referred to as currency cartridge microswitches, the one on the left looking in has green and grey wires and toggles the currency cartridge notification. The other one on the right does not seem to effect anything?? It has whie and yellow wires... from the schematics I see that these most likely (guessing only from wire colors and descriptions in appendix D-10) are for endpoint connector P35 which goes to Harness connector P37, which I cannot find the location of???

Second question since I am posting a SOS message!

Also the monitor is starting to get whiter and blurier as it warms up more... When it first turns on it is OK, but it gets progressively worse during bootup, and then it gets painfully bad at game play and after time being on. Is it safe to assume that the monitor may need re-capping??? Or can it be something else?

Can anyone lend a hand here????

Thanks in advance for any responses! Smile Smile Smile
robertwinter
Site Admin

PostPosted: Thu Jun 01, 2006 5:31 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

The bill door is the door on the right that houses the coin entry plate, credit display and covers the bill acceptor. It's usually referred to as the currency column door.

When you open the currency column door, there is a large white switch inside just above the bill acceptor. There should be a bracket on the inside of the currency column door that closes this switch when you close the door. I have seen this bracket missing on many machines. If this is the case, just pull on the center post of the switch until it clicks. This is a service position that closes the switch.

If this solves the problem and you are indeed missing the bracket, you'll need to push the post back in when you open the door in the future so the system knows the door is open. Otherwise when you're in MMS, you won't be able to access Diagnostics, etc. Pull it out when you're ready to exit MMS and play.

As for the monitor issue, some were notorious for overheating and fans were installed at the bottom of the monitor chassis to help cool it. Does your monitor have this and if so, is it working? If not, recapping it *may* help.
ody-newbie

PostPosted: Thu Jun 01, 2006 5:54 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Robert,

I wish it was that easy...... The currency column door does have the switch and it works properly and I do know and use the service position trick. When I toggle the switch the Door Open display will toggle "currency column door" properly as it should. The problem is that the machine will stop as a hard error and will display Door Open: "BILL DOOR." I am truly perplexed. The belly door and currency cartridge indications work as expected also! I can get into MMS, but it will not clear and release the machine for play!!! I have done a full ram clear, and even looked into schematics, checked with a meter, jumpered switches, wire harnesses, etc!

I will have to check the monitor fan... good tip! The monitor also has very thin, but noticeable vertical lines about an inch apart across the entire machine... has anyone seen this before?

Can anyone help here with the BILL DOOR issue now that I have confirmed it is not the Currency column door? I do not think these machines have "BILL DOORS."
robertwinter
Site Admin

PostPosted: Fri Jun 02, 2006 1:38 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Well, I'd never heard of the Bill Door before so after doing some digging throught the schematics, I found your problem and was able to recreate it on my machine.

Open the currency column door and remove the cash can. Under where the cash can was you should see a harness of two wires, one green and the other grey. They should have female spade connectors on them. This is the Bill Door harness. These two connectors should be connected to each other. On my machine there is a small pin inserted to facilitate the female-to-female connection.

After looking at the schematics there are a number of switches that are normally not utilized such as the Bill Door, Coin Drop door, etc..
ody-newbie

PostPosted: Fri Jun 02, 2006 6:34 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Robert,

Thank you for confirming what I found in the schematics. I thought that I was crazy, but you being able to recreate the problem made me feel sane again. I originally could not find the green and grey wires that you mentioned, and from my views of the scematics they should have been somewhere as I saw them at the P1 connector on the GPIO board! I removed the entire bill validator, and the mounting bracket that holds it which opened a larger area for me to look around. I finally found the wires... they were tied up BEHIND the Logic box that holds the computer portion of the machine!!!! They had come apart, probably over time! Thinking back I may have jostled them when I slid the hopper assembly back into the machine, which then would have hit the logic box, which then must have been the last bit of vibration needed to loosen the shoddy connection. The little metal rod that they shoved into the insulation next to the female connector is not a proper way to connect two female connectors!!! The least they could have done is taped the connection together as well. I made a proper adapter to connect the two female connectors together, and the message disappeared. Now the machine will get a cleaning and be put back together.

Thanks for confirming my thoughts!

As for the monitor there is a fan that is running back there, so I will have to troubleshoot it!
robertwinter
Site Admin

PostPosted: Fri Jun 02, 2006 9:32 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

ody-newbie wrote:
The little metal rod that they shoved into the insulation next to the female connector is not a proper way to connect two female connectors!!! The least they could have done is taped the connection together as well. I made a proper adapter to connect the two female connectors together, and the message disappeared. Now the machine will get a cleaning and be put back together.

As for the monitor there is a fan that is running back there, so I will have to troubleshoot it!

I agree, there are certain design issues with the machine that should have been executed better. I'm glad we were able to figure it out and get your game running again. We both learned something!

Since the fan is running, I would suspect either a cold solder joint or a component failure that's heat related on the monitor boards.
keith

PostPosted: Fri Jul 07, 2006 6:04 am    Post subject: try a new set of monitor boards from LA Slots (ask for betto Reply with quote

Hi, I have had to replace my monitor and have replaced monitor boards as well. LA Slots (betto) can sell you a set of refurbished monitor boards with replaced caps and a new flyback transformer. This may solve your problem, and you can have your original monitor boards refurbished and keep them as a hot spare set for the future.

PS: The vertical lines on your screen sound like a flyback transformer adjustment or replacement on the monitor boards.

Good luck, keith.
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Silicon Gaming Odyssey Slot Machine Forum Index -> Tech Help All times are GMT
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: