Silicon Silicon Gaming Odyssey Slot Machine
The Site for Owners and Enthusiasts

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

Compatible Mars bill acceptors

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Silicon Gaming Odyssey Slot Machine Forum Index -> Tech Help
View previous topic :: View next topic  
robertwinter
Site Admin

PostPosted: Wed Sep 07, 2005 7:32 pm    Post subject: Compatible Mars bill acceptors Reply with quote

Many people have asked what bill acceptors will work on an Odyssey. I know the Mars ZT1101US/CA is the preferred unit, but a ZT1000 should also work in a pinch.

As per the Mars website -

"What are the differences among model's?

* ZT1101 U.S. bill acceptor interfaces with Silicon Gaming machines. It uses MEI's BDS Interface and accepts U.S. currency.

* ZT1101 CA bill acceptor interfaces with Silicon Gaming machines. It uses MEI'S BDS Interface and accepts Canadian currency.

* ZT1102 U.S. bill acceptor interfaces with IGT's Pulse machines. It uses the IGT IDO22 and IDO23 interfaces and accepts U.S. currency.

* ZT1102 USN bill acceptor interfaces with IGT's Netplex (80960) machines. It uses the IGT IDO24 interface and accepts U.S. currency.

* ZT1103 U.S. bill acceptor interfaces with various machines. It uses MEI's BDS Interface and accepts U.S. currency.

* ZT1103 AU bill acceptor interfaces with various machines. It uses MEI'S BDS Interface and accepts Australian currency.

* ZT1104 U.S. bill acceptor interfaces with Sigma Game machines. It uses MEI'S BDS Interface and accepts U.S. currency.

* ZT1105 U.S. bill acceptor interfaces with Bally Gaming machines. It uses MEI'S BDS Interface and accepts U.S. currency.

* ZT1107 AU bill acceptor interfaces with Aristocrat machines. It uses MEI'S BDS Interface and accepts Australian currency.

* ZT1101 U.S., ZT1103 U.S., ZT1104 U.S. and ZT1105 U.S. use the same MEI Bi Directional Interface Protocol. Minor differences exist among the models that mostly pertain to bezel styles and terminating connectors.

* ZT 1201 67MM bill acceptor interfaces with Silicon Gaming machines. It uses MEI Open Collector BDS Interface and is designed to accept 67mm width class currency.

* ZT 1202 67MM bill acceptor interfaces with IGT machines. It uses MEI Open Collector BDS Interface and is designed to accept 67mm width class currency.

* ZT 1204 67MM bill acceptor interfaces with various machines. It uses MEI Open Collector BDS Interface and is designed to accept 67mm width class currency.

* ZT 1207 67MM bill acceptor interfaces with various machines. It uses MEI NISR, MEI Open Collector BDS and MEI RS-232 BDS Interfaces and is designed to accept 67 mm width class currency."
wardthomas

PostPosted: Wed Aug 08, 2007 2:46 am    Post subject: Bill Validator Reply with quote

After reading the BV manual at gamingstuff.com/support/MEI/ZT_Technical_Manual.pdf
I find it hard to believe that someone couldn't make a new interface to accept new money in the Odyssey.
robertwinter
Site Admin

PostPosted: Wed Aug 08, 2007 4:36 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Of course someone *could* do it, but it's a matter of dollars and cents. Since the BVs are Odyssey specific and the Odyssey is, for all intents and purposes, an obsolete product, it makes no sense for someone to invest time and money to update the interface.
cramcram

PostPosted: Thu Aug 09, 2007 4:34 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I've thought about capturing the protocol between the validator and the host just in case I did need to replace the mechanism someday. It would also be easy to add a button to add fake credits this way.

However, my far bigger worry is the monitor/touch screen combination. Those two items are going to be very hard to replace. In fact, it would be better to use an LCD panel as a replacement if the touch screen interface could be translated to a new display.
robertwinter
Site Admin

PostPosted: Thu Aug 09, 2007 4:43 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

cramcram wrote:
However, my far bigger worry is the monitor/touch screen combination. Those two items are going to be very hard to replace. In fact, it would be better to use an LCD panel as a replacement if the touch screen interface could be translated to a new display.

This is exactly the reason I bought a NOS tube and touch panel when I had the chance.

I would think a touch panel of any size would easily adapt to the interface as most panels are probably wired in a similar manner. As for the LCD display, I'd *love* to see that become a reality as long as it was a similar size to the existing display and still fit within the cabinet.
cramcram

PostPosted: Thu Aug 09, 2007 5:47 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I noticed in Vegas last week that the Atronic slots (Deal or No Deal, etc.) seemed to be the same aspect ratio and size. Maybe when I go back out there I'll take along a measuring tape.

I'd be surprised if all touch screen interfaces were identical. I couldn't find any docs on the one used in the Odyssey, however, I'm sure I could decipher it fairly quickly once I hook up a logic analyzer.
robertwinter
Site Admin

PostPosted: Thu Aug 09, 2007 1:45 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

cramcram wrote:
I'd be surprised if all touch screen interfaces were identical. I couldn't find any docs on the one used in the Odyssey, however, I'm sure I could decipher it fairly quickly once I hook up a logic analyzer.

I didn't say the "interfaces" were identical. I was referring to the panels themselves.
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Silicon Gaming Odyssey Slot Machine Forum Index -> Tech Help All times are GMT
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: