Silicon Silicon Gaming Odyssey Slot Machine
The Site for Owners and Enthusiasts

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

Hard Drive Questions

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Silicon Gaming Odyssey Slot Machine Forum Index -> Tech Help
View previous topic :: View next topic  
RVSWaco

PostPosted: Tue Jan 09, 2007 4:06 pm    Post subject: Hard Drive Questions Reply with quote

Hey, everyone, I'm new here, but I have a working Odyssey machine and about 20 other machines in various stages of disrepair. I was able to get the one machine working in large part by reading the info on this site. Thanks for putting this together!

As I said, I have a lot of parts for these machines, but most are either beyond repair or need major work to be useable. The first thing I want to do is repair some hard drives that appear to have some games that I'd like to have on them. Some will no doubt be physically damaged and unable to be salvaged, but I want to see if there is any salvagable data.

I'm putting together a Linux system to put the drives into and read them, I just don't really know what I'll be looking for. Does someone have a breakdown of the file structure for these machines? Is it a FAT system? What types of files are there?

Any help would be greatly appreciated. By the way, the working drive I have is a 6 game drive with PB, TH21, DD, BanannaRama, SB Express, and BG. The drives I'm looking at repairing have other games I'd like to be able to check out.

Thanks...Tom
wardthomas

PostPosted: Sun Nov 04, 2007 4:51 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Did you get your answers to check out your drives?
Are you willing to sell any parts?
I am looking for a set of locks, the belly door and the currency door.
betto

PostPosted: Fri Jan 04, 2008 12:12 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Wardthomas,

If you are still looking for locks let me know I also have the matching cams to go with them.
wardthomas

PostPosted: Fri Jan 04, 2008 12:15 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Yes I have one machine that does not have the belly door and currency door locks. It also needs the bar that is attached to the currency door lock. Are you parting out a machine? Where are you located?
betto

PostPosted: Fri Jan 04, 2008 4:39 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

We just recently moved from El Segundo to Redondo Beach, Ca. I work for L.A. Slots one of the distributors that was able to purchase a lot of the surplus parts from IGT right before they decided to close down shop.
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Silicon Gaming Odyssey Slot Machine Forum Index -> Tech Help All times are GMT
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: