Silicon Silicon Gaming Odyssey Slot Machine
The Site for Owners and Enthusiasts

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

Touch Screen Issues

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Silicon Gaming Odyssey Slot Machine Forum Index -> Tech Help
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Chris

PostPosted: Tue Aug 30, 2005 1:42 am    Post subject: Touch Screen Issues Reply with quote

Has anyone encountered problems with the touch screen intermitently not working? There are times when the touch screen does not react to touch at all. I am unable to calibrate the screen by touching the arrows in the corners and need to manually advance to the cross hairs. I have changed the touch screen controller twice and don't think that is the problem.
robertwinter
Site Admin

PostPosted: Tue Aug 30, 2005 3:59 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I have actually seen this problem quite a bit but I don't know a permanent fix for it. It's happened on a couple machines locally including one of mine a few times, then they'll work fine for months.

One thing I have noticed is if the touch screen stops responding is to open the metal door around the monitor. The touchscreen will usually work with that open. Close it, and it stops working. Not a fix by any means, but you can verify the parts are still OK.

You can verify if the touch controller itself is working by viewing the green LED on it - it gets slightly brighter when you touch the touchscreen. You should be able to see the LED with the currency column door open and looking between the monitor and the cash can.

I have a feeling it's a grounding issue although this is just a theory. The touchscreen is capacitive IIRC, so any type of radio interference could be affecting it. I've tried re-taping the touchscreen to the glass and re-applying new gasket around the monitor frame, neither with any success.

If anyone knows a fix for this, I'd love to hear about it. This problem can be really frustrating.
keith

PostPosted: Fri Sep 09, 2005 5:27 am    Post subject: Re: Touch Screen Issues Reply with quote

Chris wrote:
Has anyone encountered problems with the touch screen intermitently not working? There are times when the touch screen does not react to touch at all. I am unable to calibrate the screen by touching the arrows in the corners and need to manually advance to the cross hairs. I have changed the touch screen controller twice and don't think that is the problem.

Chris, I recently have experienced the touch screen not working reliably on the top half of the touch screen, but the bottom half works fine all the time. i just had to transfer the touch screen to a new CRT and wonder whether the glass is too close to the CRT glass behind it. I think it is supposed to be slightly off the CRT glass by using weather stripping type spacers. Just a thought. Keith.
wardthomas

PostPosted: Tue Nov 06, 2007 4:11 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I am having the same problem with mine. I can't get the calibrate screen to work. My controller brightens the LED when I touch the screen but I can get the calibrate to work, it just sits there with the arrow in the lower left corner. I see the green spots on the screen when I touch it but they don't have any constistancy. Anybody have any ideas?
Thanks
Ward Sad
cairndhu1

PostPosted: Sat Jan 12, 2008 4:41 pm    Post subject: Touchscreen Issues Continued Reply with quote

After, over six years, my touchscreen, which was working well in Top Hat, just simply quit when I went back to the Game Menu. I followed Robert's advice below and, much to my pleasant surprise, my touchscreen works again (though I have not yet closed the monitor case). Does anyone know (worst case) what I would have to replace and where to get the parts if Robert's quickie fix stops working?
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Silicon Gaming Odyssey Slot Machine Forum Index -> Tech Help All times are GMT
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: