Silicon Silicon Gaming Odyssey Slot Machine
The Site for Owners and Enthusiasts

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

Bill Validator Failure

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Silicon Gaming Odyssey Slot Machine Forum Index -> Tech Help
View previous topic :: View next topic  
cairndhu1

PostPosted: Sat Jun 14, 2008 6:26 pm    Post subject: Bill Validator Failure Reply with quote

Some time ago the green LEDs on one of my bill validators stopped working and just recently the validator itself stopped working. I have three bill validators. They all work in my King Putt machine; none of them work in my first (manufactured early 1998) machine purchased in Vegas years ago.

I have this sinking feeling I may need to replace my GPIO subsystem. What do you folks think? Any help will be appreciated.

BTW: I have a spare GPIO available. If the old GPIO subsystem is bad, is there anyway to get it fixed or should I just trash it? If I have to trash it, do you know where I can buy a spare?
odysseyfan

PostPosted: Sun Jun 15, 2008 2:59 am    Post subject: Older Odyssey Machines Reply with quote

You may need to upgrade your motherboard to a Tucson to be able to use the bill validators that work on the newer machines. The older THOR boards do not seem to work with the newer BIOS like 076.
cairndhu1

PostPosted: Sun Jun 15, 2008 9:37 pm    Post subject: Validator Failure Due to Dead GPIO I Reply with quote

Robert suggested I replace the GPIO I Box with my spare. I did and now everything works again. If anybody has a spare GPIO I Box they would like to sell, please let me know. Thanks, Jim
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Silicon Gaming Odyssey Slot Machine Forum Index -> Tech Help All times are GMT
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: