Silicon Silicon Gaming Odyssey Slot Machine
The Site for Owners and Enthusiasts

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

Battery on the Mother Board

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Silicon Gaming Odyssey Slot Machine Forum Index -> Tech Help
View previous topic :: View next topic  
ody-man

PostPosted: Mon Jul 24, 2006 7:34 pm    Post subject: Battery on the Mother Board Reply with quote

How long does the waffer battery that is on the mother board good for? I think it is a 2032 battery. How do you go about changing it? Would I loose any memory if I changed it?
robertwinter
Site Admin

PostPosted: Mon Jul 24, 2006 11:49 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

They're probably good for about 5-7 years. They're very simple to replace. Just pop out the old one and insert the new one, with the power OFF of course. Make sure you insert the new battery in the same orientation as the old one.

You won't lose any settings since those are stored in the non-volatile SRAM of the peripheral memory card. The mothrboard BIOS settings are the default values.
cairndhu1

PostPosted: Wed Feb 15, 2012 7:56 pm    Post subject: Battery Replacement Reply with quote

As Robert said, it's just a matter of popping the old battery out and popping the new battery in. Removing the battery is easy. Inserting the new one required some initiative as it kept slipping from my fingers. After trying without success for 15 minutes, I took a couple inches of scotch tape folded over onto itself forming a ring which I pressed against the back of the battery. That way I could just aim my finger at the slot and push the battery home.
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Silicon Gaming Odyssey Slot Machine Forum Index -> Tech Help All times are GMT
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: