Silicon Silicon Gaming Odyssey Slot Machine
The Site for Owners and Enthusiasts

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

Fixing Hopper Jam

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Silicon Gaming Odyssey Slot Machine Forum Index -> Tech Help
View previous topic :: View next topic  
gregvinci

PostPosted: Tue Sep 04, 2012 9:04 pm    Post subject: Fixing Hopper Jam Reply with quote

We accidentally got a "Hopper Jam" error message after there was a jackpot payout. How do we fix this and prevent it from happening in the future?

Thanks,

Greg
odysseyfan

PostPosted: Wed Sep 19, 2012 2:48 am    Post subject: Hopper Jam Reply with quote

Sorry I found this so late. Check to see if a coin of any other denomination was in the hopper or a screw or any foreign object. Look for bent coins. Make sure the path is clear all the way through the top of the hopper where the sensors are. Get Roberts documentation and reset the sensors making sure the screws and nuts have a coat of Locktite on them once adjusted and tightened then lube the hopper. I was able to convert a 5 cent hopper to a 25 cent just by making adjustments to the sensor on the hopper. (after spending $25 on a 25 cent conversion kit, still in the package).

Did the problem resolve itself?

Odysseyfan
gregvinci

PostPosted: Fri Sep 28, 2012 1:48 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Thanks for the reply. I'm a technician working on this machine for a client. I'd like to disable the coin mechanism completely and convert this machine to "play for fun" if possible. We are currently using an old $5 bill to make credits and ran into a problem when a player hit the jackpot. I'd like to raise the jackpot very high or make it very unlikely so the owner can demo the machine for a while because he's selling it. I don't want to work on the hopper. When the machine is sold it will become some other technician's problem. Is there any way to reset the jackpot without going through a safe clear and the dip switches, etc?
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Silicon Gaming Odyssey Slot Machine Forum Index -> Tech Help All times are GMT
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: