Silicon Silicon Gaming Odyssey Slot Machine
The Site for Owners and Enthusiasts

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

New Member/Former SGIC Employee

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Silicon Gaming Odyssey Slot Machine Forum Index -> Member Introductions
View previous topic :: View next topic  
ChuckBerg

PostPosted: Wed Oct 19, 2005 3:29 am    Post subject: New Member/Former SGIC Employee Reply with quote

Hello,

As a former employee at Silicon Gaming, I am pleased to see the enthusiasm expressed by this group for the work we did. It's great to see that people still care for the machine that pioneered many concepts that are commonplace today, and introduced technology not found anywhere else.

Although technically I'm not an Odyssey owner, I do have one of the engineering development machines - which is basically the guts of an Odyssey in a cheap plexi-glass case. Unfortunately, the monitor died on me recently so I haven't had it fired up for awhile.

I still live in Silicon Valley, and work for another technology company just a few miles away from where Silicon Gaming used to be. I also have a second home in Las Vegas where I'm able to search out surviving machines.

Thanks Robert for starting this website, and this group.
TTTony

PostPosted: Wed Oct 19, 2005 3:39 am    Post subject: Welcome Reply with quote

Welcome Chuck. What exactly did you do at SGI?
ChuckBerg

PostPosted: Wed Oct 19, 2005 6:35 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I was the VP Engineering from August 1999 until we sold the company to IGT in 2001.
wardthomas

PostPosted: Sat Sep 29, 2007 1:50 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Chuck do you know of any flat screen monitors that could be made to fit and work with an Odyssey?
ChuckBerg

PostPosted: Sat Sep 29, 2007 6:32 pm    Post subject: flat screen monitors Reply with quote

I don't know of any specific models that would work, but the issues are:

1. Getting it to fit mechanically. Since a flat panel of the same display size is much smaller than a CRT, if you're capable of making custom mounting brackets and bezels you shouldn't have any problems.

2. Moving the touch screen. There might be some issues with this, because the touch screen is designed to fit a curved monitor surface.

3. Electrical interface. No problems here - any monitor capable of 856x480 will work just fine. We did it all the time. In fact I gave a presentation once where I connected my machine to a video projector and had a 8 foot tall odyssey display! It was neat!

I hope this helps.

Chuck
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Silicon Gaming Odyssey Slot Machine Forum Index -> Member Introductions All times are GMT
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: