Silicon Silicon Gaming Odyssey Slot Machine
The Site for Owners and Enthusiasts

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

Monitor went dark this AM, rebooted and fine, cause?

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Silicon Gaming Odyssey Slot Machine Forum Index -> Tech Help
View previous topic :: View next topic  
keith

PostPosted: Sat Jan 21, 2006 5:45 pm    Post subject: Monitor went dark this AM, rebooted and fine, cause? Reply with quote

has anyone ever experienced the monitor going dark with power on and rebooting the machine corrected the problem. Could it be a possiblie glitch with the monitor boards? the video card? Please advise, thank you, Keith.
robertwinter
Site Admin

PostPosted: Sat Jan 21, 2006 9:31 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Could you tell if the game was still operating? Would it accept coins, etc?

If the game was still running then I would suspect a monitor board problem/glitch. I've seen this a couple times on older computer monitors where they would go black after a while and a power cycle would bring it back.

If the game was frozen, that's a whole other issue.

Last edited by robertwinter on Wed Feb 01, 2006 12:23 am; edited 1 time in total
keith

PostPosted: Mon Jan 23, 2006 2:13 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Robert, the game wasn't being played when it went black. It was in menu mode. The first time it happened, when I powered it up, it was in top hat game. It lasted all day, then went black after that. I rebooted this morning and it went black within 30 minutes. So, I replaced the video controller card, but no picture. I did a # 4 safe clear, then tried a super clear # 4 and 6. I couldn't remember on the white switch by the power supply if I should push it all the way in when performing safe clear (note: I don't have a cover on the e-box), then pull it out when rebooting the machine. I am obviously confused here. I starting to get discouraged with the odyssey, too much trouble. Please page me tomorrow at 602-420-7695 and I will call you back. I am in a conference the next two days, but will take your call. Thank you, Keith.
Odysseey_slot

PostPosted: Mon Jan 23, 2006 3:07 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

keith I live in Anthem (phoenix) and can assit if needed.
keith

PostPosted: Tue Jan 24, 2006 5:32 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Odysseey_slot, I live in North Central Phoenix. Call me on my work Phone (602)-436-2960 or page me at 602-420-7965 and I will call you back. Could you reply back with your name and phone to be reached please. Do you know what's wrong? Have you seen this before?
My CRT and monitor boards were tested as a set from LA Slots.

PS: Do you own an Odyssey?

I look forward to your response.

Thank you, Keith.
keith

PostPosted: Wed Jan 25, 2006 5:53 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Keith here, still trouble shooting my video going out after awhile. This evening, I powered up the machine and the monitor is working. I tried to run a diagnostics in MMS and couldn't get it to run, as when I calibrate my touch screen, the upper and lower screen arrows are too far into the corners. My touchscreen does work in MMS, but I can't access configuration and diagnostics. I am not sure why the video goes out after being powered on for awhile. It appears that all is running and I get no error codes. Any guidance in my trouble-shooting?
keith

PostPosted: Tue Jan 31, 2006 6:23 am    Post subject: still trouble shooting CRT going out....... Reply with quote

Keith here, still trouble shooting my monitor problem, I spoke with Betto at LA Slots and he says I should hook uo a seperate computer monitor to the odyssey and see if I get the same problem where the CRT goes dark (off, no video). If so, then he says the problem is not CRT or monitor boards and it has to do with some other components to be trouble shooted in the e-box or elsewhere. If the monitor stays on, then he suspects the flyback is failing on the monitor boards and needs replacing.

So, I will try to find a spare monitor to try this experiment.

That's all for now. Comments?
keith

PostPosted: Mon Feb 13, 2006 4:22 am    Post subject: still trouble shooting.....CRT going dark Reply with quote

OK, unplugged my 27" CRT and plugged inn a 15" monitor and it played all night with no problem of going dark. So, i know the problem is not in the e-box electronics and must be in the monitor boards. Betto thinks the flyback transformer maybe acting up. Any ideas from anyone?
keith

PostPosted: Sun May 28, 2006 9:46 pm    Post subject: monitor suddenly going dark fixed by replacing my tube bds Reply with quote

Keith here, finally was able to find time to change out my monitor boards and my problem of the monitor suddenly going dark has been fixed (thank you dave for assisting me). I have now sent the monitor boards back to LA Slots for replacement (this was a set I bought as a spare). So now I can enjoy my Odyssey again with no worries. Very Happy
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Silicon Gaming Odyssey Slot Machine Forum Index -> Tech Help All times are GMT
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: