Silicon Silicon Gaming Odyssey Slot Machine
The Site for Owners and Enthusiasts

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

Hopper Disconnected??

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Silicon Gaming Odyssey Slot Machine Forum Index -> Tech Help
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Jawbreaker

PostPosted: Tue Mar 06, 2007 1:34 am    Post subject: Hopper Disconnected?? Reply with quote

My machine suddenly stopped paying out of the hopper, although the credits run down as if it was paying when you cash out. When I go to the MMS it says "Hopper Disconnected"

Does anyone know what tells the machine if the hopper is there? The plug and wires look good, The SSR mounted next to the connector reads good. If you unplg the molex plug that goes to the hopper does it give you this error? I'm just trying to figure out what tells the machine that the hopper is disconnected.

I understand this goes to the GPIO board, and I've reseated the connectors there but the problem still appears. Before I dig in too deep, has anyone had this before. I did a full clear just the other day, maybe that turned off the hopper? The hopper was unplugged when I did the clear, but I've since done it with the hopper installed and the machine still doesn't see it's there.

-Tim
robertwinter
Site Admin

PostPosted: Tue Mar 06, 2007 3:05 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Normally if you unplug the hopper, it will give you a Hopper Jam error. Haven't encountered what you're describing before.

Maybe a setting in MMS somewhere?
Jawbreaker

PostPosted: Tue Mar 06, 2007 7:30 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

It seems to be a software issue. If I swap out the psycho card with my spare, the hopper magically returns and works fine. I must have messed up the config data on the one card when I did a full clear.

I accidently moved switch 5 instaed of 4 when I did the last full clear and the machine booted normally - I turned it off and reswitched 5 and 4. Maybe this hosed something up? It try to do another clear again to see if the hopper returns with the original psycho board.

-Tim
robertwinter
Site Admin

PostPosted: Tue Mar 06, 2007 8:03 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Try doing a Safe Clear with switches 4 and 6 at the same time.

If that doesn't work, try swapping the config EEPROM between boards to see if the problem follows that chip. Easy to reburn the image if necessary.
Jawbreaker

PostPosted: Tue Mar 06, 2007 11:13 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I'll try your suggestions and let you know how it turns out. Thanks for your help.

-Tim
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Silicon Gaming Odyssey Slot Machine Forum Index -> Tech Help All times are GMT
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: