Silicon Silicon Gaming Odyssey Slot Machine
The Site for Owners and Enthusiasts

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

Monitor dead

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Silicon Gaming Odyssey Slot Machine Forum Index -> Tech Help
View previous topic :: View next topic  
TTTony

PostPosted: Tue Aug 28, 2007 4:53 pm    Post subject: Monitor dead Reply with quote

Help! My Odyssey lost it's picture. You can still here the game operating properly, but no picture....it doesn't appear to have power. Any idea where to begin? Thanks all.
Jawbreaker

PostPosted: Wed Aug 29, 2007 10:24 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I would start with unplugging the VGA plug from the back of your video card and plugging an external monitor in to make sure you're getting a video signal out. If so, pull the monitor out and have a look at all of the plug connections.

-Tim
TTTony

PostPosted: Thu Aug 30, 2007 3:25 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

That was a good idea. It did confirm my belief that it is indeed the display that is dead. My PC monitor displayed a picture (and looked darn good by the way).

I can check all the connections, but I don't think I'm going to be that lucky. The screen went dark while it was in play like it lost power. It had been pincushioning pretty bad leading up to this as well, so I think it's an electrical problem.

I guess my game plan from here is to find a TV repair shop that would be willing to take a look at it.

Any other ideas?
wardthomas

PostPosted: Tue Oct 30, 2007 3:19 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Did you get it fixed?
TTTony

PostPosted: Tue Oct 30, 2007 3:26 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Not yet. I'll be making a call to LA Slots shortly though. I think I've determined in talking with some other folks that it's the flyback transformer. Wish me luck.
TTTony

PostPosted: Thu May 22, 2008 12:35 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Well gang...here's the scoop on the monitor. Sorry for the delay in updating. It took a LOOOOOONG time.

I ended up having to replace the monitor assembly (OUCH). I actually had a Wells Gardner monitor in my machine (found in the earlier Odyssey's) so the flyback that I bought did not fit. I was able to locate the appropriate flyback, but it did not fix the problem. LA Slots recommended I replace the monitor with a NEOTEC. Having limited electrical background and no other options, I decided to replace it.

It IS working now, but I feel that the monitor could have been fixed. Unfortunately, no one locally has the "guts" to work on it. And the community online is pretty small as you know.

As for LA Slots...although they DID have the parts I needed to get me up and running again, I would have a hard time recommending them. They were extremely slow to respond and misrepresented themselves on several occasions costing me extra $$$. If you work for LA Slots (as I know some posters do on this board)....sorry. But I believe in telling it how it is.
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Silicon Gaming Odyssey Slot Machine Forum Index -> Tech Help All times are GMT
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: