Big Bang Bar Forum Index Big Bang Bar
Forum hosted by Robert Winter

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

My Pictures

This forum is locked: you cannot post, reply to, or edit topics.   This topic is locked: you cannot edit posts or make replies.    Big Bang Bar Forum Index -> Progress Updates
View previous topic :: View next topic  
awarner

PostPosted: Tue Jan 10, 2006 12:57 am    Post subject: My Pictures Reply with quote

Hey Everyone,

Great day for BBB picture collectors! I am releasing ALL of the pictures I took at the BBB assembly facility. Many of them came out pretty dark because of a camera problem. If anyone wants the challange of correcting the dark ones, I'll be glad to set you up with a way to replace them for me. I just don't have time to do it.

Anyway, they are JUST for the forum. Keep them to yourself.

Thanks,

-Al-

http://www.alsarcade.com/BBB-Chicago-1105
Pins and Vids #4 - A New Hoax DVD, Available NOW at www.pinsandvids.com for only $12.00 plus shipping.
Ringtail

PostPosted: Tue Jan 10, 2006 1:08 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Thanks Al, these are great to see ^^
#69 It had to go to Holland really Razz
CraigC

PostPosted: Tue Jan 10, 2006 3:21 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

thanks Al!! Great to look through.

I can't wait!

-c
Kronis

PostPosted: Tue Jan 10, 2006 3:48 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Thanks Al ! I think we've seen one or two of these before, but it was great to have the full spread of pictures. If that's where they were almost 2 months ago, think of the progress they must've made since (at least I hope so).

BBB #21
BBB94

PostPosted: Tue Jan 10, 2006 5:44 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Thanks for everything Al.
Bill

PostPosted: Wed Jan 11, 2006 10:52 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I took a pass at Al's pics, did a little brightness/contrast correction, then built a webpage around them. I also resized them to make them more web-friendly, so you won't get the resolution that Al's pics had. I'll upload the modified high-res versions back to Al, shortly ... he'll let you know when those are available.

Here's the link:

http://www.ufopinball.com/BBB1105/

Again, this is just for folks on this board.

Enjoy...
Bill
robertwinter
Site Admin

PostPosted: Wed Jan 11, 2006 3:02 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I did something similar to Bill but had been waiting for Al's approval to repost.

Here's my effort -
http://www.robertwinter.com/pinball/bbb/forum/images/updates/011006/
BBB #74
awarner

PostPosted: Wed Jan 11, 2006 3:29 pm    Post subject: Thanks guys!!! Reply with quote

I'd like to thank Bill and Robert for taking the time to make the pictures easier to get and see. I took a lot of duplicates and I was there on two separate days, and if you can imagine, I also took 1.25 hours of video (Gene's talk was the bulk of that).

I was suppose to give a new picture or two every week, but as time went by, they would have started getting repetitive. After Kerry's awesome progress report and pictures, I thought, hey, let's give them all out. I ran it past Kim and she was cool with it.

If y'all don't know, any BBB stuff that is directly related to the project has to be run by Kim/Gene before release. Things that are historical like the art and stuff don't have that restriction.

If I find a way to get back up there before the game's release, I'll try and get more stuff. I know how cool it is to log on here and see the progress. My finances are a little restrictive right now.

I'll work on another clip for release next week.

-Al-
Pins and Vids #4 - A New Hoax DVD, Available NOW at www.pinsandvids.com for only $12.00 plus shipping.
rhayes1

PostPosted: Wed Jan 11, 2006 3:41 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I can't believe it! I saw my playfield.
See Link:
http://www.alsarcade.com/BBB-Chicago-1105/DSC00129.JPG
It's on the bottom half of the rack.
Number: 005-10-018.
Made: 06 14 05

How nice is that.

Thanks,

Robert (# 018)
robertwinter
Site Admin

PostPosted: Wed Jan 11, 2006 4:45 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

rhayes1 wrote:
I can't believe it! I saw my playfield.
It's on the bottom half of the rack.
Number: 005-10-018.
Made: 06 14 05

I wouldn't count on that being your playfield. I noticed multiples of numbers 3,8,9,10,11,12,13 and 14. And this only shows ONE of the racks.

I wonder what that numbering scheme actually means. Like what is 004- vs. 005-?
BBB #74
Swann

PostPosted: Thu Jan 12, 2006 12:33 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I noticed the multiples of numbering too as I looked through the pictures (thanx by the way for them!) and came to the conclusion that it must be the people that has ordered spare playfields, and in that sense I do think that it actually is rhayes1's playfield....

or?
BBB #79 has arrived here in Stockholm, Sweden!
awarner

PostPosted: Thu Jan 12, 2006 5:50 am    Post subject: My opinion... Reply with quote

I think that since the machines aren't being made in any particular order, that these markings were to keep track of how many playfields were done and how many needed to be done. The variation in numbers is probably because of the different color insert in the pop bumper area. I don't think that they will be matching this number to anything because it takes too much work and give absolutely no benefit. It will be cool to know when your PF was made though. Of course, I could be wrong...

-Al-
rhayes1

PostPosted: Thu Jan 12, 2006 9:10 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

If the playfields are numbered like the games, it would be nice to have the numbered playfield match the game number. You know, like a numbers matching car. It shouldn't be that hard. I bet only one or two items are actually numbered sequentially.

Robert
awarner

PostPosted: Thu Jan 12, 2006 11:14 am    Post subject: Updated Super High Res Pictures Reply with quote

Hey Everyone,

The BIG pictures I had up for y'all to download were of course cleaned up and made smaller by both Robert Winter and Bill Ung. Bill sent me the cleaned up (but still just as big) versions and I replaced them on my page at the first link. If you want the REALLY detailed pics, go out and re-get the dark ones again. The thumbnails are still dark so this will help you identify which ones you might want.

-Al-

PS - I like to shoot at high resolutions. You can always make the pics smaller. My new camera (Nikon D50) shoots at about 2 MB per pic in NORMAL mode. Wild.
This forum is locked: you cannot post, reply to, or edit topics.   This topic is locked: you cannot edit posts or make replies.    Big Bang Bar Forum Index -> Progress Updates All times are GMT - 7 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: