Big Bang Bar Forum Index Big Bang Bar
Forum hosted by Robert Winter

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

IPB ANNOUNCEMENT
Goto page 1, 2  Next

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Big Bang Bar Forum Index -> General Big Bang Bar Discussions
View previous topic :: View next topic  
PINBALL WITCH

PostPosted: Mon Jan 16, 2006 2:52 pm    Post subject: IPB ANNOUNCEMENT Reply with quote

I realize this is not BBB related but for those that don't follow RGP we would like to make this announcement.

Pinball Enthusiasts

Illinois Pin Ball Company is pleased to announce that the companies listed below have come together to form a strategic alliance. This alliance will be known as the NORTH AMERICAN PINBALL PARTS ALLIANCE. (NAPPA)

The purpose of this alliance is for several companies to work in unison to bring pinball parts to market. It is our belief that by working together we will accomplish much more than we can by working separately. By utilizing the expertise of several companies and the vast resources of IPB, together we can bring parts to market at a faster rate and with the same high quality standards that have come to be expected by the collector market.

Below is a list of the NAPPA partners

Gene Cunningham – Illinois Pin Ball Company
Darin Jacobs – Phoenix Arcade
James Loflin – Pinball, Incorporated
Kerry Stair – Mantis Amusements

These alliance partners working together in a warm spirit of total cooperation will shortly bring a vast number of new parts as well as many parts that had licensing issues to market.

I’d like to thank our customers and our NAPPA partners for their continued support and cooperation.

Gene
Illinois Pin Ball Company
bspins

PostPosted: Mon Jan 16, 2006 3:01 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

That is FABULOUS news, Kim. You've picked some real pros to team up with. I can hardly wait to see what the future brings. I wish you all nothing but the best.

THE PINGASMS ARE BACK!!!!
Bryan Kelly Former BBB #123
harrrrrrr

PostPosted: Mon Jan 16, 2006 4:10 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Wonderful news... best of luck... looks to be a great team.

John
blubboman

PostPosted: Mon Jan 16, 2006 4:40 pm    Post subject: NAPPA Reply with quote

Kim - I just saw this on RGP. This sounds like a really good idea. I mentioned on RGP that Allen Shope would be a good member of this team. It's a really good group regardless and has some of the best people that are interested in high quality work and have great integrity.

Do you guys have any early concepts on what kind of parts you will work first?
awarner

PostPosted: Mon Jan 16, 2006 4:53 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

James said something was up but refused to tell me. I actually had guessed that Pinball Inc. would join with IPB. Seeing as I know 3 of you already, I think this will be an AWESOME alliance. And it's so AMERICAN! You need a Red, White, and Blue logo! Congrats guys. There is finally HOPE for pinball again (beyond BBB).

-Al-
Pins and Vids #4 - A New Hoax DVD, Available NOW at www.pinsandvids.com for only $12.00 plus shipping.
PINBALL WITCH

PostPosted: Mon Jan 16, 2006 5:04 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

At this point we are still going over our options. Each person has a specialty and they are considering in what order they would like to produce parts. For us it's like having Christmas in January santa . There are so many parts to be made, and these guys were like kids when they talked about the artwork, the molds, and the tooling. It's really neat to see the stuff that I take for granted through someone elses eyes. Plus the combined knowledge between the 4 of them is just unbelievable, and the energy level could have lit up Chicago.

Since a few people have asked, when Treasure Cove was contacted about becoming a supplier, they were still considering all of the options. They put out a quality product and I wish them luck. Who knows what tomorrow will bring.

kim
BBB94

PostPosted: Mon Jan 16, 2006 5:32 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Sounds like great news for the pinball hobby and your pinball business too. Congrats and good luck.
tomterlec

PostPosted: Mon Jan 16, 2006 5:35 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Great news, this is a terrific group of people! Good things will come from this for sure.

Tom
BBB #136
Swann

PostPosted: Tue Jan 17, 2006 12:38 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Truly great news, this really lights up the day for Pinball parts!

Am quite sure that the whole branch appriciates this, will truly help keeping our games alive and kicking!
BBB #79 has arrived here in Stockholm, Sweden!
runner1717

PostPosted: Tue Jan 17, 2006 8:17 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Yeah Baby!!!!!!!!!!!!
CraigC

PostPosted: Tue Jan 17, 2006 8:22 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Kim, This is awesome and should bring all the members great success. I'll definetely support this 100%. It's great to see people that we all know and love getting together to build something instead of fighting each other.

Each of these members are awesome at what they do and seriously i'm giddy like a schoolgirl thinking about what can be done with all the awesome molds and art you guys have at IPB.

I would like to see a unified website where i can buy all the parts from you guys in one swoop.

all the best!!!

-c
robertwinter
Site Admin

PostPosted: Tue Jan 17, 2006 12:33 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Fantastic news! It's great to see cooperation finally move the parts production business forward.

I know it was mentioned on RGP, but I'd also like to throw Big Time Cabinets' name into the ring as a possible partner.
BBB #74
awarner

PostPosted: Tue Jan 17, 2006 2:09 pm    Post subject: Big Time Cabinets Reply with quote

I think Big Time Cabinets folded. Great product, but pretty pricey. He was complaining that he couldn't get side art. Maybe if he CAN get side art, he might reconsider. That's what I heard anyway.

-Al-
Pins and Vids #4 - A New Hoax DVD, Available NOW at www.pinsandvids.com for only $12.00 plus shipping.
Kerry Richard

PostPosted: Tue Jan 17, 2006 7:56 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

PARTS! PARTS! PARTS! PARTS! PARTS!

Any chance you can make enough parts to make King Pin?
If so, Count me (us) in!

Congrats on the merger! Very positive direction for all involved and the Pinball comminuty.

Kerry Richard #111
awarner

PostPosted: Wed Jan 18, 2006 5:24 am    Post subject: Gene's comment on Kingpin (to me) Reply with quote

Gene told me in the interview that boardsets were the limiting factor of what he could make. He had slightly over 190 boardsets so making Kingpin would be a substantial problem without re-engineering the processor board (obsolete parts).

New American made Williams/Bally parts is still good!

-Al-
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Big Bang Bar Forum Index -> General Big Bang Bar Discussions All times are GMT - 7 Hours
Goto page 1, 2  Next
Page 1 of 2

Jump to: