Big Bang Bar Forum Index Big Bang Bar
Forum hosted by Robert Winter

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

BBB Merchandise Poll #11 – Side art, Cropping w/o background

View previous topic :: View next topic  

Which cropping do you prefer, when the background has been removed?
Center
29%
 29%  [ 5 ]
Back
5%
 5%  [ 1 ]
Expanded
64%
 64%  [ 11 ]
Other
0%
 0%  [ 0 ]
Total Votes : 17

BBB94

PostPosted: Thu Jan 19, 2006 4:35 pm    Post subject: BBB Merchandise Poll #11 – Side art, Cropping w/o background Reply with quote

I don’t have a good (neutral perspective) picture of the right side, so I am only working with the left side here despite the fact that the right side is currently preferred if only the back portion of the art is used. Vote based on the elements present, ignoring the left vs. right side issue for now. I also tried a new crop that includes even more of the side, which includes all the elements that I think are workable.

Left side center Left side back
Left side expanded

Does anyone think it would look better with the background? It also occured to me that the red and yellow could be replaced with green and light blue. What does everyone think about that idea? It would reduce costs a little, but make it a little less striking IMO.

Sadly, I never noticed the robot or the fact that he is grabbing her ass until now :-)
Swann

PostPosted: Fri Jan 20, 2006 12:52 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I just had to vote on expanded, it's the only one that really shows all the characters and yes, how they interact. Sure the expanded one will be a small print then the others, but still I don't think it's soo much smaller and the details are worth it!

The only thing that I object to in regards to the cropping is the "fish in the container" in the top, it's a hard cut there. Guess one have to look closer to figure out a good way of cutting it so it becomes an object like all the others.

In regards to loosing the Red-Yellow, no way! It's what makes the whole picture more alive!

Great that you do this BBB94, thanks for going through the options and brainstorming!
BBB #79 has arrived here in Stockholm, Sweden!
BBB94

PostPosted: Fri Jan 20, 2006 6:52 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Swann wrote:
The only thing that I object to in regards to the cropping is the "fish in the container" in the top, it's a hard cut there. Guess one have to look closer to figure out a good way of cutting it so it becomes an object like all the others.

With respect to that I thought that a dark blue oval could be placed near the top and then the top rounded off to make it look like the top of a giant glass, like it is on the backglass - or if that don't work it can be taken out completely. Taking it out would level off the top of the artwork. Thoughts?

Thanks for your interest and appreciation.
Swann

PostPosted: Fri Jan 20, 2006 7:39 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I've looked a bit closer on the sideart on more high resolution pictures in regards to the ideas about either having the container rounded off or taken out completly.

I do think that removing it completly will look the best, then you get (as you mention) a more even level on the top and there's nothing that stands out above the BBB-logotype.

I did notice another thing as I looked on the more high resolution pictures, there's a purple background base with a lots of details, should it be included or not (?)... sure it might become a too messy print as we talked about before, but if it's discrete maybe not... hmm...
BBB #79 has arrived here in Stockholm, Sweden!
BBB94

PostPosted: Fri Jan 20, 2006 7:27 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Swann wrote:
I did notice another thing as I looked on the more high resolution pictures, there's a purple background base with a lots of details, should it be included or not (?)... sure it might become a too messy print as we talked about before, but if it's discrete maybe not... hmm...

Yeah, when I was editing out the background it gave a good opportunity to discover that there is the bar, and shelves, with vases, and all kinds of details. There will likely still be that poor sap of an alien whose job is to be a table.

Even without all those nice details the image will have a lot going on and a lot of colors (7+: lt blue, dk blue, green, red, yellow, black, white and maybe one more to make it flouresce, glow, or reflect). From what others have posted, that is a lot for a shirt. I guess I should contact a printer to find out for sure if that many colors present a significant technical or cost barrier. Not having the background will also allow the image to blend into any color shirt better I think.
harrrrrrr

PostPosted: Fri Jan 20, 2006 9:35 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

No question... expanded version and keep the red and yellow...

If shown with and without red/yellow and I think the poll would show 100% to keep red/yellow planet colors.

John
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Big Bang Bar Forum Index -> Polls All times are GMT - 7 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: