Big Bang Bar Forum Index Big Bang Bar
Forum hosted by Robert Winter

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

January 28, 2006 Update - Playfield Top Assembly Pictures
Goto page Previous  1, 2

This forum is locked: you cannot post, reply to, or edit topics.   This topic is locked: you cannot edit posts or make replies.    Big Bang Bar Forum Index -> Progress Updates
View previous topic :: View next topic  
blubboman

PostPosted: Mon Jan 30, 2006 8:14 pm    Post subject: Wow - so clean Reply with quote

Those playfields and stuff look fantastic! Everything is so clean.

Kerry or Fred
I could probably swing by on a weekend to do some work. I'm about 2.5 hours away so I should have some flexibility to fit around people coming from farther away.
kstair

PostPosted: Mon Jan 30, 2006 8:47 pm    Post subject: Info Reply with quote

I'll try to summerize a few things.

All parts are accounted for NOTHING is missing !
There are probably close to 1400 parts that need to be assembled. In comparison your car probably has 1000 or so
All bottom and mech assemblies are being made in Chicago more or less. All riveted plastic assemblies are being made in bloomington. Bottoms up in Chicago, tops in Bloomington. The reason is simple we want to control the top so its put together right with no scratches or boo boos Most will never appreciate that . . .
Volunteers will help speed things along. Lack of volunteers will delay things. Right now by MY estimation Gene will be paying each of the BBB owners $ 1500.00 to own this machine. Is that your fault . . . no . . . thats a graphic lesson in planning and price estimating. Gene is a Man of his word and these will get out to you WHEN finished at a loss. BTW most businesses would declare bankruptcy and you'd get nothing but a share of the lawsuit. Gene is finishing this because of his promise at a heavy personal loss. Grateful is the word I use!
The work is a big mountain to climb. Help is appreciated. However if a thankyou and a chance to be part of history is not enough then I'm sorry the well went dry a while ago and you'll have to bring your own water . . .
Work is progressing well and once the first one is done then we can crank up production. Honestly I'm amazed at how well everything fits from the engineering drawings. I expected there to be some earthshattering mistakes. A few minor things is all we've found and those were easily handled. So relax !! It'll be done when its done and it'll be right..

Kerry

Mantis Amusements
BBB #2

PostPosted: Tue Jan 31, 2006 7:29 am    Post subject: Volunteers Reply with quote

Kerry, no worries here. I wasn't expecting any type of compensation or expense reimbursement. I would fly in and rent a car and drive down from OHare. A suggestion for a cheap motel would be appreciated. Just having a chance to contribute would be a great experience.
My biggest challenge is coordinating the time. Between changing jobs, building a new house and tempararliy living in an apartment with everything I own in storage I could not tell you what month, March or ?????
I just want to help!
BBB #2
runner1717

PostPosted: Tue Jan 31, 2006 2:05 pm    Post subject: Re: Info Reply with quote

Thanks for the update. It really helped put things in perspective!

Any way you could ship the parts that needed to be assembled? I've got 4 teenage pinheads that could sure be put to work! Then I could ship the completed assemblies back.

Do we have any contact information for Fred so that help times can be arranged?

kstair wrote:
The reason is simple we want to control the top so its put together right with no scratches or boo boos Most will never appreciate that . . .

I'm sure we ALL appreciate it!!!!!!!!!!!!
Bertl

PostPosted: Wed Feb 01, 2006 12:43 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I would be possible to help, but i am going to Chicago by end of July only for business trip. I can fly a few days before if necessary.

If at this time there is somebody needed, i would be glad to come over and help for some days!

Brgds
Norbert

(still on waiting list, but glad to be part of pinball history!)
nworker

PostPosted: Wed Feb 01, 2006 12:45 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I have availability in March to spend three days. Let me know the logistics and I'll get it on my schedule.

I am so greatful to be part of pinball history and have a piece of it too!

You are so right, in most cases we would have been holding a worthless receipt. I want to thank Gene his integrity and drive at getting BBB done.

Three cheers for Gene and crew:

Hip Hip HORRAY!
Hip HIP HORRAY!
HIP HIP HORRAY!

Hank
jadziedzic

PostPosted: Wed Feb 01, 2006 1:03 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

KERRY / ROBERT:

PLEASE POST A STICKY WITH CONTACT INFORMATION FOR THOSE WHO WANT TO VOLUNTEER TO WORK ON BBB. I DON'T KNOW WHO FRED IS OR HOW TO CONTACT HIM.

If you can include information as to locations where work will be performed (Chicago and/or Bloomington) and housing arrangements, that would be useful too.

Thanks,
Tony
BBB #39
BBB94

PostPosted: Wed Feb 01, 2006 10:08 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

The work is in Bloomington at the "shop". The housing is "right behind" the shop (so probably 1 block or less). It consists of two beds (or two bedrooms can't remember which) and a couch - not sure about kitchen etc. Fred said that he plans to get on the forum and post more details and his contact info; he must just be too busy so far and/or trying to figure out more details. It sounded like they are looking for people for the next 5 weeks and Fred should be able to arrange his schedule to accomidate help on weekdays and weekends, but maybe not both in the same week.
Jake

PostPosted: Sat Feb 04, 2006 9:25 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Kerry/Gene/Georgianna/Kim -

I'm just over in Rockford and would love to help out whenever. I can also bring other pinheads (2-3) if that would be helpful. I know that they would jump at a chance to help out. (Unfortunately, I was the only one of our group who was able to pre-order a game).
jadziedzic

PostPosted: Mon Feb 20, 2006 9:32 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

So what's the deal with volunteer work? Are volunteers still needed? Has anyone actually DONE any volunteer work?

I had assumed that someone (the mythical "Fred"?) would have posted contact info by now; it's been nearly three weeks since I asked. Siince I have to schedule time away from work a few weeks in advance the window of opportunity for me to help out is closing fast.

Tony
BBB #39
CraigC

PostPosted: Mon Feb 20, 2006 10:49 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Not to sound hugely selfish Wink but i would drive down in a minute to put my own machine together and bring it home. Wink

Of course i would work the weekend putting together as many machines as possible with the same quality applied to all.

I still might volunteer anyway.

-c
RazerX

PostPosted: Mon Feb 20, 2006 6:19 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I could ride down with Craig and help too.

Rob
Robot #71
runner1717

PostPosted: Mon Feb 20, 2006 8:30 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I'm thinking everyone just fell off the planet or something.......... Shocked

I hate it when the folks in the "know" disappear............

It always make's kinda edgy.............. Sad

I guess maybe volunteers arn't needed after all??
This forum is locked: you cannot post, reply to, or edit topics.   This topic is locked: you cannot edit posts or make replies.    Big Bang Bar Forum Index -> Progress Updates All times are GMT - 7 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2
Page 2 of 2

Jump to: