Big Bang Bar Forum Index Big Bang Bar
Forum hosted by Robert Winter

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

BBB EMBOSSED Denim Shirts and/ or Jackets - Poll #15

View previous topic :: View next topic  

Do you have interest in purchasing embossed denim SHIRTS and/or JACKETS?
Yes, I would buy both SHIRTS and JACKETS
21%
 21%  [ 6 ]
You've got to be kidding, these are BORING - Give me COLOR!
32%
 32%  [ 9 ]
I would buy the SHIRT ONLY
28%
 28%  [ 8 ]
I would buy ONLY a JACKET
10%
 10%  [ 3 ]
Only if they can be done in time for my Wife's Birthday
7%
 7%  [ 2 ]
Total Votes : 28

BBB93

PostPosted: Mon Feb 06, 2006 8:03 am    Post subject: BBB EMBOSSED Denim Shirts and/ or Jackets - Poll #15 Reply with quote

Buried in one of the BBB merchandise polls, I had mentioned that I knew of a place that would make denim shirts and jackets using a unique process where a logo is embossed into the Fabric. BBB94 and I thought this idea had enough merit to have a poll of its own? dontknow

I have been in contact with the company that manufactures these shirts and jackets and I have received some price quotes, which seem reasonable to me. Of course like anything else, the more you buy, the less each costs. So I would like to gauge the level of interest in this type of shirt or jacket.

Back in 2001, the company I work for had a “Route 66” theme party. We had these shirts made for the “staff” that worked the party. We had a lot of great comments from people and everybody really seemed to like them. They have held up very well. This photo shows what the embossed effect really looks like.

This next photo is a “ROUGH” Photoshop representation of what the BBB embossed logo would look like. I say “rough”, because there are a few things I think could be tweaked a little, and it is difficult fake the embossed effect Any ideas or feedback is welcome.

I am told that both denim shirts and jackets can be made from the same master embossing die. There is a one-time charge to have the die made of approx. $300 - $400. Here are the approximate costs for the shirts/jackets if purchased at various quantities. I have factored in the cost of the die, the cost of the shirt/jacket, the embossing and approx. freight to send all of the shirts to one central location. So assume there would be additional shipping to get the shirt from there to you.

Shirts are available in XS, S, M, L, XL. Sizes 2XL and 3XL adds $5.00 per shirt
Looks like if we had even minimal interest for 20 to 50 shirts that they could be made at a cost of $35.00 to $40.00 per shirt. More than 50 shirts and the cost becomes even less.

Jackets are available in XS, S, M, L, XL. Sizes 2XL and 3XL adds $10.00 per jacket. Sizes 4XL thru 7XL adds $20.00 per jacket!!!
If we order 20 to 50, jackets could be made at a cost of $40.00 to $50.00 per jacket. More than 50 jackets would be even less.

If there is interest in having these done, I would be willing coordinate having the die made and shirts ordered. Any comments or feedback is welcome

Bob Stemmler BBB#93
pmwolf3

PostPosted: Mon Feb 06, 2006 6:16 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Hated to say: "Boring" ...

More like..."I think I'm going to be buying a ton of BBB merchandise, and a Denim Jacket wouldn't make the cut for me."

Pete
Kronis

PostPosted: Mon Feb 06, 2006 8:47 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

pmwolf3 wrote:
Hated to say: "Boring" ...

More like..."I think I'm going to be buying a ton of BBB merchandise, and a Denim Jacket wouldn't make the cut for me."

I agree. But I don't think this should preclude others from this type of purchase. My guess is that such a jacket would be at least $150, so the minimum order would be low.

BBB #21
BBB94

PostPosted: Mon Feb 06, 2006 9:47 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I like the understated nature of it, I think it is subtle and unique. For the record I voted for both and actually I would probably get 3 jackets and 2 or 3 shirts. I want one jacket, Mrs. BBB94 wants two (so she has one to replace the first 10 years from now).

I wish everyone would vote on each topic, even if, or perhaps especially if, they are not interested in buying some or any BBB merchandise. The more people that vote, regardless of how they vote, the more valuable the data is to the people that will be deciding if and how to proceed on these ideas. It is better to have 173 no votes and 10 yes votes and know that there is not much interest in something, than to have 10 yes votes and 5 no votes and think that there may be might 120 interested people projecting the numbers out.

It is anonymous, it only takes a second. Please vote people, especially on the more final type polls such as this one where the product is pretty well defined and ballpark prices known.
BBB93

PostPosted: Tue Feb 07, 2006 10:48 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Kronis wrote:
My guess is that such a jacket would be at least $150, so the minimum order would be low.

The cost of the jackets would actually be much less than that. If we ordered as few as 20 jackets, the cost per jacket would be only $50.00 each. If there is enough interest to order 50 jackets, then the cost would be about $40.00 per jacket. Lets say there was enough interest to order 100 jackets, then the cost is only about $35.00 each.

These cost estimates include the prorated cost of the die, the shirt, the embossing and shipping all of the shirts/jackets to one location. These may not the final purchase price, because I do not know what the final sales channel will be and the details of that arrangement.

BBB93
harrrrrrr

PostPosted: Tue Feb 07, 2006 12:46 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

tshirt

Gee... that pricing sounds a bit too good to be true. I do appreciate low prices and think these are great. I also have great respect for Gene and family bringing the BBB project along at additional personal expense. That being said, I hope there will be some profit built into these items to help offset Gene's expenses. Just another way we can help support the project. Embarassed Did I really say that... I'm of Scottish descent. Embarassed

I also agree that it would be great if a few more of the BBB gang would step up to the plate and let their interest be known. It would be a shame to loose $$$ on any of these ventures and without good poll info that risk would seem to increase.

John
BBB93

PostPosted: Tue Feb 07, 2006 1:20 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

harrrrrrr wrote:
tshirt

Gee... that pricing sounds a bit too good to be true. I do appreciate low prices and think these are great. I also have great respect for Gene and family bringing the BBB project along at additional personal expense. That being said, I hope there will be some profit built into these items to help offset Gene's expenses.

I agree with you here. That is why I tried to highlight that these were the costs only and may not be the purchase price. The artwork on any BBB merchandise is trademarked. The owner of that trademark should receive a royalty payment or mark-up.
I struggled a bit with wether or not to even discuss pricing, because that leaves open the possibility that someone will criticize that the price is marked up. But on the other hand, it is hard for someone to commit to being interested in buying something without an idea about how much it will cost.

BBB93
BBB94

PostPosted: Tue Feb 07, 2006 6:56 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Yep, I'm sure Gene will make his full desires and intentions known when the time is right. I feel comfortable that we are not stepping on any toes here, or I think we would have heard about it (publicly or privately) and told to alter or stop what we are doing. I agree that royalties should and will be factored into this at some point. Since a number of the ideas will benefit from, if not require, the original art, Gene will have to be involved at some point, contracts and non-disclosure agreements signed etc.

The logistics and full delivered price of this stuff would probably be a lot better if one entity collects the money and all the products are shipped to one location for re-distribution. If IPB/PMI (or any other entity reasonably close to me) handles the money and distribution, I'd be happy to go there and sort, pull, and pack all the stuff for final shipment.

But for now we dream and be creative!
RazerX

PostPosted: Thu Feb 09, 2006 8:52 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

No offense to anyone, but that looks hideous Laughing
Robot #71
Big bang bar

PostPosted: Thu Feb 09, 2006 9:19 pm    Post subject: Wow! Reply with quote

I would only wear that shirt if I were visiting San Francisco or Miami!
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Big Bang Bar Forum Index -> Polls All times are GMT - 7 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: