Big Bang Bar Forum Index Big Bang Bar
Forum hosted by Robert Winter

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

Who got your BBB virginity?

View previous topic :: View next topic  

Who got your BBB virginity?
LTG was my first.
15%
 15%  [ 5 ]
Gene got me at expo.
42%
 42%  [ 14 ]
John Cassidy deflowered me at California Extreme.
6%
 6%  [ 2 ]
I'm still a virgin, but have had a virtual experience (visual pinball).
18%
 18%  [ 6 ]
I'm saving myself for marriage. (the day your BBB arrives).
18%
 18%  [ 6 ]
Total Votes : 33

supermegagoon

PostPosted: Wed Aug 17, 2005 9:40 pm    Post subject: Who got your BBB virginity? Reply with quote

A couple years ago, I was on vacation in MN to see family and friends, and made it a point to stop by LTG's place. He's been a tremendous asset to the pinball community, so I wanted to drop by to say hi and play a few games. I had never seen a BBB before, but there it was, right before my eyes. He explained that he only brings it out for special parties, but because I was an RGPer, he was happy to uncover and power it up for me. I gladly offered to pay for the credits, but he wouldn't hear of it. What a guy! Without this opportunity, I may never have been a future BBB owner. Thanks Lloyd!
kcswanson

PostPosted: Wed Aug 17, 2005 10:02 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

None of the above - I lost it on location back around '96 - in the middle of an airport!
BBB #35
pinsane

PostPosted: Wed Aug 17, 2005 10:36 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

kcswanson wrote:
None of the above - I lost it on location back around '96 - in the middle of an airport!

Would that be the Phoenix airport?

steve SDTM
sellenoff

PostPosted: Thu Aug 18, 2005 7:20 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Wow, someone actually played it on location, that's cool! I haven't heard of many people who did..

My very first experience with BBB was virtual since I was working on the capcom system emulation for pinmame, and BBB was really the driving force that kept me going when I was having all kinds of problems getting the emulation to work.

Once the emulation was good enough, but no table had been created (so you couldn't play it yet, but you could watch the animations and trigger sounds), I went to see LTG and take lots of pictures of the game and record some animations to help out the table author (pacdude), and of course, to play the world's coolest pin in real life, since I was already hooked on it from the emulation.

I never dreamed I would someday hope to own my own BBB.
-Steve
bbb96

PostPosted: Thu Aug 18, 2005 5:18 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

None of the above.

My first experience playing BBB was at Pinball Expo 1999.
kcswanson

PostPosted: Thu Aug 18, 2005 9:54 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

pinsane wrote:

Would that be the Phoenix airport?

steve SDTM

Yes it would. Back then I was travelling to Tucson at least once a month, and once I had been hooked by BBB, I would insist on connecting through Phoenix with at least a 2 hour stopover. The best time was once when I played for about 4 hours straight (!), and the worst was travelling with clients and not being able to tell them that their engineering consultant wanted to play pinball! I'd guess I got in at least 100 games total, and from what I hear never did get to the Big Bang. The sound was so low that you couldn't hear it, so I guess I'm still partially a BBB virgin.

Needless to say, when this chance came up, I was right there!!!
BBB #35
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Big Bang Bar Forum Index -> Polls All times are GMT - 7 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: