Big Bang Bar Forum Index Big Bang Bar
Forum hosted by Robert Winter

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

BBB Merchandise Poll #18 – Drinkware

View previous topic :: View next topic  

Where does your interest lie as far as drinkware?
Beer mug only
16%
 16%  [ 4 ]
Shotglass only
8%
 8%  [ 2 ]
Crazy stem flute only
0%
 0%  [ 0 ]
Crazy stem martini only
8%
 8%  [ 2 ]
Beer mug and crazy stem flute
8%
 8%  [ 2 ]
Beer mug and crazy stem martini
8%
 8%  [ 2 ]
Beer mug and shotglass
20%
 20%  [ 5 ]
Crazy stem flute and shotglass
0%
 0%  [ 0 ]
Crazy stem martini and shotglass
4%
 4%  [ 1 ]
Other (combo of 3, all 4, other suggestions – see post)
25%
 25%  [ 6 ]
Total Votes : 24

BBB94

PostPosted: Fri Apr 07, 2006 10:48 pm    Post subject: BBB Merchandise Poll #18 – Drinkware Reply with quote

I will not post a picture of a beer mug at this time, because they all seem to be pretty much the same. I would want a pint or larger so that it could hold a 12 oz. can plus ice. The crazy stem glasses seem to come in all transparent blue, all clear, or blue base with clear glass part. The flute seems more printable, but I think the martini looks a bit more exotic.

I will have polls for artwork once I know where your interest lies.

Highball shotglass (showing one possible front and back)

Crazy stem Martini.................................................Champaign flute
alienagent

PostPosted: Sun Apr 09, 2006 7:50 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

What about coffee mugs? I would use that far more than a beer mug- Am I in a minority here? coffee
BBB94

PostPosted: Sun Apr 09, 2006 8:19 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Originally I thought about and wanted to do coffee mugs. But in trying to restrain myself a bit I abandoned that idea in favor of bar theme stuff that I felt would be more unique and popular. Partially I thought beer mugs and other barware would sell better because people are more likely to buy sets. It is possible that the same screens could be used for both coffee and beer mugs, reducing per unit cost, via setup - I still need to look into that once I know what is most popular, but there would still be minimums. Most drinkware have a minimum of 72 or 144.

Maybe interest from the general public and silent non-posting/non-voting forum members will be surprisingly good, but right now it really looks like meeting the minimums on many items will be tough. This means that I will either have to subsidize some items or forget about them. Maybe there are a lot of people that don’t care to be involved in the design phase (or don’t like how I am handling it), but are still quite interested in buying stuff – I have no way to gage that. I think sales to the pinball public at large will be soft.

If we do a coffee mug, I saw a 13 oz. transparent glass one that I thought was cool, and it comes in blue, green, and purple, among others. I can poll it, perhaps it will be more popular than the other drinkware. If it is on the fence could try offering it up; I just may have to cancel and refund some items if they don’t meet the minimums.

I don't drink coffee, so I have to ask - is there any reason why a beer mug can't be used for coffee (especially if it is only 16 oz.)?

Last edited by BBB94 on Mon Apr 10, 2006 5:57 am; edited 1 time in total
BigBangJoe

PostPosted: Mon Apr 10, 2006 4:51 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I would be interested in beer mug, shotglass and/or crazy stem flute. I'm not sure if the artwork on the crazy stem martini will look good because of the shape of the glass.

Basically, if the glass/item can be used in a bar and looks good, then I'm interested.
BBB94

PostPosted: Mon Apr 10, 2006 6:07 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Yeah, if we do the martini, I think it could be limited to a fairly small planet logo on each side because of the angle.

If I were to rank them, it'd be:
crazy stem flute for odd shape and normal enough imprintability, 6.5 oz.
beer mug for utility and imprintability, 16 oz.+
crazy stem martini for even odder looks, imprintability could be limited, 6.75oz.
shotglasses for the imprintability and fact that many people collect them
coffee mug

If people want to look at more pictures of the crazy stems, they are also called Bravura and are in the Inspiration line by C&C Line, you could try googling. http://www.tradergraphix.com/ has some, but are expensive, a cheaper place I found may have quality issues; still looking for quality at a good price.
Kronis

PostPosted: Wed Apr 12, 2006 11:04 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Matched set. I'll take 4-6 of each !

BBB #21
BBB94

PostPosted: Wed Apr 12, 2006 6:01 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

If anyone that picked "Other"..., only likes 3 of the 4, please PM me and I will anonymize the info and post a summary. The voting is pretty close and I just want to know where the most interest lies, or if it is even enough to try them all.
Jake

PostPosted: Mon Jul 31, 2006 8:49 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I'd like to see tumblers and high ball glasses as well (not just high ball shot glasses)
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Big Bang Bar Forum Index -> Polls All times are GMT - 7 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: