Big Bang Bar Forum Index Big Bang Bar
Forum hosted by Robert Winter

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

BBB kits
Goto page 1, 2  Next

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Big Bang Bar Forum Index -> General Big Bang Bar Discussions
View previous topic :: View next topic  
CraigC

PostPosted: Fri Apr 28, 2006 6:57 am    Post subject: BBB kits Reply with quote

can i just show up and take the parts as a kit? Once everything has been corrected and the proto machines are complete i wouldnt mind some snap shots of Kerry's assembly procedures and away i go.

This will shorten the assembly time by that much, save you the box and packing materials and the storage space.

I know 4 other machines who's owners would take them in kit form.

whats the reason for not doing this?

I would also offer my services in assembling one for someone else who's local and is planning to keep the game.

I've done plenty of playfield swaps and game restorations so this is no big deal.

-c
BBB93

PostPosted: Fri Apr 28, 2006 7:11 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Count me in as one who would be willing to take the game in kit form. Just to be clear, I would prefer that the playfield bottoms and wiring harnesses would be done and the cabinets and heads were already decaled. Give me some assembly photos and the rest should be pretty straight forward. I would also be happy to volunteer my time to assemble more than one.

Bob S
BBB93
CraigC

PostPosted: Fri Apr 28, 2006 7:38 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

supposedly the playfield bottoms and cab art are all complete. it would just be the top assembly, mounting the boards in the backbox, plugging in the harness, flipper buttons and cab parts.

I could probably knock it out in a day if everything is t-nutted and dimpled. maybe slightly longer if it involves template action.

-c
F1 Junkie

PostPosted: Fri Apr 28, 2006 8:11 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I'd be on the road in a heartbeat to go pick up my kit.

Perhaps if one volunteers for a weekend, working on other's machines, they can then take their machine home.
CraigC

PostPosted: Fri Apr 28, 2006 8:21 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

i would totaly do that. I would do a long weekend if i could take my machine home.

-c
RazerX

PostPosted: Fri Apr 28, 2006 11:37 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Right on. I'd be happy to go spend an entire weekend in Bloomington assembling other people's machines if I could take mine home in kit form. I have pleny of experience shopping games, so I bet I could knock out 2-3 easy in a weekend.
Robot #71
F1 Junkie

PostPosted: Fri Apr 28, 2006 1:00 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

This might make an interesting poll question. I'd do it, but I'm not sure how.
briguy

PostPosted: Fri Apr 28, 2006 1:22 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I'm in the Chicagoland area too and I would take a kit. I was planning on re-clear coating my playfield anyways.

How many BBB are staying in Illinois? We can just do a group assemble thing with the BBB kits. I would even be willing to re-clear coat all the Chicago groups playfields if we can do the kit thing.

Brian #25
BBB #25
Bertl

PostPosted: Mon May 01, 2006 12:02 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I would take as kit or as complete machine, if i get one. I am experienced in Capcom machines as i have already restored some.
Brgds
Norbert
Kerry Richard

PostPosted: Mon May 01, 2006 4:31 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Wow...it sounds to me like many are willing to build their own BBB's.

That would certainly free up a lot of time and money for Gene & Company.

Maybe a POLL; "Who would take their game as a kit, w/o warrantee and build it themselves?"

That would be very interesting.

Kerry Richard #111
awarner

PostPosted: Mon May 01, 2006 5:51 pm    Post subject: Reality... Reply with quote

BBB uses like 6 different size screws on the lower playfield alone. I can't imagine how difficult a task it would be for Gene to make sure that every "Kit" had enough screws of the right size to make the thing go together like it needs to, let alone that all of the parts were included and the instructions for installation were clear. I just can't imagine a plan like this REALLY working. I mean, I want my game as soon as possible as well, but I don't see this as a practical solution.

-Al-
Pins and Vids #4 - A New Hoax DVD, Available NOW at www.pinsandvids.com for only $12.00 plus shipping.
CraigC

PostPosted: Mon May 01, 2006 6:00 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

so you're willing to wait 3 years because you might be short a screw?

-c
Mike Hogue

PostPosted: Tue May 02, 2006 4:03 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Picking up your BBB in kit form sounds great for those who live just down the road from Gene and company but......

How about those of us that live a thousand miles away? Do I get whats left of the parts after they've been picked over by the locals? I can just imagine all the extra handeling of parts just to get that perfect piece. Also, do I trust a bunch of different people around all these desirable parts? I believe there was a problem before with loss of inventory and could see this being a huge problem. Sorry.... but I'm just looking out for *everyone* that has a stake in a BBB. Maybe there's middle ground where IPD could assemble all the BBB kits for those that want one. I just don't want the average pin head handeling my parts!

I've trusted Gene from day one. I can wait longer if I have to. Also.... isn't everyone jumping the gun just a bit? I know we haven't had an offical update in awhile, but until I see Kerry post something, I'm not getting too excited one way or another.

Mike
briguy

PostPosted: Tue May 02, 2006 5:32 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

The kit idea had nothing to do with the local BBB owners picking all the best parts or cherry picking the best playfield or cabinet.

The IPB crew already knows what parts are needed to build a BBB. Basically someone from IPB pulls the parts, bags the screws/ hardware and then makes a parts kit. Then the owner of the BBB would get a cabinet, unassembled playfield, wiring harness, boards, instructions/pictures, etc to assemble themselves.

The best thing about the BBB kit is that it benefits everyone. The BBB kit owners would get their parts now. The other BBB owners who wants IPB to assemble the machines would take delivery of their completed machine faster (i.e. - less machines for the IPB crew to build).
BBB #25
Kerry Richard

PostPosted: Tue May 02, 2006 6:00 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Agreed...the kit would be assembled by Gene & Company.

I'm surprised there are not more votes. This seems like an excellent oppertunity for US all! All BBB buyers and Gene & Company.

What I mean by that is;
If the demand for many BBB owners to take their game as a kit, is large, that would surely free up Gene & Co with employees, expenses and time.

That would give Gene maybe 1/3 less games to complete which would equate to tons of saved time & money.

This vote maybe a huge deciding factor. I would encourage all to vote.

My .02
Thanks
Kerry Richard #111
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Big Bang Bar Forum Index -> General Big Bang Bar Discussions All times are GMT - 7 Hours
Goto page 1, 2  Next
Page 1 of 2

Jump to: