Big Bang Bar Forum Index Big Bang Bar
Forum hosted by Robert Winter

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

Has this forum lost its usefulness?

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Big Bang Bar Forum Index -> General Big Bang Bar Discussions
View previous topic :: View next topic  
mushroom

PostPosted: Sat May 06, 2006 11:53 am    Post subject: Has this forum lost its usefulness? Reply with quote

[ADMIN note - this post was removed from another thread and given a new title since it seemed off-topic in the old thread]

I don't see the need for a special "inside information" BBB forum anymore.
Everything we don't get answers to here, is smoothly answered upon on RGP, I might as well start reading RGP again and know more about the BBB machines then I do now.

A quote from RGP :
Well three years is probably an extrapolation based on current
number of workers . . . ***((for example 2 games a week, 180 games total =
90 weeks))***
This only holds true if no workforce is added. I'm guessing Gene's
plan is to get more workers plus volunteers etc . . . Thats not my area of
expertise. I was hired on to get it to work and show how to build the
thing. I have done this. Now comes the wrenching of all the games. As we
work through the last of the production issues things should start
progressing smoothly !
There is no plan for kits currently (although I think its a good
idea . . . I repeat I have Little to NO influence on that decision)
As of this weekend I think there are 8 games off the assembly line.
They are testing everything and I assume those will be boxed up and
warehoused shortly.
TOG and I are doing the vast majority of the assembling on the
games. Several others are working on cabinets and sub assemblies.
Whats your pick date ?? I'm guessing christmas this year
personally . . .
CraigC

PostPosted: Sat May 06, 2006 12:02 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

agreed. whats the point.

-c
robertwinter
Site Admin

PostPosted: Sat May 06, 2006 12:41 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I was kinda surprised to see that on RGP myself. Not that I care if everyone knows, but people on this forum have been waiting for information for a long time.

Not sure why Kerry didn't post that here.
BBB #74
unigroove

PostPosted: Sun May 07, 2006 10:54 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

actually I don't follow rgp at all and only took a look at the Kerry post as it was mentioned here. I see this forum more of an official medium than RGP which is more spectulation than facts usually.
BigBangJoe

PostPosted: Sun May 07, 2006 3:19 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

If I understand Kerry correctly, then there are about 8 machines already finished by now? I would really like to see some pictures of them!!

The IPB guys obviously don't have time to take pictures or post comprehensive updates, so I was wondering if any forum members live nearby enough to go over there and take some pics? If Kerry and Kim and TOG don't have time to post, then we need someone else to go check things out.

The last picture we got was a half testmachine and now 8 prototypes are finished???

We need pictures, and we need them fast!

Joe

By the way, last Saturday my son Thomas was born. Suddenly BBB does not seem that important anymore Very Happy
Kerry Richard

PostPosted: Sun May 07, 2006 5:39 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

BigBangJoe...A huge congrats on your new son.

I have a friend who will adopt your BBB : )

Kerry Richard #111
robertwinter
Site Admin

PostPosted: Sun May 07, 2006 8:26 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Kerry Richard wrote:
BigBangJoe...A huge congrats on your new son.

Yes Joe, a big congratulations on the new arrival! My little girl turned 18 months today!
BBB #74
BBB94

PostPosted: Sun May 07, 2006 8:33 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

The short answer, in my opinion, is no; the forum has not outlived its usefulness.

It has been pretty dull and contentious here lately, but most things tend to ebb and flow. Informative and entertaining topics have been scarce of late. I think the combination of the project being overdue, the lack of regular updates, and other factors have caused a lot of apprehension and frustration amongst people. This has lead to some conflict, especially between the frustrated/apprehensive and the more patient/confident people. If nothing else, I think when we have our machines there will be a lot of good, helpful threads.

I too was surprised and a little disappointed that an update of sorts was provided on RGP and not here, but I think it was to address blatant false statements posted there. I suspect that Kerry is the only project "insider" that spends much time online and perhaps he usually only keeps up on RGP and not the BBB forum.

It seems like the Craig’s List post was by someone that misconstrued information from this forum. I wonder if the post was really from a buyer or a total fraud by someone that knows a buyer. I’m also curious if it was deliberately false just to stir up controversy and/or illicit some sort of response.

I would encourage those people with serious questions or concerns to contact Gene to get answers and to post the responses in the update section. Gene does not read the forum and since Kim has not been posting, I suspect that she rarely (if ever) checks the forum any more. TOG also rarely checks the forum, perhaps mostly because he seems to spend every spare moment he has furthering the project.
mushroom

PostPosted: Mon May 08, 2006 10:50 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Euhm ...
Just for the record : I didn't start this thread, it was an answer from me in another thread and apparently it got separated into a new thread by one of the admins.
My biggest beef at the moment of posting the above mentioned post was that we're all sitting here begging for an update and someone on RGP asks a bunch of silly questions and he gets promptly served.
If it takes long, it takes long, but just tell us instead of keeping us hanging on. I don't buy the "nobody's reading this forum cause we're all too busy", if some of the guys read RGP and they are working on crankin' out the BBB's they surely must be interested in what is going on here too. At least I think so.
Once again : I really love BBB, I much appreciate the effort being put in getting the games done, but if there's something delaying the games just tell us.
Pretty please ??
robertwinter
Site Admin

PostPosted: Mon May 08, 2006 12:40 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

mushroom wrote:
Euhm ...
Just for the record : I didn't start this thread, it was an answer from me in another thread and apparently it got separated into a new thread by one of the admins.

Yes, I clipped your post and those that followed since it was off-topic from the orignal thread. I'll make a notation in your original post.

I'll try to make this more clear if I do any more in the future.
BBB #74
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Big Bang Bar Forum Index -> General Big Bang Bar Discussions All times are GMT - 7 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: