Big Bang Bar Forum Index Big Bang Bar
Forum hosted by Robert Winter

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

OT - Centaur status

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Big Bang Bar Forum Index -> General Big Bang Bar Discussions
View previous topic :: View next topic  
metallik

PostPosted: Wed Jun 07, 2006 10:09 am    Post subject: OT - Centaur status Reply with quote

I know it's OT, but there's not exactly a Centaur forum around... Just wondering what is up? People are starting to badmouth Gene over the Centaur delays... surely a sample playfield could have made it from Canada to Illinois by now? I appreciate the quality checks, but I will go on record right now saying I'd take my playfield based solely on CPR's pics.... it's still 10 times better than what is in my game anyway. Any ETA on the final invoice and/or shipping dates? It'd be a shame if the Gene-bashers can use this to trash IPB, but that is what appears to be happening :( Let's git 'er done.
PINBALL WITCH

PostPosted: Tue Jun 13, 2006 9:21 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Hi,

We are waiting for the sample playfield to arrive. Kevin thought that it would be here by Friday but we are still waiting.

It seems that it is hard for people to understand (RGP) that I would like to see a sample of what I am buying before I send money.

I think they will do a great job. But there has been some misinformation on RGP concerning what is going on. I will not post those matters due to the fact that the issues are between IPB and CPR and need to stay that way.

It is nothing serious just a miscommunication but it slowed everything down.

The boxes are ready the invoices are close to being done it all hinges on when the playfield arrives.

The BBB project is moving forward again.

The playfields looks great and held up well during game play.

The "clear coat" has cured and the "new" company is putting together both the top and bottom of the playfields.

I will have some pictures as soon as Gene looks at them.

kim
CraigC

PostPosted: Tue Jun 13, 2006 11:12 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

great, thanks for the update.

the centaur pictures do look great. hope it works out well for both you and CPR.

-c
BBB93

PostPosted: Tue Jun 13, 2006 12:45 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

PINBALL WITCH wrote:
Hi,
The BBB project is moving forward again.

The playfields looks great and held up well during game play.

The "clear coat" has cured and the "new" company is putting together both the top and bottom of the playfields.

I will have some pictures as soon as Gene looks at them.

kim

Kim, thanks for the update and for a few tidbits of "new" information Very Happy Would love to see some pictures. With the "new" company doing the top and bottom assembly, I hope to still have a chance to come in for a couple weekends of volunteer work. I was looking forward to signing your cabinet Laughing

Bob S
BBB93
metallik

PostPosted: Wed Jun 14, 2006 7:28 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Thanks for the info.. I don't mind waiting on Centaur, just don't like seeing the unnecessary drama and bullshiznit gary seems to always want to start. Heck, I won't have time for a swap til fall most likely.

Re: BBB, If this 'new company' is doing tops AND bottoms, are you still going to need any help at all? I haven't heard anything for a while...

-Larry
PINBALL WITCH

PostPosted: Wed Jun 14, 2006 8:15 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

My thoughts concerning Gary, (this stems from his obsession with trying to talk people out of buying the funhouse playfield)

I will speak to TOG and find out what they are doing.

He is off this week so I will ask him as soon as I see him.

Now that we are moving forward again I would like to ask everyone to email the correct shipping address and game # to me at kim@illinoispinball.com

No we are not ready to ship them out yet.

Mom has all of the paper work done and we just want to double check while she has a "little" free time and make sure all of the addresses are correct. Sometimes the handwritten ones are a little hard to decipher.

Thanks for your help on this matter.

kim
spitlouie

PostPosted: Wed Jun 14, 2006 11:23 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Kim,

Are you referring to BBB and not to the Centaur playfields here ? I will have my playfield shipped to my house but the BBB will probably go to work where there is a loading dock or maybe some other location. Have any arrangements been made with shipping companies.

Thanks
robertwinter
Site Admin

PostPosted: Wed Jun 14, 2006 5:02 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

spitlouie wrote:
Are you referring to BBB and not to the Centaur playfields here ?

I'd assume she's referring to BBB, since she asked for the game number.
BBB #74
spitlouie

PostPosted: Thu Jun 15, 2006 7:01 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Robert, yes I would assume that as well. Do you know if we are going to be responsible for shipping arrangements or is IPB going to handle this. I have two possible locations for shipping (one with a loading dock) and will decide based on cost. I'm sure there are many in the same boat. Thanks
PINBALL WITCH

PostPosted: Thu Jun 15, 2006 2:39 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

At this point I am not sure about the shipping we are just double checking our paperwork at this time.

When they are closer to a shipping date we will let everyone know.

kim
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Big Bang Bar Forum Index -> General Big Bang Bar Discussions All times are GMT - 7 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: