Big Bang Bar Forum Index Big Bang Bar
Forum hosted by Robert Winter

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

June 15, 2006 Update - If there was ever any doubt...
Goto page Previous  1, 2

This forum is locked: you cannot post, reply to, or edit topics.   This topic is locked: you cannot edit posts or make replies.    Big Bang Bar Forum Index -> Progress Updates
View previous topic :: View next topic  
awarner

PostPosted: Fri Jun 16, 2006 6:48 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Nice Update!

Thanks to Kim & Robert for getting this out there. It's a lot easier to "keep the faith" when you get encouragement from time to time.

I've see stuff and I've talked to Gene & crew, and I believed them from the beginning. But when you don't hear anything for a month or so, it still makes you wonder if it will happen on a reasonable timescale.

Very cool.

-Al-
Pins and Vids #4 - A New Hoax DVD, Available NOW at www.pinsandvids.com for only $12.00 plus shipping.
F1 Junkie

PostPosted: Fri Jun 16, 2006 8:13 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I must admit I was feeling a little discouraged, but I'm ALOT better now.

Thanks guys Very Happy
Kerry Richard

PostPosted: Fri Jun 16, 2006 8:22 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

W O W! That's awesome!

Thanks for the picts.

Kerry #111
kstair

PostPosted: Fri Jun 16, 2006 9:44 am    Post subject: Progress Reply with quote

I have to add I didn't mean to cause problems posting to RGP I just didn't like some of the stuff being said there. Bottom line is alot of people have worked very hard on BBB. TOG / Fred has poured his time into this and done a spectacular job of riding herd on everything. Gene and Georgianna have spent hours fretting and worrying about this project and their resolve to see it through regardless of the cost is inspiring ! Kim and Dave and many others have worked their butts off making it all happen. I've been priviledged to help in a small way with this project and am very impressed.
This project will be completed and I think its spectacular !

Many obstacles have been overcome and continue to be overcome on a regular basis. Again I can't say enough on how much Fred and Gene have done to keep this project moving !!

I hope everyone is happy when its said and done. Hopefully Fred will write a book or something about it . . . or maybe Gene and Fred together. Its a great story !!

Sorry I've not been reading the forum or responding. I can barely follow RGP occasionally. Running 2 businesses, coaching 2 hockey teams, looking for a job, BBB , restoring a couple of pinball machines, finishing up several new pinball parts etc . . . I guess I'm saying occasionally I feel busy for some reason . . .

Thanks for your continuing patience. You will be rewarded for it !

Kerry

Mantis Amusements
metallik

PostPosted: Fri Jun 16, 2006 11:56 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Mmmm.. nice pics :) Looks great!

I notice these are 'black' (normal) games. Are black ones being used for intitial testing, or are there some gold/brass ones already done as well? Just curious.. since those are black games, there's a slight chance one of the pictured games would wind up being mine :)
robertwinter
Site Admin

PostPosted: Fri Jun 16, 2006 12:34 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

metallik wrote:
Are black ones being used for intitial testing <snip>

Maybe initial testing has already been completed and these are some of the games off the "in-full-swing" production line.

I only know as much as anyone else here ...
BBB #74
BigBangJoe

PostPosted: Fri Jun 16, 2006 12:52 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

robertwinter wrote:
metallik wrote:
Are black ones being used for intitial testing <snip>

Maybe initial testing has already been completed and these are some of the games off the "in-full-swing" production line.

I only know as much as anyone else here ...

These machines are certainly not built just for testing, but what I guess metallik wants to know, is if these are the official "prototypes", or are these some of the "regular" machines? And if these are not prototypes, does that mean that the 10 prototypes are also already finished? Or are the prototypes not built before the regulars?

Is that what you wanted to know metallik?
robertwinter
Site Admin

PostPosted: Fri Jun 16, 2006 1:10 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I understand the curiosity. Whatever the answer is, this is still a MAJOR milestone.

Remember, Christmas is only 6 months away ... reindeer reindeer reindeer reindeer reindeer reindeer reindeer reindeer
BBB #74
CraigC

PostPosted: Fri Jun 16, 2006 1:19 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

so since we all have to wait untill the full run is done before we can get our machines, can i get a picture of my game when its complete? That way i can hang it up in the space BBB will occupy.

plus it would make a cool thing to frame and put on the wall

Wink

-c
BigBangJoe

PostPosted: Fri Jun 16, 2006 3:05 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Now that we have these first finished (or almost finished) few games, can someone in the know tell us more about a possible delivery date? Did any volunteers help with these machines? If so, then please post your story!

I showed the first picture to some colleagues at work, and suddenly they're not laughing at me anymore sunny
They have a lot of imagination, so I had to endure *a lot* of jokes the past 2 years.

Oh my god I can't stop looking at the pictures. It's like when you have a baby and you can't stop admiring the beauty...
atlfun

PostPosted: Sun Jun 18, 2006 3:41 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I believe Kim has stated that by Expo is a realistic goal. Of course, as we have seen, obstacles come up that slow things down for several weeks like re-clearing the playfields.

I am with Robert, in the sense, that I have told Kim several times that by XMAS would be fantastic. A little selfish because I always have a holiday/gameroom party in December.

I think these photo's have at least tossed "if" out the window and we are certainly only dealing with "when." Great job guys.

Brian
RatherPlayPinball

PostPosted: Mon Jun 19, 2006 4:23 pm    Post subject: EXPO Would be Cool.... Reply with quote

Go TEAM Go! Thanks for the pics and progress, the long hours, low pay, and dedication to getting these pins made. A tribute to all involved.

If these were ready for pickup at Expo, that would be super! One trip to cover all things pinball, EXPO for the brain, and BBB for the soul.

I've already paid IL taxes anticipating pickup over delivery... sure would be cool not to make the trip twice.

Thanks and lets hope it works out that way.

Jack
This forum is locked: you cannot post, reply to, or edit topics.   This topic is locked: you cannot edit posts or make replies.    Big Bang Bar Forum Index -> Progress Updates All times are GMT - 7 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2
Page 2 of 2

Jump to: