Big Bang Bar Forum Index Big Bang Bar
Forum hosted by Robert Winter

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

German BBBs shipped?
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Big Bang Bar Forum Index -> General Big Bang Bar Discussions
View previous topic :: View next topic  
pinsane

PostPosted: Wed Jul 12, 2006 8:16 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Great news! Congrats to the team!

steve SDTM
Walter

PostPosted: Wed Jul 12, 2006 9:54 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

This is great news Kim!

Thanks for the detailed update. Everyone appreciates it.

As someone that works in the semiconductor industry, I can definitely appreciate why you needed to expedite the machines to Europe to avoid any ROHS issues.

Nice job getting ahead of it.

Walter
PINBALL WITCH

PostPosted: Wed Jul 12, 2006 12:10 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Thanks you.

Gene made the shipping arrangements with the help of a company that shall remain nameless at this time Twisted Evil
TOG, his crew and "North" worked really hard to get them completed and working properly and the rest of us helped pull the hardware and pack it, make boxes and file the correct paper work.

It was a very exciting and hectic couple of days.

There were some small issues when the games arrived due to shipping but we are working those out and we hope that everyone that has received a game is enjoying it.

kim
CraigC

PostPosted: Wed Jul 12, 2006 12:31 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Looks like they were packed real well. i'm amazed that all the leg bolts were individualy wrapped. classy.

Does this mean that all overseas BBBs have shipped? or is it just the euro ones?

how many left are there to build?

-c
harrrrrrr

PostPosted: Wed Jul 12, 2006 8:53 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Great news. Christmas in July for our European friends... nice.

john
Mr.Startrek

PostPosted: Fri Jul 14, 2006 2:59 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Hello all,

I would like to post some explanation, as my name was used by somebody Evil or Very Mad (currently do not know who) to post that BBB information in the RGP. You can believe me so far I did not send any pictures of my BBB (all still in the camera) nor did I inform people (only my 2 best pinball friends knew - and I can put my hand in fire for them).
I can fully understand why we Europeans got our games first and fully understood why delivery should be kept secret for a while (I got to know the game coming 5 days in advance).
Unfortunately another German BBB buyer let several people see him unbox his BBB ... and told the spectators that all Germans (including me, who picked all games 600 miles away) got their games. One of these guys Evil or Very Mad seemed to have an interest to blame me as a bad untrustful guy and posted that to rgp - silly!!!
I cannot understand it - I hope to find this Evil or Very Mad guy soon!

I unboxed the BBB in my family (whom I dedicated the plate) without the pinball friends - just to keep it secret ... what a joke!
I will give some info back to Kim soon for improvements on the other games! A great work has been done by Gene, his family and crew!

Martin
BBB94

PostPosted: Sat Aug 05, 2006 12:27 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

It's too bad that one of the EU buyers allowed an untrustworthy "friend" or acquaintance share in this great moment. Clearly the guy went out of his way to cause problems – posting false information under a new ID. I doubt that it had anything to do with unrestrained excitement for the project.

The likelihood of keeping the delivery of a dozen or so machines secret for several months was nil, but it would have been nice if the disclosure had occurred in a more natural non-malicious fashion.

It's too bad too that some of the more faithful here (and to some extent the Forum itself) got a little egg on their face, because we did not know the truth.

BigBangJoe wrote:
However, Kim told us that it was important to keep quiet about this, for YOUR sakes, but we didn't get any details on why that was exactly. I'm a bit disappointed that it only lasted for 2 weeks, but that's not my fault.

Hopefully the leak will not cause a problem for the remaining machines. If there are problems, I’m sure we’ll hear about it on RGP first (for reasons that are understandable, but frustrating) ;-P
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Big Bang Bar Forum Index -> General Big Bang Bar Discussions All times are GMT - 7 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3
Page 3 of 3

Jump to: