Big Bang Bar Forum Index Big Bang Bar
Forum hosted by Robert Winter

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

Funhouse playfield status?
Goto page 1, 2  Next

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Big Bang Bar Forum Index -> All Things Pinball
View previous topic :: View next topic  
CraigC

PostPosted: Mon Jul 31, 2006 2:27 pm    Post subject: Funhouse playfield status? Reply with quote

Kim, whats the story?

-c

Last edited by CraigC on Tue Aug 01, 2006 6:15 am; edited 1 time in total
robertwinter
Site Admin

PostPosted: Mon Jul 31, 2006 7:21 pm    Post subject: Re: funhouse playfields Reply with quote

CraigC wrote:
Kim, whats the story?

Please keep topics on subject. (this post is now irrelevant with the creation of the General Pinball Discussion category)
BBB #74

Last edited by robertwinter on Wed Aug 02, 2006 9:21 am; edited 1 time in total
CraigC

PostPosted: Tue Aug 01, 2006 6:19 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

how's that? Wink I wish there was a better pipeline for IPB information but there isn't. I know they're busy and are probably up to their ears in work...so i figure Kim can answer this at her leisure whenever she gets a chance.

usualy when i call its always busy.

-c

Last edited by CraigC on Tue Aug 01, 2006 7:36 am; edited 1 time in total
jadziedzic

PostPosted: Tue Aug 01, 2006 6:37 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

If you're looking for a better pipeline for information, Alexander Graham Bell invented that quite a long time ago: it's called a telephone. Why don't you simply call Kim and ask her? Each time I've called she's been very polite and helpful. I wouldn't assume that Kim reads this forum very frequently or that she has time to answer here.

Tony
BBB #39
CraigC

PostPosted: Tue Aug 01, 2006 6:54 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Called kim, things are good. Wink Looks like playfields (Centaur and FH) will be out soon, both should be within a month.

Things are going swimmingly with BBB too new playfield assembly folks seem to be on the ball and chugging along.

Thanks Kim!

-c
metallik

PostPosted: Tue Aug 01, 2006 11:01 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

um.. centaur is shipping right now. Freeman already got his, mine should arrive tomorrow :)
CraigC

PostPosted: Tue Aug 01, 2006 11:41 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Yah Centaur is being gone through now. once that's done they'll be sending out the FH invoices.

-c
harrrrrrr

PostPosted: Tue Aug 01, 2006 12:30 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Ok... sorry to continue OT but I hope someone in the BBB group might have a suggestion on this. Does anyone know a resource for t-nutting and dimpling the FH playfields? I don't have the ability to do this and am hoping it might be done by someone... any thoughts/suggestions? Otherwise... it may just hang on the wall Sad

Robert... I did mention BBB Wink

john
CraigC

PostPosted: Tue Aug 01, 2006 1:08 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Stay on target....stay on target.... Wink

you can do it yourself. get yourself some sharp bits and go to it. make a template from your old playfield with tracing paper and cut out all the scoop holes and other things to help registration. DO NOT USE THE ART IN ANY WAY TO HELP LOCATE HOLES. you can use an awl to poke the center of the holes and come back and line everything up later. for the pop bumpers you'll need a counter sink bit but you can get those from HD or menards.

for T nutting all you have to do is drill the right sized hole for the T nut to sit into. then hammer it into the back. you may need a few new (sharper) t nuts so it will pierce the wood better.

take your time and you'll do fine

http://www.mantisamusements.com/projects/mb5.htm

-c

harrrrrrr wrote:
Ok... sorry to continue OT but I hope someone in the BBB group might have a suggestion on this. Does anyone know a resource for t-nutting and dimpling the FH playfields? I don't have the ability to do this and am hoping it might be done by someone... any thoughts/suggestions? Otherwise... it may just hang on the wall Sad

Robert... I did mention BBB Wink

john
jadziedzic

PostPosted: Tue Aug 01, 2006 2:19 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

harrrrrrr wrote:
john

Chris Hutchins mentioned on rec.games.pinball that he was considering offering a service to prep Funhouse playfields when they're completed by IPB. Might be worth a Google search from the past month or two.

Tony
BBB #39
harrrrrrr

PostPosted: Wed Aug 02, 2006 8:49 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

... thanks for the kind replies... back on target... so looking forward to my BBB Wink

john
CraigC

PostPosted: Wed Aug 02, 2006 8:51 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

harrrrrrr wrote:
... thanks for the kind replies... back on target... so looking forward to my BBB Wink

john

I'll be doing a friend of mines as well as mine at my place if you're local to chicago. and want to swing by

-c
robertwinter
Site Admin

PostPosted: Wed Aug 02, 2006 9:18 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

As you can see, this topic has been moved into a new category for anything not relating to BBB. So post away!
BBB #74
harrrrrrr

PostPosted: Wed Aug 02, 2006 8:04 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Craig,

thanks for the kind offer. I'm in Minneapolis... . bit of a trek to Chicago. But it may be possible. How much time do you think it would take to do one of the playfields?

John
CraigC

PostPosted: Thu Aug 03, 2006 6:40 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

prolly 2 hours not including doing the swap. Supposedly we're getting templates with our playfields but these only match one of the 3 playfields that IPB had so basicly they are all not exactly the same. IMHO if you like the way yours plays then make a template off of your game instead of trusting the template that Kim will send you....unless of course that template lines up with your holes. I know theres a few things that i will change when i drill the new holes for my game....the guide to the left of the post between rudy and the hidden hallway is too far out so i'll locate this closer to relieve the gap.

-c
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Big Bang Bar Forum Index -> All Things Pinball All times are GMT - 7 Hours
Goto page 1, 2  Next
Page 1 of 2

Jump to: