Big Bang Bar Forum Index Big Bang Bar
Forum hosted by Robert Winter

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

TECH: Flipper Strength setting

View previous topic :: View next topic  

What Flipper Strength setting did you opt for?
1-6
0%
 0%  [ 0 ]
0%
 0%  [ 0 ]
0%
 0%  [ 0 ]
21%
 21%  [ 3 ]
35%
 35%  [ 5 ]
21%
 21%  [ 3 ]
14%
 14%  [ 2 ]
7%
 7%  [ 1 ]
0%
 0%  [ 0 ]
15-16
0%
 0%  [ 0 ]
Total Votes : 14

BBB94

PostPosted: Sat Aug 05, 2006 3:06 am    Post subject: TECH: Flipper Strength setting Reply with quote

What Flipper Strength setting did you select with new flippers?

If you use anything other than the standard playfield pitch please note that in a post.

The factory default is "14".

Polls only allow 10 answers, so I had to group the top and bottom. I thought precise numbers in the likely range outwieghed the benefit of covering the extremes more closely.

Last edited by BBB94 on Wed Aug 09, 2006 7:27 am; edited 2 times in total
unigroove

PostPosted: Sat Aug 05, 2006 4:08 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I figured there is no need to hammer the ball around. The shot that needs the most power is making the ramp. At strength 8 I could not make the ramp, at 9 I could easily.
Swann

PostPosted: Sun Aug 06, 2006 10:47 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I do want to be able to "occasionally" do a backhand up the ramp when there's enough moving-energy in the ball. Also when the game get's a bit dirty it should still be able to make the ramp-shoot, so.... my vote says 11 (of cause damaged plastics is something one wants to avoid, so raising it above the default doesn't feel that good)

Side-question; What about Dartz-strenght, anyone tried different strenght there?
BBB #79 has arrived here in Stockholm, Sweden!
unigroove

PostPosted: Mon Aug 07, 2006 5:10 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

At flipper strength 9 I still can make an easy backflip up the ramp with the ball in motion. Dartz strenth is also 9 on my game. 8 resulted in sdtm's, 9 is enough to have the ball gently dropped on the left flipper.
Swann

PostPosted: Mon Aug 07, 2006 5:38 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Thanx, I'll try 9 for Dartz, ....but will keep 11 on the flippers (maybe 10, but I thought 9 really feels too weak)
BBB #79 has arrived here in Stockholm, Sweden!
BBB94

PostPosted: Mon Aug 07, 2006 6:49 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Is Dartz strength 1-16 also? Are the settings ranges accurately covered in the manual? What adjustment or setting numbers are these in the software menu? Are there other settings like these of a mechanical function nature where these polls could be useful in quickly getting the game to work correctly and not beat itself up and/or quickly identify problems (i.e. if someone has a new game or rebuilds the flippers and it takes 14 to backhand the ramp - maybe something is wrong)? Someone that doesn't want to take the time to experiment with settings can just use the median average setting. If no one else starts a Dartz setting poll, I will once the setting's range has been made known.
BBB94

PostPosted: Sun Jun 03, 2007 11:35 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I've only played like 10 games on mine, and have not bothered to analyze different flipper strengths yet. I set them at 10 and can make the ramp easily. I won't vote until I get a bit more scientific.

Hey Robert, maybe these Tech polls would be more useful and easily found if moved to the Tech section?
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Big Bang Bar Forum Index -> Polls All times are GMT - 7 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: