Big Bang Bar Forum Index Big Bang Bar
Forum hosted by Robert Winter

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

Delivery?

View previous topic :: View next topic  

Would You Put Your hand Up to Be in the Last Batch??
No, deliver them all at once
32%
 32%  [ 8 ]
No, I would want to be in the early delivery
20%
 20%  [ 5 ]
Yes, I would wait until the end
4%
 4%  [ 1 ]
Yes, but only if an indication of remaining timeframes was given first
20%
 20%  [ 5 ]
I don't really care, I'm enjoying the wait
24%
 24%  [ 6 ]
Total Votes : 25

latecomer

PostPosted: Tue Sep 12, 2006 7:40 pm    Post subject: Delivery? Reply with quote

If there was a choice for the buyers to agree to allow some machines to be delivered, would you volunteer to wait until the end? Just asking for my own curiosity. Seems to be a fairly vocal group who "just can't wait" (and given what we've seen of the quality of the Euro ones, I don't blame them Smile ) and a pretty big majority who don't seem to say much at all. Is it because the majority are really patient? I am confident PMI has good reasons to wait until they are all finished and I am not after a war, just curious to see the thoughts and a poll lets the majoriity show their hand without showing who they are.
Vegemite Nick #123
bspins

PostPosted: Wed Sep 13, 2006 2:31 pm    Post subject: Re: Delivery? Reply with quote

I feel the ones going to Australia should be the last to ship seeing as they're about the farthest away.

Oh, I'm just kidding, Nick. I've got no reason to come here anymore other than to give people sh*t.

latecomer wrote:
If there was a choice for the buyers to agree to allow some machines to be delivered, would you volunteer to wait until the end? Just asking for my own curiosity. Seems to be a fairly vocal group who "just can't wait" (and given what we've seen of the quality of the Euro ones, I don't blame them Smile ) and a pretty big majority who don't seem to say much at all. Is it because the majority are really patient? I am confident PMI has good reasons to wait until they are all finished and I am not after a war, just curious to see the thoughts and a poll lets the majoriity show their hand without showing who they are.

Bryan Kelly Former BBB #123
latecomer

PostPosted: Wed Sep 13, 2006 2:34 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I expect nothing less from you Mr Kelly Smile
Vegemite Nick #123
awarner

PostPosted: Wed Sep 13, 2006 4:15 pm    Post subject: The Deal as I know it... Reply with quote

When I interviewed Gene he told me that the only fair way to ship them was to ship them at once. They did NOT keep track of the order. Also, since certified checks were required, it would be difficult to be sure who sent first. Example: A friend of mine works from home. He got his letter the day before me. 45 minutes from when he got the letter, he had his payment in FedEx. Friends, there is no way that I could do this. Does that make me less deserving? I had my payment out the day after I got the letter. It was the best I could do. I used my lunch hour up. I suspect another reason for the "All at once" thing, but that is just a theory on the part of a couple of us (PM me for my OPINION).

-Al-
Pins and Vids #4 - A New Hoax DVD, Available NOW at www.pinsandvids.com for only $12.00 plus shipping.
pmwolf3

PostPosted: Wed Sep 13, 2006 6:56 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Look, I'd even be happy with some sort of funky "lottery", too.

Like, put all the numbers in a hat, draw out 20 (or whatever is done and ready to go)...and that's who gets the first batch. When 20 more get done, draw out 20 more numbers...and so on, and so on.

Blind....stinking....luck. That way we all avoid the "well, I signed up first/paid first/picked a lower number/have more hair on my back" stuff.

I'd be perfectly fine with others getting their machines before me. It's not like I'm pissed off because Europe has theirs, and I wouldn't be pissed off if a couple people in California, Colorado, New York, or Michigan got theirs before me also. At least I'd know if was just luck of the draw, and that some more were going out.

I'm also fine waiting until they are all done..but it would be friggin' nice to get an update sometime this year.

As far as the "lottery" idea goes (and others), I'm realistic enough to know that absolutely nothing suggested here will factor into the delivery decisions whatsoever. I think they are going to do what they think is best, and that is the end of that.

Pete Mathis
alienagent

PostPosted: Thu Sep 14, 2006 9:27 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I am prepared to wait if some system of determining who gets their machine first is used-
I'm okay with a draw, or shipping them by number or by who paid or whatever other system is used, I just think it makes sense to ship the machines that are already complete. Exclamation
pbgarage

PostPosted: Thu Sep 14, 2006 9:43 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

It _would_be nice to ship those that require shipping in a
timely manner.

Best reasoning is because of the new, higher shipping charges... Sad
CARGPB#8
+++++++++++
Kronis

PostPosted: Thu Sep 14, 2006 6:15 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

pbgarage wrote:
It _would_be nice to ship those that require shipping in a
timely manner.

Best reasoning is because of the new, higher shipping charges... Sad

Eh ? What are you referring to ? Gas prices are cheaper- jetfuel and fares are expected to drop, even during the upcoming holiday period.

So, barring some new and previously "unforeseen" regulation, as the one affecting our European brothers, I think shipping costs are a minor concern for determining date of deliver.

Let IPB finish- every second Kim or TOG are responding to our calls or message board posts, the games aren't being worked on.

BBB #21
latecomer

PostPosted: Thu Sep 21, 2006 3:08 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Thanks to those that responded. Interestingly that many responded they want them delivered in one lot or would wait until the end if necessary given the cloice, and some are enjoying the suspense! I'll admit to being one of the ones that voted to be enjoying the wait, but like a few, would love to hear the odd bit of info like "37 complete" or whatever. Anyway, all good things come to he who waits like they say.

Regards
Nick
Vegemite Nick #123
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Big Bang Bar Forum Index -> Polls All times are GMT - 7 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: