Big Bang Bar Forum Index Big Bang Bar
Forum hosted by Robert Winter

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

August 27, 2005 update with pictures
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5  Next

This forum is locked: you cannot post, reply to, or edit topics.   This topic is locked: you cannot edit posts or make replies.    Big Bang Bar Forum Index -> Progress Updates
View previous topic :: View next topic  
bspins

PostPosted: Mon Aug 29, 2005 5:41 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

YOU HAVE SAMPLE, DECALED CABINETS THAT SOME ANAL COLLECTOR, much like myself, SAYS LOOK NICE ENOUGH FOR HIM AND YOU WON'T POST PICS UNTIL LATER THIS WEEK?????????????

YOU'RE KILLIN US HERE, KIM, YOU'RE KILLIN US HERE.
Bryan Kelly Former BBB #123
awarner

PostPosted: Mon Aug 29, 2005 5:55 pm    Post subject: Opinion: Conflicts over pictures... Reply with quote

Hey Kim,

Pinheads are some of the most picky and ultimately obnoxious people I've ever known. That said, I'm one of them.

They will take the slightest thing and go nuts over it. Anyway, it's been a long time since pictures and they were hon-gree!

Like I've said before there is a lot of money being put on the line and we are all pretty nervous. It might be best to explain stuff a little more.

Not showing pictures will make everyone anxious and speculation will be worse.

I'm hoping for a happy ending to all of this.

Thanks for the update - I was glad to see it!

-Al-
Pins and Vids #4 - A New Hoax DVD, Available NOW at www.pinsandvids.com for only $12.00 plus shipping.
robertwinter
Site Admin

PostPosted: Mon Aug 29, 2005 5:58 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

bspins wrote:
YOU HAVE SAMPLE, DECALED CABINETS THAT SOME ANAL COLLECTOR, much like myself, SAYS LOOK NICE ENOUGH FOR HIM AND YOU WON'T POST PICS UNTIL LATER THIS WEEK?????????????

YOU'RE KILLIN US HERE, KIM, YOU'RE KILLIN US HERE.

C'mon Bryan - you know good "wood" requires some foreplay!
BBB #74
Kerry Richard

PostPosted: Mon Aug 29, 2005 7:33 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I too have decaled many games. I was concerned about cabinet condition as I saw and read thru these posts.

However, after reading Kim's recent post about an anal pinhead being happy with either 2 of the decaled cabs. I'M STOKED!

Thanks Kim (and all) for the great work and care in this awesome project!

Kerry Richard #111
djb_rh

PostPosted: Mon Aug 29, 2005 8:11 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I'm stoked. I'll shut up now. If my cabinet isn't up to my standards when I get it, well, I'll call and order another set of decals. But I'm comfortable that won't be likely.

Thanks for the updates, Kim. Keep 'em coming and we'll try *really* hard to not nitpick. Really. We promise.

--Donnie
View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website AIM Address Yahoo Messenger
runner1717

PostPosted: Mon Aug 29, 2005 9:09 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Hey Kim,

Anytime you post pictures they're going to be digested and discussion WILL follow.

I personally just wanted to make sure that Churchill wasn't tring to pass crappy stuff off to Gene. I think they know he's desperate (after waiting 8 months) and since he's not a big customer (like Stern) they just might not care........

Nice job with the camera. Why don't you take a picture of those big..............................smiles of yours and post them for everyone to see!
greg_888

PostPosted: Tue Aug 30, 2005 2:28 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

runner1717 wrote:

Nice job with the camera. Why don't you take a picture of those big..............................smiles of yours and post them for everyone to see!

l'm confused
which site have l joined ????Confused... has Robert put in a adult section??Shocked

l have not seen pic's of Kim... but l'm glad she has big......... smiles
but really this many guys talking about" wood" l hope pic's of that don't follow

thanks Kim, and regardless of whats said ( good/bad/)
l know that l am enjoying the fact that you are posting
both text and pic updates.
keep it up... no pun intended...well maybe a little pun Embarassed

Greg
BigBangJoe

PostPosted: Tue Aug 30, 2005 2:46 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

As I'm a decal/cabinet/restoring/... newbie (I just want to play the damn things), can anyone explain these two quotes for me?
Quote:
No screening on the rear is a real bummer as well.............

What does screening actually mean? I thought that meant that artwork is printed directly on the wood instead of on stickers. Surely there is no artwork on the back of BBB? If I look at the back of my TAF, I see nothing special. What do you expect to see there?

Quote:
I think the concern was the areas that would not get decals, like the top and back of the backbox and the rear and inside areas of the main cabinet.

As you never see the top, rear, bottom or inside of the cabinet, why is it important that these are perfect? If the top is plain purple and the bottom, inside and back are not painted at all, then that's fine for me, as they won't be visible anyway. OK, I can maybe understand the back, because you could put the machine in a place where the back is visible, but even then plain slightly imperfect purple is fine, or not?

As for the decals, if the guys applying them have the same knowledge and experience as you guys do, then I'm pretty sure they will do whatever is necessary to avoid any problems.

If I understand correctly, *ALL* necessary parts are now actually in, so there's nothing holding PMI back anymore? Then I think we have some exciting weeks coming up

baaiz,
Joe
pinball-sales

PostPosted: Tue Aug 30, 2005 5:09 am    Post subject: Progress Reply with quote

I think the more time spent taking pictures, replying to emails and watching forums, slows down the project.

I would do what needs to be done, and post pics as you are happy with items you wish to show us.

Maybe a regular weekly text or monthly picture update would do the job.

regards
PINBALL WITCH

PostPosted: Tue Aug 30, 2005 6:43 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

It does take time to do all of the above, so what I am going to ask ya'll
to do is make me a list of what you want me to check for.
After I get off work tomorrow nite I will go down and double check everything that is on the list, and get back sometime Thursday.
And remember pictures of big.................smiles go both ways Twisted Evil
the witch
jadziedzic

PostPosted: Tue Aug 30, 2005 7:14 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

BigBangJoe wrote:
What does screening actually mean? I thought that meant that artwork is printed directly on the wood instead of on stickers. Surely there is no artwork on the back of BBB? If I look at the back of my TAF, I see nothing special. What do you expect to see there?baaiz,
Joe

Screening refers to the silk-screen process whereby images are "printed" onto a surface by squeezing paint (or ink) through fine mesh silk screens. This is the process that is used to apply artwork to the playfield, plastics, cabinet decals, etc. You can do a Web search to find out more specifics of how the process actually works. It was shown on the History Channel "Toolbox" show that featured the Stern Pinball factory.

The prototype BBBs had silk-screened cabinets; the PMI games will have silk-screened decals applied to the cabinet (an approach Williams used for their final production games).

With respect to the screening comments in this thread, the rear of a pinball back box typically has silk-screened text to the effect of "Don't move the game with the back box in the upright position". Your TAF should have this warning notice in yellow; it's possible someone *may* have just sprayed the rear of the back box when "shopping" the game. It would have been a nice touch to have it on BBB, but it's rather unimportant compared to the cosmetics of the game that you *do* see.

Tony
BBB #39
nitrodude

PostPosted: Tue Aug 30, 2005 9:21 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

@ Kim
You might want to hold off on those new pictures for a wile. Cool

Tha've ben BAD, complaining about the bottems of back boxes and cabnets wraped in shiping plastic. Not a good thing to do!

Paybacks are a Witch and the Witch has the pictures Evil or Very Mad
...and all of the pinball toys Exclamation

I'm glad you guys finely got the cabnets.
Say hi to evreyone including Spuds and Daisey.
BigBangJoe

PostPosted: Tue Aug 30, 2005 9:41 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

[quote="jadziedzic"]
BigBangJoe wrote:
Your TAF should have this warning notice in yellow; it's possible someone *may* have just sprayed the rear of the back box when "shopping" the game. Tony

The yellow notice is indeed there, but I didn't know what I was looking for. Thanks for the clarification.
PINBALL WITCH

PostPosted: Tue Aug 30, 2005 9:47 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Paybacks are a Witch and the Witch has the pictures Evil or Very Mad
Very clever Twisted Evil!!!!!!!!!
kim
CraigC

PostPosted: Tue Aug 30, 2005 10:26 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

i wouldnt sweat the text on the backbox being missing. We could just get a screen made and screen them ourselves. I can get one made in chicago for < $50. and the ink is pretty cheap also....then again it would be a lot easier if this was done when all the machines were together.

Kim, what if X number of people payed $50 each to get the backbox screened? Would it be worth it for you to do this? or get someone to do this? It's about $60 in materials to do all the machines.

-c
This forum is locked: you cannot post, reply to, or edit topics.   This topic is locked: you cannot edit posts or make replies.    Big Bang Bar Forum Index -> Progress Updates All times are GMT - 7 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5  Next
Page 4 of 5

Jump to: