Big Bang Bar Forum Index Big Bang Bar
Forum hosted by Robert Winter

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

Pins and Vids #2 - The Time Problem...

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Big Bang Bar Forum Index -> All Things Pinball
View previous topic :: View next topic  

What do I do about Pins and Vids #2 running too long?
Cut 15 (or more) of Gene's 45 minutes on his history and BBB
4%
 4%  [ 1 ]
Do the same as above but create a special edition just for BBB people with less "Other" stuff
12%
 12%  [ 3 ]
Create a 2-Disc set That sells for $10.00 (Instead of 1 disc at $6.00) (US)
84%
 84%  [ 21 ]
Substantially cut everything to run shorter
0%
 0%  [ 0 ]
Total Votes : 25

awarner

PostPosted: Sun Oct 08, 2006 10:47 am    Post subject: Pins and Vids #2 - The Time Problem... Reply with quote

Hey Everyone,

I decided that I should put all of the clips I have for Pins and Vids #2 into a single video to see what I have for time. Without any intro or outros, I'm at 1:55. This is a problem. I've attached a poll to this to get a feeling for what you think I should do. Written opinions work as well...

-Al-

PS - Remember that Tim Arnold duplicates the DVDs and sends them out. All of the profits go to the Pinball Hall of Fame in Las Vegas so this is NOT about money for me.

PPS - I prolly have 30 more minutes of stuff I will be getting from other people or could add.
Pins and Vids #4 - A New Hoax DVD, Available NOW at www.pinsandvids.com for only $12.00 plus shipping.
pmwolf3

PostPosted: Sun Oct 08, 2006 11:42 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Before I say to cut the "other stuff"....exactly what is IN the other stuff?
awarner

PostPosted: Sun Oct 08, 2006 4:54 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Quote:
Before I say to cut the "other stuff"....exactly what is IN the other stuff?

Auction buying tips, A cool pinball Bonfire, Baby Pac runnning on a PC, Todd Tuckey of TNT (Careful - he's on this forum), Some video clip from my friend Mark Davidson on Modding Video Games(I haven't seen), Battletech Pods at a friend's house, some comedy bits. Oh and some BBB suprises!

The poll seems to be leaning toward the 2 disc set. This has the advantage of better quality as well (less compression of the source).

Now I just have to talk Tim into it...

-Al-
Pins and Vids #4 - A New Hoax DVD, Available NOW at www.pinsandvids.com for only $12.00 plus shipping.
awarner

PostPosted: Wed Oct 11, 2006 10:22 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

My thinking right now is to release 2 different discs. I would do a BBB Special edition that would include the bulk of what I have in relationship to BBB and the standard disc that would include some of the stuff.

I would guess that the BBB edition would be all BBB and run 1.5 hrs. The standard edition would include maybe 3/4 hour of the BBB material.

I've been really fighting this decision because I really want all of the material in people's hands. Since the PHOF gets ALL of the money and produces the discs, there are still some details to work out with Tim Arnold.

I think a BBB special edition would be cooler though and I think people less interested in the project will be more inclined to buy Pins & Vids 2 if it's more generic. The video game content is rather weak as is. I'm waiting on a piece from Mark Davidson on modding video games.

We will also do different tween parts for the BBB disc. These are the Intros and Outros. We'll prolly use some of the comedy bits as well. I have just recently re-edited Gene announcing BBB at Expo 2004. I have Clay Harrel's footage as well as my own and I was able to experiment with editing a 2 camera shoot using the new version of Premier.

I think this will better satisfy the goals of the video.

-Al-
awarner

PostPosted: Mon Nov 13, 2006 12:28 pm    Post subject: The Resolution Reply with quote

I thought about this long and hard and decided that Pins and Vids 2 will not have ANY BBB material. I will be including the 8 minute non-BBB talk that I did with Gene in November of last year, but I will be holding all BBB stuff for Pins and Vids #3 - Revenge of the Myth - The History of Big Bang Bar. Yes, it will be it's own video and will have all sorts of stuff in it including Stan F's art show, Interviews with Gene and Kerry, all kinds of cool stuff.

It will be released after the games ship and will be $6.00 and available from Tim Arnold.

It will be a little different in format, but trust me, it will be awesome.

More as it happens!

-Al-
mushroom

PostPosted: Tue Nov 14, 2006 8:58 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Sign me up already !! Smile
BBB94

PostPosted: Thu Nov 16, 2006 12:04 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Sounds like a great solution Al.
awarner

PostPosted: Fri Nov 17, 2006 6:17 am    Post subject: I'm in IL! Reply with quote

I just drove up to IL from GA yesterday/today. I'm less than an hour away in a hotel (in Champagne). I'll be shooting pictures and video of the BBB final assembly facility today. I also hope to pick up some more non-BBB stuff for Pins and Vids #2 since Gene's talk on #2 is about 8 minutes now.

I plan to just run a ton of tape. It's always better to have a lot of stuff to choose from.

Cool!

-Al-
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Big Bang Bar Forum Index -> All Things Pinball All times are GMT - 7 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: