Big Bang Bar Forum Index Big Bang Bar
Forum hosted by Robert Winter

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

UPDATES with pictures from 10/14/2006

This forum is locked: you cannot post, reply to, or edit topics.   This topic is locked: you cannot edit posts or make replies.    Big Bang Bar Forum Index -> Progress Updates
View previous topic :: View next topic  
briguy

PostPosted: Sun Oct 15, 2006 12:14 pm    Post subject: UPDATES with pictures from 10/14/2006 Reply with quote

These are pictures from the BBB factory tour on 10/14/2006.

Go to our website: www.hsapinball.com and click on the "Capcom" icon on the BOTTOM of the main web page. Enjoy.

We saw about 20-30 complete or almost completed games at the BBB factory. Gene said all the completed BOXED games were moved into other warehouses (in case of a fire). Games will be shipped when ALL are finished. If your game is #104, 120, 121, 123, 124, 22, 35, 1, 3, 81, 83, 84, or 85 then your game is almost ready to be boxed up. We got to play the #1 gold machine that is pictured on our website. It plays very nice. The quality of the machines are better than the original prototypes. We did see Gene's original Capcom BBB and the new ones just blow it away.

Production numbers: Gene did not tell us exact numbers but I can tell you that Gene said 220 playfields were made. I counted 87 bare playfields on his playfield rack. I believe Gene is trying to make 182 games and I also know that around 20-25 were shipped overseas. So:

220 playfields made minus 182 needed for machines = 38 extras.
87 playfields still on rack minus 38 extra ones = 49 needed for production.

Gene said one playfield got stolen so that leaves about 50 playfields that still need to be assembled. So I would guess about 100 machines are done, 30 or so in production and 50 that have not been started yet.

I can not see all of them being done by X-mas so my best guess would be around April 2007. The BBB will be well worth the wait.

I would like to thank Gene and Kim for all the questions/answers and for the 1/2 hour BBB tour. Great job on the machines.
BBB #25
latecomer

PostPosted: Sun Oct 15, 2006 1:37 pm    Post subject: Re: UPDATES with pictures from 10/14/2006 Reply with quote

briguy wrote:
If your game is #104, 120, 121, 123,

Did someone say 123?

Thanks for the update!

Regards
Nick
Vegemite Nick #123
latecomer

PostPosted: Sun Oct 15, 2006 1:44 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Oh man, I posted that while the photos were loading -

"BBB #123

Here is Nick's Game"

Boy, have you made my day (week, month and year)!!!!
Vegemite Nick #123
pmwolf3

PostPosted: Sun Oct 15, 2006 2:18 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Yeah, I was bummed to see #104. (I'm #103). So.....close!!!

Looks great...thanks for the update (and detective work!).

Did you know in advance that the "tour" was an option? Are they going to allow another tour sometime in the future? (I mean, just for buyers...)

Later!
Pete
briguy

PostPosted: Sun Oct 15, 2006 2:26 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Pete,

I did not know about the tour but we were going to ask to see the BBB factory anyways. I had my camera in the car but it had a low battery. I would have taken more pictures but my battery died.

A lot of games did not have any numbers on them. Most of the games in the 80's seem to be grouped together and then the low 100's games were in a bunch. Your game could have been one of the ones without a name plate.

The tour consisted of the pictures you see plus we saw the sanding room, the clear coating area, the FH and 8Ball playfields, and the metal molds.

The Williams pinball parts were in a different building so we did not see any of that.

-Brian-
BBB #25
BBB93

PostPosted: Sun Oct 15, 2006 2:32 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I Didn't know about a tour before hand, but was certainly hoping I could somehow get one while in Bloomington. As it turned out, I no sooner got to the show, and a tour had just left for PMI. I was on my way lickidy split. Shocked PMI was only about 1.5 miles from where the NAPPA show was held.

Thanks for the photos, I was kicking myself the whole time because I had forgot my camera. Crying or Very sad

Bob S.
BBB93
bbb96

PostPosted: Sun Oct 15, 2006 3:55 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Briguy

Thanks for the pictures. Things look like they are going very well!

- Jeff
Big Bang Bar #96
pmwolf3

PostPosted: Sun Oct 15, 2006 4:21 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

You know, the thing that got lost in all this is:

****HOLY CRAP!!! That's a LOT of BBB's in one spot!!!****

Well, at least, that was my thought. Pretty cool to see that many machines. I'm sure there have never been more BBB's in one location.
Bertl

PostPosted: Mon Oct 16, 2006 11:38 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Seems TOG and his crew have done a lot of work in the last months. When i was visiting them in July, only a few machines have been finished, but a lot were in assembling process.

Brgds
Norbert
This forum is locked: you cannot post, reply to, or edit topics.   This topic is locked: you cannot edit posts or make replies.    Big Bang Bar Forum Index -> Progress Updates All times are GMT - 7 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: