Big Bang Bar Forum Index Big Bang Bar
Forum hosted by Robert Winter

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

Where's Kerry???
Goto page 1, 2  Next

This forum is locked: you cannot post, reply to, or edit topics.   This topic is locked: you cannot edit posts or make replies.    Big Bang Bar Forum Index -> Progress Updates
View previous topic :: View next topic  
runner1717

PostPosted: Mon Dec 12, 2005 4:49 pm    Post subject: Where's Kerry??? Reply with quote

It's been almost a month since we heard anything from Kerry.

Could it be:

1) He's lost interest and doesn't care anymore?

2) He's departed this world for the next?

3) He's fired/quit?

4) He's so damn busy with BBB he can't see straight enough to read a computer screen at the end of his 20 hour day?

Personally, I'm hoping 4!
awarner

PostPosted: Mon Dec 12, 2005 4:55 pm    Post subject: Kerry's Arm... Reply with quote

If you watch my second video clip, you'll see Kerry's Arm during the playfield pull-out. He was busy working on sample "Stage" playfields when I was there, but I would guess he's on the next phase now. Kerry! Pop in and say "Hi!".

-Al-
Pins and Vids #4 - A New Hoax DVD, Available NOW at www.pinsandvids.com for only $12.00 plus shipping.
BBB93

PostPosted: Mon Dec 12, 2005 5:02 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Last week there was a post from Kerry on rgp, he seemed very optimistic about the project, and debunked any idea that his interest has diminished.

Bob Stemmler #93
PINBALL WITCH

PostPosted: Mon Dec 12, 2005 5:35 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Kerry is extremely busy between the bbb and his businesses and his family, so if you don't hear from him know that he is still with the project and is kept quite busy by all of his commitments.

kim
kstair

PostPosted: Tue Dec 13, 2005 3:54 pm    Post subject: Are you kidding ???? . . . . Reply with quote

What . . . busy you say . . . running an amusement company right before Christmas . . . Surely you jest (and stop calling me shirley)

Between coaching 2 hockey teams, BBB, and my two businesses as well as volunteer work at the church doing camera, lighting and sound . . . well busy doesn't quite cover it . . .

My truck died this week so I'm at the office catching up this next day or two until my partner . . . er um truck is back

BBB proceeds forward. 10 sample playfields are almost done. Hopefully those 10 will be tested and complete on the bottom before Christmas.

Production is pretty much set up and running here for the bottoms. Starting the tops in Bloomington and maintaining Quality and testing up here in Chicago covers the next few weeks . . .

Pics should exist somewhere . . . I haven't been taking many as I'm too busy trying to find little odds and ends that for some reason ended up in the strangest place.

Be of good cheer . . . things are going well and a toast to all those waiting patiently. This will be the last Christmas you won't have a BBB to play . . .

Kerry

Mantis Amusements
sellenoff

PostPosted: Tue Dec 13, 2005 8:14 pm    Post subject: Re: Are you kidding ???? . . . . Reply with quote

kstair wrote:
This will be the last Christmas you won't have a BBB to play . . .

Kerry

That has got to be one of the coolest things I've ever heard someone say!!
latecomer

PostPosted: Tue Dec 13, 2005 8:17 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Thanks for the update Kerry, and Merry Christmas to you and yours.

Regards
Latecomer
Vegemite Nick #123
Swann

PostPosted: Wed Dec 14, 2005 12:45 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Thanks Kerry.

Sounds really really great!!!! Don't overwork yourself now (I do know how it is with too many projects running... it takes its toll). Merry Christmas to you from Sweden!
BBB #79 has arrived here in Stockholm, Sweden!
PINBALL WITCH

PostPosted: Wed Dec 14, 2005 4:55 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Kerry Darlin

WELCOME TO MY LIFE Wink
kstair

PostPosted: Thu Dec 15, 2005 8:02 am    Post subject: Been There Done That Reply with quote

Yea . . . well been there done that . . . got the shirt

Probably would still have the shirt if it weren't for that ugly dive bomber accident . . . If I ever catch that seagull . . . well if you're there I hope you just turn away

Kerry

Mantis Amusements
pinballcat

PostPosted: Sat Dec 24, 2005 8:43 am    Post subject: Re: Are you kidding ???? . . . . Reply with quote

kstair wrote:

This will be the last Christmas you won't have a BBB to play . . .
Kerry

Good to hear......now this Christmas can come! Next Christmas hopefully I can play my own BBB!

Karin
latecomer

PostPosted: Tue Dec 12, 2006 4:22 am    Post subject: Re: Are you kidding ???? . . . . Reply with quote

kstair wrote:

Be of good cheer . . . things are going well and a toast to all those waiting patiently. This will be the last Christmas you won't have a BBB to play . . .

Kerry

I guess this is not going to happen? I thought I read somewhere (can't find it now) of some talk of February 2007 - anyone heard anything more?
Vegemite Nick #123
CraigC

PostPosted: Tue Dec 12, 2006 9:32 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Xmas was speculation about a year ago. supposedly Feb is what I've heard...but since there's such little manpower if one person takes off for Xmas or if there's any snag then It will be later.

we're all waiting too Wink

-c
awarner

PostPosted: Tue Dec 12, 2006 11:59 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I think 1st Quarter sounds right from what I saw. As for manpower, it's NOT as you say. Gene has people in various businesses that he cross-trains. There was a guy working on BBB in the morning and was working at Gene's Roller Rink when we went that night. I also saw him hiring people. In addition, assembly of the playfields is happening at a different company and I would suspect that they are staffed quite well. I don't think production stops if one guy doesn't show. I think progress is constant on every day (M-S). I'm thinking that Gene was considering Kingpin because he HAS all of this in place and it seems to be working.

This is 100% opinion so take it for what it's worth.

-Al-

PS - I agree about snags, they have found that they have had less parts than were required because of changes on the plans that were never made.
Pins and Vids #4 - A New Hoax DVD, Available NOW at www.pinsandvids.com for only $12.00 plus shipping.
BigBangJoe

PostPosted: Thu Dec 14, 2006 4:43 pm    Post subject: Re: Are you kidding ???? . . . . Reply with quote

kstair wrote:
This will be the last Christmas you won't have a BBB to play . . . Kerry

You already said that last year... and you were right! Wink Twisted Evil
This forum is locked: you cannot post, reply to, or edit topics.   This topic is locked: you cannot edit posts or make replies.    Big Bang Bar Forum Index -> Progress Updates All times are GMT - 7 Hours
Goto page 1, 2  Next
Page 1 of 2

Jump to: