Big Bang Bar Forum Index Big Bang Bar
Forum hosted by Robert Winter

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

BBB & T-shirts

View previous topic :: View next topic  

What do you think you will get first
BBB
85%
 85%  [ 18 ]
T-shirt
14%
 14%  [ 3 ]
Total Votes : 21

alienagent

PostPosted: Wed Mar 07, 2007 9:23 am    Post subject: BBB & T-shirts Reply with quote

What do you think you will get first - your entire pinball machine or a $20.00 T-shirt.
Very Happy
BBB94

PostPosted: Fri Mar 09, 2007 2:34 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Well, how's that for timing and irony as this was posted the same day that I had a 3 hour meeting with our merchandise vendor. I have not forgotten about this ambitious (because I'd rather do a bunch of cool items not just a shirt or two) project , but I haven't had time for many months. The last month I've been able to devote time to this stuff and things are finally coming together. I will have a bunch of information for you folks over the next several days.

I am one of the "T-shirt first" votes, but then again I will get my shirt(s) before you all, which could be before my machine arrives Very Happy I think it will be close, but given the logistics of this (order taking, money collecting, and packaging) I think the machines may ship a week or two before "BBB stuff".

Hey alienagent, aren't you the guy that didn't even like my ideas? Sad http://www.robertwinter.com/pinball/bbb/forum/viewtopic.php?t=124 I hope this means you've changed your mind.

Embroidered items have a shorter lead-time than screened items, especially the glassware. Gene asked me to try and have some stuff ready in time for the TX show so he could take it with him. I am confident that at least several items will be ready in time for the show. I should have polos, ballcaps, and bar towels (golf towels really) with the planet logo in time for TX.

I will probably be running a some new polls to get some help on some final decisions - everyone please help me out. I want to get a good product mix finalized in the next week or so, so I can work on the pre-order process. There will be almost no mark-up on the pre-orders. I will probably order some additional items for those that miss the pre-order stage and will probably increase the price to compensate for the risk. I'm still not looking to make a profit here.

The vendor I choose is very hands on which should increase quality and selection. I should be able to allow more choices than any other vendor would have allowed without a big jump in price. People will likely have some choice of item colors, pocket or not, and maybe a few other options for some items. Perhaps the most extreme example of this is that...

It looks like I will be able to do a full color embroidered jacket. They will be expensive, like $75 plus the jacket cost, but I should be able to offer several styles and colors. More details on this will follow under the appropriate thread.
alienagent

PostPosted: Fri Mar 09, 2007 7:29 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I was just just trying to promote debate-
I will take any T-shirt that shows up.
Tim
awarner

PostPosted: Fri Mar 09, 2007 9:59 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I asked Gene if T-Shirts were being done and he told me that they approved the artwork and were waiting to see something.

I want some T-Shirts, I might even ask Gene if I can do one later if no one else does the one I want to do.

-Al-
Pins and Vids #4 - A New Hoax DVD, Available NOW at www.pinsandvids.com for only $12.00 plus shipping.
BBB94

PostPosted: Sun Apr 22, 2007 7:57 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Well, I had really hoped to be much further along if not done by now, but clearly am not. I am still progressing, but other obligations keep getting in the way. I am no longer confident of beating the game release date, whenever that might be.

I am getting close to cleaning up some of the art for a second t-shirt design. I found out last week that the "jacket" embroidery is going to be tricky, because with the size and complexity the stitch count is rapidly approaching the machine's memory capacity - I should be getitng a sample stitchout soon.

I thinking I might take the risk and just order a few items that won't have any options to them but have longer lead times, so that when the embroidery and screening are ready to go, the delay from that point will be minimal. The stuff I might just take my chances on are two glasses and the keychain. The downside is that if I do this quantities will be limited. I don't think four design sandstone coasters or additional barware will be feasible. If things go well and there is sufficient interest I may offer more items later, perhaps in connection with a Kingpin item or two - if Gene gives the okay.

Take care all.
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Big Bang Bar Forum Index -> Polls All times are GMT - 7 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: