Big Bang Bar Forum Index Big Bang Bar
Forum hosted by Robert Winter

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

Questions about the interview and Kingpin.

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Big Bang Bar Forum Index -> General Big Bang Bar Discussions
View previous topic :: View next topic  
rjones

PostPosted: Thu Mar 08, 2007 3:17 pm    Post subject: Questions about the interview and Kingpin. Reply with quote

Sorry I missed the Broadcast. I don't think I will be able to download it as my computer is super slow. Between reading the info here and on RGP I have some questions. It would be great to hear from you if you know the answers (perhaps I am not the only one who does not know).

1) I know someone here received the BBB "letter"? Has anyone else? What did it say? I am very interested if we can combine shipping.

2) Is Kingpin a definite go? When is PMI taking orders on Kingpin? Is the price for BBB owners $6500?

3) Is it half payment up front again? Or is it full payment?

4) How many Kingpin pins will he make?

5) Any rough timeframe on completion?

6) Will there be a Kingpin at the TX Pinball festival?

7) Is there a supply of BBB replacement parts, if we did not pre-order? If so, do we order directly from them?

Sorry for all the questions. Perhaps some can not be answered. Just trying my best to stay up with all the info so I do not miss out. I might also have to sell a couple of pins to raise the cash for Kingpin.

Thanks!

rjones
awarner

PostPosted: Thu Mar 08, 2007 4:43 pm    Post subject: I'm Game... Reply with quote

I'll give this a try based on what is public knowledge...

1) I Have not seen the letter yet. I don't think most people have.

2) Gene said that he is working with engineers to recreate the boardset. In his TOPCast interview, he made every indication that the game was going to be made. In my interview in November, he told me he was pretty sure he would be making it. My best guess is that he intends to try and will make an offering if he's sure he can pull it off. The only real hurdle is the boardsets and that seems to be progressing.

3) He didn't say in any interview. He did mention the $500 discount to BBB owners and the ability to keep the same number. He told me that the discount was an offering from the company who assembled the BBB playfields.

4) Gene sorta mentioned the number 300 in the TOPCast interview but 500 has been floating around as well.

5) Not that I know.

6) I think Gene is taking his original Capcom Proto to Texas.

7) Hmmm - I have an exclusive answer for part of this one. Keep it here, He told me that there were some spare parts that would be offered to us after the games ship. He said on TOPCast that rings for the green ramp would be offered at about a $50.00 price point and that different colors were being considered.
Pins and Vids #4 - A New Hoax DVD, Available NOW at www.pinsandvids.com for only $12.00 plus shipping.
Big bang bar

PostPosted: Fri Mar 09, 2007 6:36 pm    Post subject: Kingpin Reply with quote

If Gene is going to do King pin and wants the money upfront, he is going to have to have a timeline laid out on when the game will be finished. It took 2 years to complete this project with 180 games. How long will it take to do 500 games?
rjones

PostPosted: Fri Mar 09, 2007 8:52 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Thanks for the response!

One more for the group...Has the sign-up for Kingpin begun?

I don't want to miss the window whenever it is.

Thanks again,

rjones
Kerry Richard

PostPosted: Fri Mar 09, 2007 9:37 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Hello group!

I’m curious…are “ALL” BBB buyer’s in for King Pin at $6,800 ($6,500 plus $300 for shipping)?

When it was announced that Gene & Co. was considering KP; I, liked most of the group, chimed in “I’M IN FOR KING PIN” even before the price was announced.

I have played this game many times over the past several years in California. It is a sweet game. I really DO want one.

Do you feel there are 500 Buyers at either $6,800 range (BBB buyers) or $7,300 range for others? Not that it isn’t worth that to many (especially BBB’ers) but do you think there are 500 players?

Let me know what you think.

Thanks
Kerry Richard #111
awarner

PostPosted: Fri Mar 09, 2007 9:54 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

All BBB buyers will be offered a Kingpin if Gene makes them. He said that letters would go out to BBB owners offering it to them. We will all have a chance to buy one. Whether we can afford it... Different story.

As for IF everyone is in to buy, the cost seems to be prohibititive to some people. There's a poll about this on the forum.

-Al-
Pins and Vids #4 - A New Hoax DVD, Available NOW at www.pinsandvids.com for only $12.00 plus shipping.
rjones

PostPosted: Sat Mar 10, 2007 9:43 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I'm definitely in! I will have to sell a couple of other pins to raise the cash. Like BBB, how many chances will you have to buy a NIB Kingpin for $6800? My guess is not many. I think he will easily sell 500.

I am really looking forward to the TX pinball festival. I hope I have a chance to talk to Gene C. there or at least here him in a seminar.

rjones
waltr

PostPosted: Sat Mar 10, 2007 11:21 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Kerry Richard wrote:
Hello group!

I’m curious…are “ALL” BBB buyer’s in for King Pin at $6,800 ($6,500 plus $300 for shipping)?

When it was announced that Gene & Co. was considering KP; I, liked most of the group, chimed in “I’M IN FOR KING PIN” even before the price was announced.

I have played this game many times over the past several years in California. It is a sweet game. I really DO want one.

Do you feel there are 500 Buyers at either $6,800 range (BBB buyers) or $7,300 range for others? Not that it isn’t worth that to many (especially BBB’ers) but do you think there are 500 players?

Let me know what you think.

Thanks
Kerry Richard #111

Kerry,
I hope we get to find out how many takers there are out there for $6800.
I know I'm in too.

Here we go again!
The anticipation is one of the best parts.
BBB#12
djb_rh

PostPosted: Sat Mar 10, 2007 1:39 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I don't think Gene would let me (nor should he), but at $6800 I'd buy several KP's. They still won't be as valuable as BBB's, but they'll immediately be worth more than the $6800, anyway. So yeah, I'm in.

--Donnie
View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website AIM Address Yahoo Messenger
pinball-sales

PostPosted: Sun Mar 11, 2007 5:56 pm    Post subject: Kingpin Reply with quote

Donnie you can have my spot

I won't be buying one.

The one BBB is all I wanted.
greg_888

PostPosted: Sun Mar 11, 2007 6:35 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

how do you give away a discounted spot that you are not
going to take up your self?
djb_rh

PostPosted: Sun Mar 11, 2007 7:20 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Answer: he's not.

Gene wouldn't let it work that way, and that's one spot you couldn't PAY me to take anyway.

--Donnie
View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website AIM Address Yahoo Messenger
pinball-sales

PostPosted: Mon Mar 12, 2007 2:35 am    Post subject: Kingpin Reply with quote

all i meant was if Gene is holding spots for BBB customers there is one spare thats all.

The poster said he wanted to buy several Kingpins maybe Gene will give him a discount.
BigBangJoe

PostPosted: Wed Mar 21, 2007 2:15 pm    Post subject: Re: I'm Game... Reply with quote

awarner wrote:
7) Hmmm - I have an exclusive answer for part of this one. Keep it here, He told me that there were some spare parts that would be offered to us after the games ship. He said on TOPCast that rings for the green ramp would be offered at about a $50.00 price point and that different colors were being considered.

I ordered a spare ramp (should be sent to Europe after the games are finished/shipped), but in hindsight I should've bought more. I'm now also interested in decals, a playfield and a plastics set. Hopefully I won't have to replace the playfield in my entire life, but it is soooo gorgeous that I want one on my wall.

There are also other parts that I would like, which were not on the part order form: ramp arrow lights, tube dancer tube, aliens, ... In other words, I'm interested in all BBB-specific parts, which will be hard to find in Europe anyway. It's better to grab them while we can. Hopefully there are some of these parts left over for us to buy, or maybe they can produce a few batches more if there's enough interest.
BigBangJoe

PostPosted: Wed Mar 21, 2007 2:21 pm    Post subject: Re: Kingpin Reply with quote

Big bang bar wrote:
If Gene is going to do King pin and wants the money upfront, he is going to have to have a timeline laid out on when the game will be finished. It took 2 years to complete this project with 180 games. How long will it take to do 500 games?

Definately! I think it is *really* important that PMI plans the whole project very carefully. Now they know how to build a pinball machine, what problems they can expect, which vendors to use, etc. They should be able to give a realistic timeframe upfront. I don't mind waiting 3 years to get KP *IF* I know that beforehand. BBB was worth the wait, but I wouldn't like to go through another project like this. There were a few moments when I was really worried, but I'm glad I stayed in
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Big Bang Bar Forum Index -> General Big Bang Bar Discussions All times are GMT - 7 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: