Big Bang Bar Forum Index Big Bang Bar
Forum hosted by Robert Winter

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

Machines Heading to Australia?

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Big Bang Bar Forum Index -> General Big Bang Bar Discussions
View previous topic :: View next topic  
latecomer

PostPosted: Sun Mar 11, 2007 5:59 pm    Post subject: Machines Heading to Australia? Reply with quote

Any Aussies on the forum? I know there are a few machi9nes heading this way, one is for Greg who I know, one is mine, and Wayne has one and some customer machines - any of the other guys (ie Wayne's customers) following the forum? Interested in knowing where you are and where the machines are going to end up!

Cheers,
Nick
Vegemite Nick #123
pinball-sales

PostPosted: Mon Mar 12, 2007 2:30 am    Post subject: Australia Reply with quote

Well I have no idea what IPBs Plans are, but my thoughts were

I get them collected and shipped to our Facility in Chicago, then get them shipped from there.

there was 5 in total
Greg has seperated his from the group and is arranging his own transport

Mark Reid
David Field
Mine
1 other customer who is in the public eye

The top 2 call me every week, as it has been 2 years now, and i am at home I will need to dig out all the paperwork again, but as they need to be converted and tested before they are collected from us to comply with Australian Standards.

I guess much the same as a Stern Import
latecomer

PostPosted: Mon Mar 12, 2007 5:37 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I was wondering about this after your post on that machine bought from Europe Wayne.

There are jumper settings for the power that just need to be set to Aussie version if not done at PMI;

If it is true to the other Capcom I have then they'll be a PC lead type plug that is just changed to Aussie version (the machine side is the standard arrangements used for PC's and Monitors);

- do you think they'll be anything else that needs to be done for Aussie compliance?

Cheers,
Nick
Vegemite Nick #123
latecomer

PostPosted: Mon Mar 12, 2007 5:41 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Forgot to ask Wayne - what are your shipping plans? Do you have prices etc? PM me if you don't want to go into detail on the forum.

Regards
Nick
Vegemite Nick #123
pinball-sales

PostPosted: Tue Mar 13, 2007 3:52 am    Post subject: BBB Reply with quote

there is probably a varistor that would also need to be replaced.

Every Electrical Item imported into Australia needs to comply to our regulations.

AMD who import Stern Games had to get approved to import Stern Games.

I know yours is a personal import but who is responsible if something is not right and causes you death or injury?

Who decides what products are safe to connect to the power grid?

Are the games CE compliance? All these things might seem to be non important until something goes wrong.

Call the office of Elecrical Safety and ask the questions

We ship 10 pallets of games per week and get pretty good rates about $205 a cubic metre
latecomer

PostPosted: Tue Mar 13, 2007 5:29 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Thanks for the info - guess it would be helpful for the other Aussie buyers if you'd post which varister needs replacing, that would be great!

Cheers,
Nick
Vegemite Nick #123
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Big Bang Bar Forum Index -> General Big Bang Bar Discussions All times are GMT - 7 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: