Big Bang Bar Forum Index Big Bang Bar
Forum hosted by Robert Winter

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

Kim, Has Gene discussed a timeline on Finishing the Game

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Big Bang Bar Forum Index -> General Big Bang Bar Discussions
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Big bang bar

PostPosted: Tue Sep 06, 2005 2:53 pm    Post subject: Kim, Has Gene discussed a timeline on Finishing the Game Reply with quote

Kim,

Has Gene discussed a timeline on finishing the game. Doesn't have to be set in stone. Xmas, New Year, Easter? We all understand there are delays but since he has all the parts, cabinets, Etc, Etc, ... Not trying to hurry the project just wondering! If he hasn't mentioned it to you could you ask him. No one will hold him to it. It would be nice to know.

Last edited by Big bang bar on Wed Sep 07, 2005 5:01 am; edited 1 time in total
BBB94

PostPosted: Tue Sep 06, 2005 10:48 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Agreed. The original estimate has come and gone, and it seems as though everyone has handled that fact with the necessary understanding. A new best guess, would be nice. Based on what Gene has learned and overcome - I'm sure that Gene has a new approximate date in mind - the date that he fulfills a dream (for himself and the rest of us) and you all probably return to more normal & relaxed lives (and we all get to play lots of BBB). Tapping into that insight would certainly help me make plans (like time off work and an unveiling party) and to budget my excitement over the coming weeks or months.
Swann

PostPosted: Tue Sep 06, 2005 11:30 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

First, I agree with that it would be great to have a date, but secondly I don't think it's realistic to have one currently;

My personal guess is that it's very hard to give an estimate before you've assembled the first couple of machines. Do think we have to wait for that before they even can start thinking about realistic dates.

But with that said, we can activate this forum-thread again when the first pictures of a the first playable machine is there as an update!
BBB #79 has arrived here in Stockholm, Sweden!
greg_888

PostPosted: Wed Sep 07, 2005 2:43 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

l agree with Swann on this
give them a chance to get a couple of games fully built
they only got the cabinets last week and l think Kim has already
stated that they where going to give the decal guys time to
try a few cabinets to make sure they look alright, decals fit,make sure the
cab's are ok plus make sure the pf's fit etc. etc.

l know we have all been patient but so have these guy's
(remember Gene's been hanging on these cabinets since Jan)
l think we need to give these guy's some time (as in more than one week)
l'm sure Kim or Gene will let us know when there's something positve
to tell us

Greg
Big bang bar

PostPosted: Wed Sep 07, 2005 5:01 am    Post subject: Has Gene Discussed a Timeline on finishing the first machine Reply with quote

Okay let me rephrase the question.

Kim,
Has Gene discussed a timeline on finishing the first machine?

Guys lets be realistic here. If we don't ask questions and the questions are never asked or answered then we are always in the dark. I see a lot of proress which is great, which shows me that the machine is being made but by when? 2005, 2006, 2007.

Some of you guys are content with the progress and wouldn't care if the game is done by 2008, just as long as its done right. We get your point!

Also who is assembling the first couple of fully working Big Bang Bars?

Since Bob and Steve are gone is there someone who has replaced them as a foreman to oversee that each machine is being assembled correctly?
Swann

PostPosted: Wed Sep 07, 2005 9:14 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Big bang bar, well since there is one major phase left, that is, the assembly, and they haven't done anything quite like this before, I still believe that it's extremly hard for them to mention any timeframe (yet).

..and no, I'm not the one that's so happy with a game delivered in 2008, would actually prefer to see a game this year or at least before march next year...

...but with that said I still do think that when you're doing something you haven't done before it's impossible (or at least nearly) to say how long time it will take before you've done it at least one time.

But, surely the question is valid, and who knows, maybe they have been speaking about a dream date for at least the first machine, let's see what the answer will be Smile
BBB #79 has arrived here in Stockholm, Sweden!
PINBALL WITCH

PostPosted: Wed Sep 07, 2005 2:06 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

No we do not have an exact date. But the only person who wants this done more than I do is my mom.

The assembly company has run into some missing hardware, nothing big and I don't have a list yet. This is not a long list just a few things.
I don't want you guys to freak!!!!!!!
We are going through the assembly prints and matching to the bom trying to make sure that we have everything listed. We have everything on shelves with correct part number.
They are assembling the rest of the orange double stand up target assy.
(A couple years ago I fractured my skull, it screwed up my memory especially for spelling and saying words so sometimes you may need to fill in the blanks)
That said, the other part they are assembling is the outlet box with the small wire harness and the fuse holder in it. ( total blank on what it's called and my manual and prints are in the other building.)
More cabinets arrived with Gene today. Doesn't have an exact time frame
until we find out what is missing for the assy. Remember guys I'm playing catch up I'm not trying to avoid your questions. If I sound witch I'm sorry. My day started with the bathtub draining down on the basement floor and it's gone down hill from there.
Gotta go
Gene forgot his camera, I will get PICTURES.
If I have forgotten anything just remind me.
kim
this has not been spell or grammar checked.
harrrrrrr

PostPosted: Wed Sep 07, 2005 5:20 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Kim,

Sorry to hear about your accident... my sister fractured her skull and she's struggled a bit too. Hang in there... your doing a great job. Thanks for the update. Be assured it is greatly appreciated.

John
BBB94

PostPosted: Wed Sep 07, 2005 5:34 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

PINBALL WITCH wrote:
No we do not have an exact date. But the only person who wants this done more than I do is my mom.
<<SNIP>>
More cabinets arrived with Gene today. Doesn't have an exact time frame
until we find out what is missing for the assy. Remember guys I'm playing catch up I'm not trying to avoid your questions. If I sound witch I'm sorry. My day started with the bathtub draining down on the basement floor and it's gone down hill from there.
<<SNIP>>

It nice to know that the first load of cabinets weren't a fluke of cooperation from the supplier. I am sympathetic to your coming into the project in the middle and playing catch up - that's always hard to do. Your comments, updates, and efforts are appreciated. I didn't perceive any negativety in your post, even with the liquid curve ball you got this AM. Keep your chin up.
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Big Bang Bar Forum Index -> General Big Bang Bar Discussions All times are GMT - 7 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: