Big Bang Bar Forum Index Big Bang Bar
Forum hosted by Robert Winter

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

Shipping Information
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4  Next

This forum is locked: you cannot post, reply to, or edit topics.   This topic is locked: you cannot edit posts or make replies.    Big Bang Bar Forum Index -> Shipping
View previous topic :: View next topic  
jackjet

PostPosted: Sun Mar 18, 2007 6:11 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Fair Enough, however I think this topic might be useful to help us consolidate our questions regarding shipping so that Georgiana doesn't have to take several dozen calls when she might not have an answer.

I think everybody is just too excited an anxious to get their games and just want to plan accordingly. Additionally, I think it might be useful to let Georgiana and Gene know, as soon as possible, which games will be picked up either individually or by separate courier so they can reduce their work by not having to book transportation.
The Other Guy

PostPosted: Mon Mar 19, 2007 5:45 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

jackjet,
I agree.
The letter that was send out will tell us who plans on picking up their games and to verify your current info.
I didn't mean you all can't co-ordinate things here, I am simply stressing the request to not waste time and effort calling to get no more information than has been presented as this is up-to-date.

TOG
rhayes1

PostPosted: Mon Mar 19, 2007 6:28 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

What is the weight of a packaged BBB and the shipping class?

Rob Hayes #18
awarner

PostPosted: Mon Mar 19, 2007 7:51 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Hey TOG,

This is the *BEST* place to do this. Even the people who don't read this, will get the information (we keep in touch).

Announcing the REAL pick-up date here would be an excellent idea when it is finalized. People will need to make plans and such. I for one have got to let my employer know when I won't be in. They request 2 weeks notice, but they will work with me because it is a big deal to me.

Keep on, Keeping on! - See you in Texas!!!

-Al-

The Other Guy wrote:
jackjet,
I agree.
The letter that was send out will tell us who plans on picking up their games and to verify your current info.
I didn't mean you all can't co-ordinate things here, I am simply stressing the request to not waste time and effort calling to get no more information than has been presented as this is up-to-date.

TOG

Pins and Vids #4 - A New Hoax DVD, Available NOW at www.pinsandvids.com for only $12.00 plus shipping.
The Other Guy

PostPosted: Sun Apr 08, 2007 5:34 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

New info above...
rwsimpson

PostPosted: Sun Apr 08, 2007 6:18 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

TOG, Thanks for the additional info.

Feel free to ignore the following questions if they are not answerable. Apart from many being anxious, trying to plan schedules for pickup is somewhat difficult.

I wondered about if any additional information on dates is available, like what dates have been eliminated (i.e. At this point we predict that they will not be done prior to April X or May X). In trying to keep time open for a possible visit to Illinois, planning other trips and work schedules, even this type of information would be helpful.

Also, any plans about how the pickup in Illinois option will be structured? Will we have to be there on a certain day, is it planned to be a weekend day or during the week only? Do you anticipate the notice to be hours, days or weeks in advance? Will any spare parts ordered be available at that time?

Again, I understand if this is just not something you can answer at this point, just trying to plan schedules for work and trips apart from picking up BBB!

Thanks,

Ross
The Other Guy

PostPosted: Sun Apr 08, 2007 10:53 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

April is out...

What Gene has in mind is a Saturday pick-up.
He has thoughts of having a caterer supply ?Itialian Beef? sandwitches, fries & soda (the first round for all) and then whatever you all come up
with...

Again, as soon as we can set a firm date, we will! Until then, it's just rumor & speculation...

TOG
greg_888

PostPosted: Sun Apr 08, 2007 5:41 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

what no Vegemite
dang...count me out

oh
and May, June, July And August are all good months for me

thanks TOG
latecomer

PostPosted: Sun Apr 08, 2007 6:21 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

The Other Guy wrote:
He has thoughts of having a caterer supply ?Itialian Beef? sandwitches, fries & soda

Dito Greg on the lack of Vegemite (!) I'll just not be coming to collect then, and will have it shipped! Wink
Vegemite Nick #123
awarner

PostPosted: Sun Apr 08, 2007 7:50 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I figured April was out - Fingers crossed for May!!!

BTW: Lots of work on the video to do, this will give me more time.

PS - We KNOW the first weekend in May is out as well (May 5); the Allentown show is that weekend.
Pins and Vids #4 - A New Hoax DVD, Available NOW at www.pinsandvids.com for only $12.00 plus shipping.

Last edited by awarner on Mon Apr 09, 2007 2:03 am; edited 1 time in total
hisnice

PostPosted: Sun Apr 08, 2007 8:41 pm    Post subject: I guess you don't come to the US very often. Reply with quote

latecomer wrote:
The Other Guy wrote:
He has thoughts of having a caterer supply ?Itialian Beef? sandwitches, fries & soda

Dito Greg on the lack of Vegemite (!) I'll just not be coming to collect then, and will have it shipped! Wink

Our Italian beef sandwiches ALWAYS have Vegemite on them. You must be thinking of Italian beef served in the UK, which instead have Marmite on them.

One question for TOG, etc. When a pick up date is selected, how will we be notified? Snail mail?

Thanks Gene, Kim, TOG, Kerry, and everyone who has made this dream come true for all of us. While a few of the group have been critical, please remember it's because of excitement and impatience. I personally have nothing but respect for you keeping your promise and not passing on the extra costs to the buyers. Gene and everyone have a right to make some money by attending any event they want to. And I hope there are a few machines left over that you can auction off to recoup some of the expense overages.

But anyway, my question was: When a pick up date is selected, how will we be notified?

Thank you,
h
rwsimpson

PostPosted: Mon Apr 09, 2007 12:47 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

<<<We KNOW the first weekend in May is out as well (May 5); the Allentown show is that weekend>>>

Can we confirm this? Some of us have to work some weekends and it would be helpful to know if that one is on the definitely out list so we can schedule accordingly.

Thanks!

Ross
awarner

PostPosted: Mon Apr 09, 2007 12:57 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Well, I talked to Gene at the Texas show and he told me he was going to Allentown. Unless that's changed, I'm pretty sure it's accurate. TOG?

Look at the Calendar: http://www.gameroommagazine.com/index.php?main_page=infopages&pages_id=95&zenid=18c6b06c3651a266545e1dfa3ac02893

I thoght Gene told me he was going to a few of the shows in April and I know he said Allentown (this is the first year since 99 that I won't be going).

But May is really weak on the show front. Pure speculation, but I'll bet that everything comes together in May...
jadziedzic

PostPosted: Thu Apr 19, 2007 6:23 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

TOG - A few minor questions regarding shipping:

1) Who do we pay? PMI? ABF?

2) When do we pay? Before shipment, on delivery, etc.?

Tony
BBB #39
The Other Guy

PostPosted: Fri Apr 20, 2007 4:13 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Info above...
This forum is locked: you cannot post, reply to, or edit topics.   This topic is locked: you cannot edit posts or make replies.    Big Bang Bar Forum Index -> Shipping All times are GMT - 7 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4  Next
Page 2 of 4

Jump to: