Big Bang Bar Forum Index Big Bang Bar
Forum hosted by Robert Winter

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

IPB & PMI & BBB at TPF!!!
Goto page 1, 2  Next

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Big Bang Bar Forum Index -> General Big Bang Bar Discussions
View previous topic :: View next topic  
awarner

PostPosted: Sun Mar 25, 2007 5:58 am    Post subject: IPB & PMI & BBB at TPF!!! Reply with quote

I'm sitting in a hotel in Minden, LA right now, on my way home from the Texas Pinball Festival and I thought, I just have to share some pictures with y'all!

-Al-
Pins and Vids #4 - A New Hoax DVD, Available NOW at www.pinsandvids.com for only $12.00 plus shipping.
waltr

PostPosted: Sun Mar 25, 2007 6:26 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Wow!
I see two great sights there.
Two fantastic machines sitting there and Illinois Pinball back to the shows.
So gang,how proud do you thing Gene is sitting there with HIS BBBs? Smile

It's getting close.........

And thanks for the pics Al.
Enjoy!
BBB#12
rjones

PostPosted: Sun Mar 25, 2007 5:56 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Thanks for the pics. I saw these in person at the show. They were extremely nice.

The big question of the day!!!

Who are the lucky new owners and what did they sell for?

From my understanding, the highest bidder at 2P Sunday could take it home.

Again it was a great show. I enjoyed Mr. C's little seminar.

rjones
rhayes1

PostPosted: Mon Mar 26, 2007 11:06 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

What did Gene have to say at his seminar?

Rob Hayes
BBB#18
awarner

PostPosted: Tue Mar 27, 2007 9:10 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Gene hopes to release the BBBs in April, but he's not sure. There are some parts issues. He will be attending the various upcoming Pinball shows.

Kingpin is dependant on CPU and other boards being produced. The company who built our playfields will be the ones making the Kingpins. They also do work for Motorola. Gene will be licensing the Kingpin to them to build but will have say over it's construction.

As far as I can tell, they did not sell the two BBBs that were there.

All of my responses are open to correction and deletion...

-Al-
Pins and Vids #4 - A New Hoax DVD, Available NOW at www.pinsandvids.com for only $12.00 plus shipping.
runner1717

PostPosted: Tue Mar 27, 2007 11:45 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

awarner wrote:
There are some parts issues.

Do you know what those parts issues are? From what I understand, Gene had about 10 units to just "assemble" and they were done.

I'm REALLY counting on April as I'm not sure I can last any longer.........
awarner

PostPosted: Tue Mar 27, 2007 1:35 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

It was stated as "a few flipper plates and some coils". Then the units need to be tested and adjusted. Is that 10 mechanisms for games, or 10 machines? I don't know. Gene was vague.

Anyone else who was there remember hearing anything different? I have to review the tape.

-Al-
latecomer

PostPosted: Tue Mar 27, 2007 1:38 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I don't think the parts issue was a biggie - I believe just short a few ramps, so they're probably just stuck waiting for the extras to come in to finish the last few. Anyway it won't be long.....
Vegemite Nick #123
BBB #2

PostPosted: Tue Mar 27, 2007 1:50 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I didn't hear him say anything about ramps.
I heard the same thing that Al did.
The only addition was that the coils had not been wound yet and he was waiting on them too.
BBB #2
latecomer

PostPosted: Tue Mar 27, 2007 1:56 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Well I defer to you guys, 12,000 miles can lead to all sorts or misinterpretations! Embarassed
Vegemite Nick #123
awarner

PostPosted: Tue Mar 27, 2007 6:52 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Let's go to the video tape...

http://www.pinsandvids.com/vids/GeneRelease-TX.wmv

Other things were said, but honestly, this is going to have to do for now. I have a lot of other editing to concentrate on...

-Al-

PS- These people are doing the best they can. It is close, let's not bug them. They want it done as much as we do.
Big bang bar

PostPosted: Tue Mar 27, 2007 7:32 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

The thing I don't understand is that they are going around to all these shows, halting the production and testing of these machines. To me it doesn't make sense. If it was my co I would not go to any shows until I finsihed the machines. I would not sell any left over machines until the people that paid for them get theres first. Why should some guy with deep pockets who didn't wait like we did get a BBB first and get to brag about it on the newsgroup or where ever.

I must admit I am a little dissapointed that they choose to go to a pinball show instead of finishing the machines. Now rumors are going around that it might not be an Early April delivery.

Here we go again!

I am happy they are this close but I would really like to see this project finished!
unigroove

PostPosted: Wed Mar 28, 2007 2:18 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

how many shows has Gene gone to in the past 2 years? My guess is that is close to zero. Didn't he miss expo partly because he was too busy with BBB? Besides that: Gene is not building the achines himself. Other people do that. If they were at the show, that probably means they can't build BBB's at that moment because all are finished, or they are waiting for some parts, or whatever.

I wonder how much your point of view holds when you are 300.000 in the minus on a project and you would have a chance to reduce that a little bit. You get your game for the price you agreed on. If someone else wants to pay more than the double, I can't blame Gene for selling if he has a game for sale.
awarner

PostPosted: Wed Mar 28, 2007 4:07 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

You can't finish a game without parts. It sounded like last minute shortages for a few machines at the end.

-Al-
PINBALL WITCH

PostPosted: Wed Mar 28, 2007 12:25 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I am going to be very blunt!

These games are so far over budget and the money has to come from somewhere, that would be Gene, which means if he has to/gets to go to shows (which he hasn't done in almost 2years) ,which brings money in, which pays the bills, so be it.

We are waiting for parts to come in and PMI has completed as many games as they have parts for at this time.

As for the rumor floating around from down under about how many games are completed or not completed, there have been no official numbers given out and if after these games are shipped people want to know why PMI has kept quite on the forum instead of bragging about every step forward that we have taken I will be glad to explain the reasons to anyone who wants to know.

I can tell you no one wants this game finished more than my parents.

I do understand that $4,500.00 is alot of money to pay but EVERYONE knows that you will make a good return on your investment should you decide to sell your game

My folks on the other hand go no where and do nothing, their lives have been consumed by the BBB project, they have spent alot of money and aged tremendously in the last 2 years from the worry and responsiblity of this undertaking .

And if they can sell a couple machines to help pay for the parts and labor to finish up the last of the games then it shouldn't be an issue!!!!! the games are getting done and none of the original buyers have been asked for any additional money.

This post may appear a bit abrupt but damn give Gene a break!! there are so many things going on behind the scenes that BBB is extremely fortunate that he didn't say screw it and throw in the towel along time ago.

Now that I have had my rant I also want to say that we DO appreciate the patience and support of everyone who has joined us on this adventure.

THANK YOU

kim
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Big Bang Bar Forum Index -> General Big Bang Bar Discussions All times are GMT - 7 Hours
Goto page 1, 2  Next
Page 1 of 2

Jump to: