Big Bang Bar Forum Index Big Bang Bar
Forum hosted by Robert Winter

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

Soooo.. Who is picking up, and how far do you have to drive?
Goto page Previous  1, 2

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Big Bang Bar Forum Index -> General Big Bang Bar Discussions
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Kerry Richard

PostPosted: Sat May 19, 2007 2:21 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Ross...Thanks for the info.

However, many of us don't know;

When are the games are being shipped?
What is the cost?
What is is the ETA?

We need to plan for this event too.

Thanks Kerry
awarner

PostPosted: Sat May 19, 2007 2:54 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

If you do a little research you can figure it out. TOG said that shipping was on or about June 2:

http://www.robertwinter.com/pinball/bbb/forum/viewtopic.php?t=362&start=0

He says in the same message that:

Box sizes: Upright: 30"wide x 32"deep x 57"tall

Shipping weight:
Boxed game w/ pallet= 340pounds.

Given that Info I can cruise on over to ABF :

http://www.abfs.com

And plug it in. When I did mine, I got $210.25 delivered to thier dock in Conley, GA. on Thursday, 7-JUN-2007.

Have at it!!!
Pins and Vids #4 - A New Hoax DVD, Available NOW at www.pinsandvids.com for only $12.00 plus shipping.
Kerry Richard

PostPosted: Sat May 19, 2007 3:28 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Al...Thanks for the info.

I guess I thought we would be updated with a more definite date. That information TOG posted was given over a month ago.

Thanks for the info.

Kerry Richard #111
pmwolf3

PostPosted: Sat May 19, 2007 3:54 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Well...also:

There are at least FOUR of us here in Michigan that are really close in distance...the games would probably be shipped to one location. Does this combined shipping save on cost at all?

If not, why couldn't we just get EGL to get the games for us...they'd probably be able to get the 4 games to us for under $100 a game.

Really, it makes a huge difference on wether or not we pick up the games, or have 'em shipped.

Any info would be fantastic...
Pete
awarner

PostPosted: Sat May 19, 2007 5:48 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Actually, he has been updating that post:

Last edited by The Other Guy on Thu May 17, 2007 7:36 am; edited 5 times in total

(I knew the shipping date was added)

-Al-

Kerry Richard wrote:
Al...Thanks for the info.

I guess I thought we would be updated with a more definite date. That information TOG posted was given over a month ago.

Thanks for the info.

Kerry Richard #111

Pins and Vids #4 - A New Hoax DVD, Available NOW at www.pinsandvids.com for only $12.00 plus shipping.
Kerry Richard

PostPosted: Sat May 19, 2007 6:47 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Al...Thanks for this info too.

I, like many others, didn't realize TOG has edited / updated his 1st post, on this topic, back mid March.

I, like many others (whom I spoken with personally) never thought to look at "old" posts. I usually look for updates at the end of the original topic or with someone who posts a "New Subject" pertaining to the original topic. I just learned something new here.

I'm sure there are many of us who will now look "there" for future updates.

Thanks again,
Kerry Richard #111
rwsimpson

PostPosted: Sat May 19, 2007 7:22 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

awarner wrote:

And plug it in. When I did mine, I got $210.25 delivered to thier dock in Conley, GA. on Thursday, 7-JUN-2007.

Al, I was assuming you were picking yours up, are you shipping it? (or was that just for an example)...

Ross
awarner

PostPosted: Sat May 19, 2007 7:35 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Yeah, I'm picking up. It was just an example (and proof to myself that I wasn't giving bad advice). Kinda sucks knowing that though. It's gonna cost a WHOLE lot more for me to drive it and pay tax and all, but it's a great video op and a great conclusion to an amazing event in pinball history.

I mean think about it, nobody has ever pulled this off before. Since I have been editing the video, I'm reviewing the 100s of pictures we've all seen since this started (and a few "unpublished" ones) and I'm in awe with how much work this was. These people have done an amazing thing here. Something that will never probably happen again (unless Kingpin is completed of course).

-Al-
rwsimpson

PostPosted: Sun May 20, 2007 5:36 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I am also coming to pick the game up, even though I am having to rent a vehicle to do it. However I will not have hotel expenses because I have relatives in the area, so I probably cannot complain.

Looking forward to it.

Ross
Minnesota
awarner

PostPosted: Sun May 20, 2007 7:24 pm    Post subject: What I know... Reply with quote

When I talked to Gene at one point, he told me that 50 people or so were picking up so he was planning on 100 people or so being there.

-Al-
sheldoncs

PostPosted: Mon May 21, 2007 2:33 pm    Post subject: Long way to go.... Reply with quote

I certainly won't trust the BBB to any shipping company. A round trip of 3462 miles and 54 hours of driving from Alberta, Canada lays ahead. Unfortunately, I won't make it on June 2nd, but I'm sure I'll get there soon after. All I need is music, coffee, and a lot of gas stations on the way. Enjoy your trips everyone....

Sheldon
BBB#118
just plain rob

PostPosted: Tue May 22, 2007 12:42 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Hey Al--in particular, got my letter today--delivered by a smiling wifey who read it aloud.
And thanks for the kind words!
By the way, this is the "TZ wife" who, since I knocked her high score down on TZ Sunday, has threatened to, "take the batteries out."
I gotta hide the keys now. Twisted Evil
awarner

PostPosted: Tue May 22, 2007 3:38 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

just plain rob wrote:
By the way, this is the "TZ wife" who, since I knocked her high score down on TZ Sunday, has threatened to, "take the batteries out." I gotta hide the keys now. Twisted Evil

Stupid Man... Hehe...
BBB93

PostPosted: Tue May 22, 2007 5:58 am    Post subject: Re: Long way to go.... Reply with quote

sheldoncs wrote:
I certainly won't trust the BBB to any shipping company. A round trip of 3462 miles and 54 hours of driving from Alberta, Canada lays ahead. Unfortunately, I won't make it on June 2nd

Wow, that is quite a haul... so far, you take the prize for the farthest drive. Shocked Too bad you will not be there on the 2nd. After all that driving you'll be tired, I would have loved to have given you a hand loading your machine for the trip home. Tavel safely. Wink

Bob S
BBB #93
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Big Bang Bar Forum Index -> General Big Bang Bar Discussions All times are GMT - 7 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2
Page 2 of 2

Jump to: