Big Bang Bar Forum Index Big Bang Bar
Forum hosted by Robert Winter

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

So.....

This forum is locked: you cannot post, reply to, or edit topics.   This topic is locked: you cannot edit posts or make replies.    Big Bang Bar Forum Index -> Progress Updates
View previous topic :: View next topic  
hisnice

PostPosted: Sat Jun 02, 2007 2:18 pm    Post subject: So..... Reply with quote

What are you guys and gals doing today?

Because I'm in a truck driving home right now with a new BBB in the back, and I'm going home to play it.

It was great to get to chat with Gene, Georgianna, Kim, Dave, Al, and everyone about the experience. (Side topic: Who are Kristin and Katie? I wish I more to talk to them about Wink )

It was also amazing to see Gene's home and huge pinball collection and get a quick tour of the production area.

All in all, a very very memorable day for me, and a very historic day for pinball.

Gene, you and everyone who worked on this, proved a lot of naysayers wrong, and proved a lot of us absolutely right to believe in you and support you.

Thank you!

h

(just a reminder, my BBB #31 will be for sale at my estate sale, which will hopefully not be for another 40 or 50 years.)
tomterlec

PostPosted: Sat Jun 02, 2007 2:49 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I've got mine in the basment already and it plays very well. They did a great job. Very Happy

It was good to see the team and meet many of you today as well.

Tom
BBB #136
spida

PostPosted: Sat Jun 02, 2007 2:54 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I'm................um.................

well, I'm going to install my Earthshaker sinking building kit from basementarcade. So.........there! Wink
blubboman

PostPosted: Sat Jun 02, 2007 6:54 pm    Post subject: It's alive Reply with quote

Mine's up and running! It's a beautiful game! Thanks to all the Cunningham's, TOG, TOG's relatives, and other assemblers. The game is snappy fast! Incredible job!
irbgolfin

PostPosted: Sat Jun 02, 2007 7:42 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I am also home and set up, and a couple of games in...

Great day, long for me due to distance, not as long as many (especially with multiple days), but enough for this old geezer to do up/back/set up in one day...

Since there are many folks out there waiting, thought I would post a few quick things...

Hospitality: Gene, Georgianna, Kim, Katy, TOG, and all the others that I don't know your names, what a welcoming bunch. Good old down home set up, nothing fancy, nothing fancy needed, just come on in and get your stuff, fits me to a tee...

They had things well organized to check in, get loaded, etc. One person who was near me at loading was struggling, they COULD NOT FIND HIS GAME!!!! Turned out there was a "storage" building (my term) where we picked up, and there were 2 or 3 games left in the assembly building, one of which happened to be his. I saw him loading later. Good news, it was there and went home with him. Bad news, lack of communication put this poor guy on the verge of a stroke since he thought his game was missing or not done! Thankfully it wasn't me.

Once home and setting up...

Looks absolutely mahvelous, well packed, etc. Don't know Capcom diagnostics from shinola (on tomorrow's list), but they did say one light bulb out and I didn't find it. Having transported many games, I expect to lose a few bulbs in the process.

After getting leveled and everything, first game came off great! Was really scared to have something happen. FWIW I did go through all connectors in the backbox and had a couple that were a little loose, presumably from hundreds of miles of driving.

No backbox bolts. On many of my games I don't use them, or just one. But the clamp that holds it down does NOT hold it down on this game. Looking in the manual there is a different style clamp than what was installed, it's a locking sort of thing, and I'm sure they figured no reason to put in the lock for all these home use folks. BUT... it doesn't fit very well and a good jolt would drop the backbox, so stick a bolt in there, fortunately I had one laying around.

One flipper is just a wee bit tight, didn't have an issue at first, but then it was sticking up. Will adjust before playing more, it's just out a tad.

One dissapointment, there are cracks in my speaker cover. They are not huge, but there are a few. The good news is that they are more visible when the game is off and we didn't notice them when on. Not sure if they are in all games or just mine, or I am being overly picky, but they are there. I also don't know if that is repro item or original, and whether I could possibly get a new one.

Bottom line:
I'm a happy new repro BBB owner! My thanks to Gene and all the folks, I can't imagine how much work has gone into this, and you should all be very proud of the finished product. To those of you waiting for shipping, take a deep breath, it's been awhile but it's almost over and barring Jethro running a fork lift through it I think you will be happy.

And with that, I'm off to catch some shut eye...
metallik

PostPosted: Sun Jun 03, 2007 8:10 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Cracks in the speaker cover... did you remove the protective film? The speaker cover on mine is perfect after removing the film.

Missed you there... did you get out early? :)
irbgolfin

PostPosted: Sun Jun 03, 2007 12:45 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Hey Larry,

Protective film? D'oh! I will have to go look, was not aware of anything.

We got there a little after 10 local time, spent about 1 1/2, were loaded, had lunch, was more interested in getting home and getting set up on Sat.

Bernie
irbgolfin

PostPosted: Sun Jun 03, 2007 1:11 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Yeah, that's it. What a dufus! Only have a couple of games with speaker covers like that and got them well used.

OK, smart guy, here's another question. The flipper return lane lights. 2 left, 2 right. The furthest one to the left doesn't show up in the light test. It would be something like lower left flipper GI 2. Mine is missing a diode. When I just saw the light, I added a diode before doing the test. Now it flashes very infrequently. Any ideas? Something wrong? Should I disconnect?
Lloyd Olson

PostPosted: Sun Jun 03, 2007 2:16 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I'm busy emailing people setting them up that have emailed me questions.
LTG Smile
hisnice

PostPosted: Sun Jun 03, 2007 2:32 pm    Post subject: It's really great! Reply with quote

We've been playing for hours last night and today, and it plays really well.

However, I have had a couple small problems and would like advice from anyone who can help.

First, I also had the lamp errors that I can't find. 3 of them, but all lamps appear to be lit.

2nd, I can no longer get to the underground. I could yesterday all the time, now it doesn't ever come up. So, I can't get to the Big Bang mode, because I never go underground. It knows I've made the inner orbit, the drop target works fine, but no underground mode.

Any suggestions on what to do about it?

Thanks!
h
awarner

PostPosted: Sun Jun 03, 2007 2:33 pm    Post subject: Re: So..... Reply with quote

hisnice wrote:
Side topic: Who are Kristin and Katie? I wish I more to talk to them about Wink )

Katie is Kim's Daughter and she has a young boy that we played with a bit while spending tiome with the both of them on Friday.

They are really nioe people, the lot of them!

-Al-
Pins and Vids #4 - A New Hoax DVD, Available NOW at www.pinsandvids.com for only $12.00 plus shipping.
capcomber

PostPosted: Mon Jun 04, 2007 12:00 am    Post subject: Re: It's really great! Reply with quote

hisnice wrote:

First, I also had the lamp errors that I can't find. 3 of them, but all lamps appear to be lit.

I had one lamp error.
When I got to lamp reference 48B in the lamp test, the display says
unused. Hower this controls the green lamp over the right card holder
where the plaques were placed. Manual says 48B is unused and
the green lamp above the plaque is not shown in the manual.
Bertl

PostPosted: Mon Jun 04, 2007 12:50 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

irbgolfin wrote:
Yeah, that's it. What a dufus! Only have a couple of games with speaker covers like that and got them well used.

OK, smart guy, here's another question. The flipper return lane lights. 2 left, 2 right. The furthest one to the left doesn't show up in the light test. It would be something like lower left flipper GI 2. Mine is missing a diode. When I just saw the light, I added a diode before doing the test. Now it flashes very infrequently. Any ideas? Something wrong? Should I disconnect?

See Tech Support!

Brgds
Norbert
PINBALL WITCH

PostPosted: Mon Jun 04, 2007 6:37 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Both Kristin and Kati are my daughters.

Some of you may have spoken to Kati on the phone when you have called IPB, she takes care of the web orders and the pay pal accounts.

Kristin is our "princess" and works outside the family business.

Both are strong willed, self reliant and outspoken, can't imagine where they get it.

It was wonderful seeing everyone that picked up games and putting faces with names after all of this time.

kim
This forum is locked: you cannot post, reply to, or edit topics.   This topic is locked: you cannot edit posts or make replies.    Big Bang Bar Forum Index -> Progress Updates All times are GMT - 7 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: