Big Bang Bar Forum Index Big Bang Bar
Forum hosted by Robert Winter

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

Freight Prices - What did you end up paying?

This forum is locked: you cannot post, reply to, or edit topics.   This topic is locked: you cannot edit posts or make replies.    Big Bang Bar Forum Index -> Shipping
View previous topic :: View next topic  
sellenoff

PostPosted: Tue Jun 05, 2007 1:58 pm    Post subject: Freight Prices - What did you end up paying? Reply with quote

I thought it would be interesting to start a thread comparing prices of what people had to pay around the country to get their BBB shipped. I picked up my machine this morning from the terminal with another Georgia Owner (Jon) and was psyched that the shipping rate was so low.

Freight charges to Atlanta, GA: 176$

Since we picked the game up, that's all it cost. Our terminal was about 45 minutes from my house and 1 hour from Jon's.

As TOG said, it would have been an added 35$ for deliver to the door, and then $85 more for a lift gate to the ground, so realistically, $115 extra, since most people don't have access to a fork lift to get it off the truck.

With the insane gas prices, I was very pleased to pay so little for shipping. I think the discount Gene got was definitely a factor, as NAVL quoted me $350 for 1 machine on a recent other purchase I did from about the same distance to here.

So what did you pay? And where you happy, disappointed, surprised, etc.
pmwolf3

PostPosted: Tue Jun 05, 2007 3:44 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

$175.71....

Which means I got screwed, because Kalamazoo Michigan is a lot closer than Georgia.

I was actually VERY happy with the final shipping cost. I was worried it would be $350-$400...

Pete
marspinball

PostPosted: Wed Jun 06, 2007 12:06 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

$309.55 To San Diego CA. At least that's what they told me when they called today. Should be ready for pick-up Thursday!!
BBB #131
litz

PostPosted: Wed Jun 06, 2007 5:32 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

To Phoenix City Alabama (adjacent to Columbus Ga) ABF terminal, paid $211.60 at pickup. Later noticed a $33.00 charge in with all the calculations and call terminal to ask. Lady explained it was a charge someone added for "calling me when the shipment arrived". Since I called them she is crediting my CC acount for the amount. So I guess shipping was actually $178.60. Not bad since our game changed trucks in Atlanta and previous poster paid $176 to Atlanta.
nworker

PostPosted: Thu Jun 07, 2007 8:14 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

To Los Angeles Pico Rivera station ABF charge $316.11.

#86 is in the house
This forum is locked: you cannot post, reply to, or edit topics.   This topic is locked: you cannot edit posts or make replies.    Big Bang Bar Forum Index -> Shipping All times are GMT - 7 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: