Big Bang Bar Forum Index Big Bang Bar
Forum hosted by Robert Winter

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

what i've had to do so far....Ping Kim, TOG see bold.

View previous topic :: View next topic  
CraigC

PostPosted: Wed Jun 06, 2007 6:34 am    Post subject: what i've had to do so far....Ping Kim, TOG see bold. Reply with quote

Ok so so far this is what needed doing...not pissed or anything...infact in a sick way i feel better tweaking the game to exactly how i like it.

#1. the exit from the left orbit situation.

Saw Metallic's solution and tried it with some foam double sided tape. This left a bit of transition between the foam layers (yes it was pretty slight) but it put some action on the ball. So i took out the screw at the end of the wireform and brought it out to be parallel with the art on the playfield. I did run one layer of 1/16" foam tape across the back to make the depth correct...Lo and behold...perfect. delivers the ball nicely to the left flipper setting you up for a perfect right orbit shot. Feels so good.

#2. drop targets were getting stuck under the start mode switches.

Ack. the center target would bend all the way back. Noticed that one of the drop target height adjustment screws was up too high...brought it down and later it happened again...ok now i torqued that sucker down and all is well. Just make sure these are tight or else they'll start walking

#3. lock down bar is all wiggly.

I went with more foam insulation tape...presto no wiggly.

#4. Tube dancer never lights.

Connector wasnt attached.

UNRESOVED:

#5. Underground target only comes down 1/2 way.

The mech is bent. also it was not aligned right in the target opening. Still playing around with this but looks like the target is kinda scraped up and i'll have to pull the mech and bend it straight.

Is it possible to send me a new DT mounting bracket? looks like the playfield was resting on this and it's twisted about 1/8 of an inch pretty abruptly. I can try bending it but I dont really have a metal shop to do it perfect.

#6. Binding flipper

Pretty easy just have to adjust these.

#7. Buzzing from the speaker panel.

Looks like i need to tape down the speaker panel plastic. since this vibrates pretty good causing a buzzing sound.

-c
irbgolfin

PostPosted: Wed Jun 06, 2007 10:46 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Attention Craigc

Re: flipper binding...

I had a "binding" flipper problem, too, assumed it was adjusted too tight...

Nope... there was no coil sleeve installed on one of the flippers, not easy to see unless you're looking for it... I posted this elsewhere but just in case you have the same problem, thought I'd repeat it here.

Bernie
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Big Bang Bar Forum Index -> Tech Support All times are GMT - 7 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: