Big Bang Bar Forum Index Big Bang Bar
Forum hosted by Robert Winter

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

Problems occurred during my 4th game

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Big Bang Bar Forum Index -> General Big Bang Bar Discussions
View previous topic :: View next topic  
sellenoff

PostPosted: Thu Jun 07, 2007 11:39 am    Post subject: Problems occurred during my 4th game Reply with quote

When I started my 4th game, trouble started. I noticed the right sling would fire anytime I pressed the flippers. After a lot of testing, I noticed that most but not all solenoids firing caused the right sling to double fire with it. Oddly, this only happened during the game, not during the solenoid test.

I decided it must be switch related and ran the switch test. Would have really liked a switch edges test like WMS uses, but anyway... I noticed that the right sling switch was closed. Further inspection showed the rubber ring was a bit too tight, maybe even slightly the wrong size? When I removed the rubber, the game problems when away..

Ultimately, I ended up stretching the rubber with my hands really good, and the game has been fine for the next 20 games or so.. Hurray!

Although I doubt anyone else will run into this strangeness, I thought I'd share incase someone does..

I was very relieved to fix my problems and get back to enjoying the game on my first night. So far, no other big problems have surfaced.
CraigC

PostPosted: Thu Jun 07, 2007 12:21 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

you might want to gap the switch a bit more. if its like WMS you can bend the bracket back a hair.

not that bad of a problem.

-c
awarner

PostPosted: Thu Jun 07, 2007 1:06 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Steve was at my house when I unpacked my game and I had a similar "Switch" problem. My left flipper EOS switch was closed. I was having extra balls in the trough and sometimes it would give you a new ball without any reason or recognizing that the ball had drained. I did the same thing, I adjusted the left flipper EOS and it's fine now. I have to guess that the switch matrix gets confused when the game boots with a switch closed that shouldn't be and tries to compensate for it (poorly).

-Al-
Pins and Vids #4 - A New Hoax DVD, Available NOW at www.pinsandvids.com for only $12.00 plus shipping.
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Big Bang Bar Forum Index -> General Big Bang Bar Discussions All times are GMT - 7 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: